Trust in the Lord

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

KBond

Senior Member
Jun 5, 2013
662
21
18

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart

and lean not on your own understanding..." —Proverbs 3:5

There are times in my life when I am sure that I know what is best for me. Then I hear from the Lord, and He wants me to do something else. In the end, I find out that God (of course) was right all along.

Take for instance this time back when I was in college. I was waiting outside of the building for a class to start. Just minutes before I was supposed to be inside, I heard the Lord tell me to take my Bible out of my backpack. I argued with the Lord a little bit—saying I would be late to class, but I eventually did it anyway. Then He told me to sit under a tree and read it. I read it for as long as I could without being late to class. Since it was only a few minutes, I really did not feel like I had gained any wisdom.

About a week later, my mother brought home a local newspaper. On the front cover, there was a student on my college campus reading Charles Darwin's book "On the Origin of Species." Right next to that photo, there was a photo of me sitting under a tree reading the Bible. Yes, it is always right to trust in the Lord and not lean on our own limited understanding of what course of action to take in our lives. God is trustworthy!