Trying to delete a thread...is it possible??

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

Jonthree6teen

This is a very serious matter for me in particular. Please help!

W

wwjd_kilden

You can't delete threads, but you can PM a moderator and ask them to do it.

OnceFalllen, 1StillWaters, AlaynaJ

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
As a rule of thumb, we do not delete individual posts or threads except in very extreme circumstances, so be thoughtful and cautious about what you post. As the OP found out, everything in our forums including posts and profiles are viewable to the public at large via the guest screen, and can be found via Google or other search engines.

Last edited:
J

Jonthree6teen

I don't remember reading this in the agreement. If it was, then I must ask if deleting my account here would also delete every thread I've posted? Is it even possible of deleting it?

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
Any profile you create or post you make on any public forum can be found by Google search, this is the internet. Want to know how to change the water pump on your car? Do a Google search and you'll likely come up with threads on an automotive forum.

No, having your account deleted will not eradicate your posts.

J

Jonthree6teen

Understood. I made a mistake that can't be undone. I will still like to remove my account if that is still possible.

P

PrettyBelle

Oncefallen;740298[COLOR=red said:
][/COLOR]As a rule of thumb, we do not delete individual posts or threads except in very extreme circumstances, so be thoughtful and cautious about what you post. As the OP found out, everything in our forums including posts and profiles are viewable to the public at large via the guest screen, and can be found via Google or other search engines.
Used to be a mod on a VBullitin forum site just like this one so this unfortunatly true. I posted a lot of stuff that my ex bf who stalks me read and got mad. Of course that was when I was backslid. But yes if your username is searched on google or other engines, your post will show up. Hope this helps.