Trusting in God vs Trusting what God does

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Hi Delvianna, the second story I shared actually WAS about God showing up for me personally, but maybe I did not express that very well. It did make the situation a lot more bearable, that's for sure 👍

I've had countless dreams that gave me comfort or direction in specific things, I know a lot of people discount dreams but I think some of them can be valid and come from God. It's a common theme is scripture.

I did have a situation where a friend shared a vision with me, and when he got to a specific part I suddenly knew it was a message for me addressing a secret fear I had held for years. The message was buried fairly deep in symbolism so the friend had no idea, but it was all very clear to me. I addressed the fear that very day through prayer and it hasn't really troubled me since then. Hard to explain but was very powerful.

I'm glad that God preserved you and clued you in on the "angels" deception, very cool example of Him looking after His kids! đź’ś
Thank you for sharing! Thats awesome that it hit home with you. God definitely looks after His own!
 
  • Heart
Reactions: Snackersmom
God is with us, every breath of our life.
Some people are staying away talking about experiencing God's presence, I am talking about believers.
While doctrines, theories, teaching is important, but if one does not experience God's presence, would this faith last?
Very true. How can you say "I know Him" without actually feeling like you have a relationship with Him? I don't think faith would last without it. Very good point!
 
Very true. How can you say "I know Him" without actually feeling like you have a relationship with Him? I don't think faith would last without it. Very good point!
I have seen some churches, they shy away of this teaching, and congregation is shrinking and shrinking.
While I do agree if faking the experience, or the experience is contradictive to scripture teaching, then should stay away.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Delvianna
I have seen some churches, they shy away of this teaching, and congregation is shrinking and shrinking.
While I do agree if faking the experience, or the experience is contradictive to scripture teaching, then should stay away.
I agree. I'm not liking where my congregation is headed either... People are complaining the service is too long and we're only gonna do group study like once a month now... ugh... Like, no one is forcing you to come or even stay. You think its too long, there is a door. You can walk out of it.

It's almost like, I'm sorry... is Godly worship getting in the way of your day? Awe.... :rolleyes:
 
I watched a video of Kirk Cameron saying this EXACT thing. His plan is for all good. Even if he doesn't answer our "WANT" prayers. He will always answer our NEED prayers. I have to remember that his ways are above my ways. FAR above.
 
I realized today that a lot of people when they say they trust in God, they always refer to God's actions. Trust essentially that whatever you're going through, you will come out of it.

But I realized no one seems to discuss what it means to trust in GOD. Period.

So first -----how do you yourself view having Trust in God Spiritually to help with your emotional support when you need it -----

Second ----your Susie example ---you give no information if this Susie is a Born Again Holy Spirit indwelled Person or if she is an Unbeliever ---

If Susie is a Saved she then she has to know that God never abandons His Children ---God the Father gave Susie the indwelling of the Holy Spirit so the Holy Spirit is her Comforting inner Support for her Emotional state ---She has God in her to help her deal with her emotion state ---



Topical Encyclopedia
Definition and Context:

Emotional support refers to the comfort, encouragement, and reassurance provided to individuals during times of distress, anxiety, or hardship.

The Role of the Holy Spirit:

The Holy Spirit is described as a Comforter or Advocate, providing believers with inner peace and support. J" The presence of the Holy Spirit in the life of a believer is a source of continual emotional support.


If Susie is not Born Again ---then Susie is a Sinner and Sin Blocks you from having contact with God ---so Susie would be on her own or depend on others to help her to deal with her emotions -----



Sin Separates Us from God

Topical Encyclopedia

The concept that sin separates humanity from God is a foundational tenet in Christian theology, emphasizing the profound impact of sin on the relationship between the Creator and His creation.
This separation is not merely a physical or emotional distance but a spiritual chasm that affects the very essence of human existence and divine fellowship.


So how do you give Susie advice, that she can go to God with her pain, and HOW (specifically) God is going to help Susie

Well ---if Susie is Born Again she has access to God who is indwelling in her to give her the emotional strength and endurance by asking the holy Spirit for that help through prayer ---and A Fellow believer can giver Her emotional comfort and Support as well ------

If Susie is not Born Again then God can use a Believer to help comfort and giver her moral support as she works through her emotions -----but her access to God for help is Blocked by her sin Nature ----


Scripture tells you about God


What your saying highlighted in red here ----is True-----Scripture does tell you about God but it tells you so much more than that ----

God's Word Inbirths Faith in You and by being in the Word you strengthen your Faith in God to Trust Him
God's word is Jesus -----The Word became Flesh and dwelt among us ---
God's word is Alive and Active ----
God's word is a double edged Sword ---
So God's word is very important to keep open and read all the time --

what Susie needs, is just literally God himself.
Well if Susie is Saved then she has God living in Her ----and has access every minute of every day to giver her comfort --peace --strength and wisdom to help her emotionally state

If Susie is not Saved then in order for her to have access to God she has to have her sinful Hardened heart toward God changed to an acceptable Heart by God the Father and repent of her sins and believe in Jesus Christ ---then she receives the Holy Spirit -----

Ezekiel 36:26
And I will give you a new heart, and I will put a new spirit in you. I will take out your stony, stubborn heart and give you a tender, responsive heart.