Have you ever had an encounter where you felt fear and insecurity infiltrate your entire heart and mind? Have you ever felt this empty void in your heart as you scroll through Facebook...and you see all of your once close friends getting engaged, married and starting families? Like maybe you were missing something? All of those comments and likes, you just get so overwhelmed with these feelings of sadness and insecurity that you decide to post something incredible about God and your life...yeah you may get a few comments and probably 5 likes. But is that what we really strive for in life? We need to be out to get likes and comments from God and strive to seek His face in His book....the living Word brings power into every situation and problem. It speaks life into us and gives us that fire in our souls that we need to feed upon every day.
I have struggled every single day, up until now, trying to fill this empty void. I've tried filling it with short term relationships with guys, myself, material things, my friends...you name it. I honestly have to say that I hate struggling with stuff like this....considering I deal with the same struggles everyday. This empty void that I am scrambling around life to fill, I have found that there is only one way to fill it. That only way is Jesus. Jesus can fill this void in my life and it took me this long to realize it. I feel this is what we all need to do. Whatever void in your life that you're trying to fill that is empty...whether you're using drugs, alcohol, unhealthy relationships, or hanging around with the wrong crowd to fill this empty spot in your heart, turn to Jesus. He will embrace you with arms wide open if you would just run to Him. Chase after Jesus. Chase after His unfailing, everlasting love. He wants to fill you up with joy, peace, and strength. He wants to make you feel loved and appreciated. You're His daughter. You're His son. You're His everything and we need to give Him our everything. So if you're standing on the edge of your cliff in life, just look up and outstretch your arms to Christ and trust that when you fall off of your cliff, that He will catch you. If you stumble upon feeling insecure about yourself and you feel like you're worth nothing, remember that you are God's special diamond. He formed you out of the dirt and breathed life into you. He created us all to be whole, loving, and victorious. Sometimes you may feel like a piece of dirt. You're really not. You're really God's child. Nobody is intended to be alone...so if you feel that God will never bring you any friends or a soul mate. He will in His perfect time. God has been teaching me this everyday and trust me. It's so hard to wrap my head around what He's trying to say. He wants me to trust Him.
I have struggled every single day, up until now, trying to fill this empty void. I've tried filling it with short term relationships with guys, myself, material things, my friends...you name it. I honestly have to say that I hate struggling with stuff like this....considering I deal with the same struggles everyday. This empty void that I am scrambling around life to fill, I have found that there is only one way to fill it. That only way is Jesus. Jesus can fill this void in my life and it took me this long to realize it. I feel this is what we all need to do. Whatever void in your life that you're trying to fill that is empty...whether you're using drugs, alcohol, unhealthy relationships, or hanging around with the wrong crowd to fill this empty spot in your heart, turn to Jesus. He will embrace you with arms wide open if you would just run to Him. Chase after Jesus. Chase after His unfailing, everlasting love. He wants to fill you up with joy, peace, and strength. He wants to make you feel loved and appreciated. You're His daughter. You're His son. You're His everything and we need to give Him our everything. So if you're standing on the edge of your cliff in life, just look up and outstretch your arms to Christ and trust that when you fall off of your cliff, that He will catch you. If you stumble upon feeling insecure about yourself and you feel like you're worth nothing, remember that you are God's special diamond. He formed you out of the dirt and breathed life into you. He created us all to be whole, loving, and victorious. Sometimes you may feel like a piece of dirt. You're really not. You're really God's child. Nobody is intended to be alone...so if you feel that God will never bring you any friends or a soul mate. He will in His perfect time. God has been teaching me this everyday and trust me. It's so hard to wrap my head around what He's trying to say. He wants me to trust Him.