trying to find a date? bah humbug

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

LadyInWaiting

My birthday is next month and I will be edging closer to 30 than 20. Does this mean I will fall into a different men bracket age wise ? I kinda hope so. I like mature and grounded. The age thing doesn't bother me so much. Not yet anyway ! Be happy being with yourself serving God. Trust the rest to fall into place at his will.
I'm 29 and I like older guys too. Like 10+ years older. :eek: My mom freaks out sometimes...but hey my dad is 11 years older than her. So I don't know why she freaks out with me.
I wonder if that's a common theme among women. I know some like younger guys...but I think most of us like older men. They do seem more mature and respectful.

Ellorah

Jan 28, 2019
South Carolina
I'm 29 and I like older guys too. Like 10+ years older. :eek: My mom freaks out sometimes...but hey my dad is 11 years older than her. So I don't know why she freaks out with me.
I wonder if that's a common theme among women. I know some like younger guys...but I think most of us like older men. They do seem more mature and respectful.

I’m with you 100 % !!

Krumbeard

Apr 15, 2019
There seems to be a common thought on here about serving God but telling him our desires about finding a mate. I think this is a great way to think and live, although not always easy. It was suggested to me by a good friend to join a dating site/app. I did to see what it was all about. I don't think people even read the profiles (at least the ones that are for real anyway) . I had so many fakes and scammers that I decided that wasn't for me. I wasn't too keen on the idea in the first place.
Anyway, as I went along I decided there are things that I'd like to do and be involved in and I'd try to not get hung up on dating. (hard to do at times). Oddly a few weeks ago I got a call from a relative asking if I'd be interested in meeting a friend of hers. This was totally unexpected and I almost said "no". Although it did not go beyond a couple dates it was an answer to another prayer. God answers prayers in such odd and unexpected ways!
I try to not put too much expectation into marrying again although I hope for it. There is no promise in the Bible saying that will happen. And, what God has in store is best. Whatever that may be.
So, keep trusting God!

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
(... mumbles to self... half age plus seven...)

Assuming that you're turning 26, you will be able to date men (without shame) from 20 to 38. Or, if you don't give a flying flip what others think, you can date men from 20 to 100.

Of course the full analysis is much more complex, but I can't stick around to talk about it because I have a date.

Krumbeard

Apr 15, 2019
Why are you so desperate to find a date? What is so terrible about yourself that it is so daunting to be alone with yourself?
Nothing! I'm such a wonderful person that I want to share with someone else. It would be selfish to keep me all to myself!
🤣🤣🤣
Enough of that nonsense.