Trust in the Lord. Rest in Jesus and his finished work on the cross. Trust in him and his finished work on the cross and in his resurrection to save you. It is not what we do that saves us, not in the least. But rather our faith in Jesus and trusting in him and his work to save us. A prayer of salvation is good granted one does not turn that prayer into a obsession. I have done this before trying to say the right words and questioning if I prayed something right after I prayed it and then would repeat the prayer. One of the verses I have clung to in the past is John 6:37. It says " All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away." Perhaps I was concerned that the Lord might drive me away or not accept me but this verse showed me clearly that God would accept me if I came to him. He would not push me aside. During the time I was super afraid of going to hell, this verse was probably my main source of comfort. During this time just hearing that Jesus loved me got my attention. I remember once when I was in my room I was saying over and over I am the one Jesus loved and after that I went outside. I looked up in the sky and saw in the clouds I <3 U and I was taken aback. God really does love us! He is delighted whenever someone puts their faith in Jesus and the angels rejoice when this happens. Whoever of you is telling people that Jesus loves them, don't stop. That one phase can turn a life around.