Ture Worship.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

laymen

Apr 6, 2014
faithlife.com
First and foremost, what is worship? Expressed as a Noun: the feeling or expression of reverence and adoration for a deity: or Expressed as a Verb: show reverence and adoration for (a deity); honor with religious rites:

4352. προσκυνέω proskuneō; from 4314 and κυνέω kuneō (to kiss); to do reverence to: —bow down (1), bow down before (1), bowed down (1), bowed down before (2), bowing before (1), bowing down (1), prostrated himself before (1), worship (32), worshiped (17), worshipers (1), worshiping (1), worships (1).

Thomas, R. L. (1998). In New American Standard Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek dictionaries: updated edition. Foundation Publications, Inc.

But what is true worship? True worship is defined by the Bible.

The Bible tells us what to worship. It's not for us to determine for ourselves.

Nowhere in the Bible do you see the command to worship God on Sunday. That said, many may argue you should worship God everyday with your actions. And I would have to agree. True worship is showing reverence for what we read in the Bible. And we are Called to be Christinas every day of the week. Does not the bible tell us to worship in Spirit and in truth, right? Part of that truth is not making counterfeits to worship. Because if we put our own believes in the mix with worship it becomes a form of idolatry. Let me explain, Jesus said to the pharisee, "your traditions made void the word of God and the law" Mark 7:13

That fact that many hold Sunday as a day of worship is for me like spitting in Gods face. Why would you hold Sunday as a day of worship when clearly the Bible only teaches on one day that is Holy? And make void the law of God with your human made traditions?

Back to what is true worship. People can meet any time they want, the people in the book of Acts meet every day and break bread. so, in its self-Sunday worship is harmless but when it becomes such a tradition that you forget the words of God and what it teaches, one's worship is void in Gods eyes. Ture worship only comes from the Word and how we respond to that Word. He tells us he will be with us in a special way when we worship the way he tells us. No blessing comes from doing things our own way.

It might be easy for some to take what I am saying the wrong way. Let it be known that I am not making an angry rant but more of a plea for people to wake up and a smell the blessings to come! Let's do things Gods way! Don't hold to some traditions because everyone else is doing it different. God has called the world. Be in the world not of it.

God loves us so much and does not want to force us to worship him. :love:

41 And they made a calf in those days, offered sacrifices to the idol, and rejoiced in the works of their own hands. 42 Then God turned and gave them up to worship the host of heaven, as it is written in the book of the Prophets:

The New King James Version (Ac 7:41–42). (1982). Thomas Nelson.

10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie

The New King James Version (2 Th 2:10–11). (1982). Thomas Nelson.

We all will struggle with things in life, but the Sabbath is a no brainer. I would rather struggle with "keeping something Holy" than making void all together Gods word by placing a Golden Cafe of our own making by placing Sunday above Sabbath.

Mofastus

May 23, 2019
It might be easy for some to take what I am saying the wrong way. Let it be known that I am not making an angry rant but more of a plea for people to wake up and a smell the blessings to come! Let's do things Gods way!
Romans 14:5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.

JESUS is my sabbath!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Matthew 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Hebrews 4:1 Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.

Matthew 22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Nowhere in the Bible do you see the command to worship God on Sunday.
Here's another poster looking for a theological textbook which says "Christians must worship on the first day of the week". Why don't you carefully study what is already in the New Testament without asking for textbook answers? It is all there for those who wish to discover the truth.

laymen

Apr 6, 2014
faithlife.com
Here's another poster looking for a theological textbook which says "Christians must worship on the first day of the week". Why don't you carefully study what is already in the New Testament without asking for textbook answers? It is all there for those who wish to discover the truth.
Hello Nehemiah6

So, you're not going to answer the question. Also, you imply I haven't studied. I just desire to explain the way of God more accurately. Act 18:26 We have to be fare minded. And not just follow something because it's just been done that way forever. The reformation is alive and well. Some importin doctrines have come back to light over the years for example the doctrine of baptism. Where would we be if we did not have this doctrine back in the light of Gods people. we would still be doing sprinkling for baptism.

laymen

Apr 6, 2014
faithlife.com
Romans 14:5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.

JESUS is my sabbath!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back in the day people did esteem sabbaths with a small "s" more than other days also those days went along with temple worship but your right we have Jesus as a rest for sin and no longer need the temple. That same Jesus all things are made by him John 1:3 so in order to give him worship as being the creator of the universe God made a day for all mankind to worship not just Jews who had more than one Sabbath> Mark 2:27 "all mankind"

Mofastus

May 23, 2019
yes It's Him, and I'm in no way trying to hinder you in finding that out for yourself. what you are posting is opinion, and simply showing the tenants of the doctrine of men, and my guess is SDA, but not necessary to condemn you for it. I gave you scripture to show you of why I believe as I do, very few actually but enough, but now it's apparent you don't know what Romans 14:5 is saying any more than Mark 2:27 because of men's doctrines, that is my opinion of course. However, if I may say, I hope you flourish in that doctrine enough to find out you still need to find God. May God bless you in doing so

laymen

Apr 6, 2014
faithlife.com
yes It's Him, and I'm in no way trying to hinder you in finding that out for yourself. what you are posting is opinion, and simply showing the tenants of the doctrine of men, and my guess is SDA, but not necessary to condemn you for it. I gave you scripture to show you of why I believe as I do, very few actually but enough, but now it's apparent you don't know what Romans 14:5 is saying any more than Mark 2:27 because of men's doctrines, that is my opinion of course. However, if I may say, I hope you flourish in that doctrine enough to find out you still need to find God. May God bless you in doing so
copout.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
First and foremost, what is worship? Expressed as a Noun: the feeling or expression of reverence and adoration for a deity: or Expressed as a Verb: show reverence and adoration for (a deity); honor with religious rites:

4352. προσκυνέω proskuneō; from 4314 and κυνέω kuneō (to kiss); to do reverence to: —bow down (1), bow down before (1), bowed down (1), bowed down before (2), bowing before (1), bowing down (1), prostrated himself before (1), worship (32), worshiped (17), worshipers (1), worshiping (1), worships (1).

Thomas, R. L. (1998). In New American Standard Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek dictionaries: updated edition. Foundation Publications, Inc.

But what is true worship? True worship is defined by the Bible.

The Bible tells us what to worship. It's not for us to determine for ourselves.

Nowhere in the Bible do you see the command to worship God on Sunday. That said, many may argue you should worship God everyday with your actions. And I would have to agree. True worship is showing reverence for what we read in the Bible. And we are Called to be Christinas every day of the week. Does not the bible tell us to worship in Spirit and in truth, right? Part of that truth is not making counterfeits to worship. Because if we put our own believes in the mix with worship it becomes a form of idolatry. Let me explain, Jesus said to the pharisee, "your traditions made void the word of God and the law" Mark 7:13

That fact that many hold Sunday as a day of worship is for me like spitting in Gods face. Why would you hold Sunday as a day of worship when clearly the Bible only teaches on one day that is Holy? And make void the law of God with your human made traditions?

Back to what is true worship. People can meet any time they want, the people in the book of Acts meet every day and break bread. so, in its self-Sunday worship is harmless but when it becomes such a tradition that you forget the words of God and what it teaches, one's worship is void in Gods eyes. Ture worship only comes from the Word and how we respond to that Word. He tells us he will be with us in a special way when we worship the way he tells us. No blessing comes from doing things our own way.

It might be easy for some to take what I am saying the wrong way. Let it be known that I am not making an angry rant but more of a plea for people to wake up and a smell the blessings to come! Let's do things Gods way! Don't hold to some traditions because everyone else is doing it different. God has called the world. Be in the world not of it.

God loves us so much and does not want to force us to worship him. :love:

41 And they made a calf in those days, offered sacrifices to the idol, and rejoiced in the works of their own hands. 42 Then God turned and gave them up to worship the host of heaven, as it is written in the book of the Prophets:

The New King James Version (Ac 7:41–42). (1982). Thomas Nelson.

10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie

The New King James Version (2 Th 2:10–11). (1982). Thomas Nelson.

We all will struggle with things in life, but the Sabbath is a no brainer. I would rather struggle with "keeping something Holy" than making void all together Gods word by placing a Golden Cafe of our own making by placing Sunday above Sabbath.
There are some reasons to treat Sunday as a new Testament sabbath.
First the early church did meet the first day of the week...Acts 20 is one reference of many.
Second, when the commandment was first given it was tied to creation. The second time it was given it was also linked with salvation. The first time with creation. The second instance looking forward to the new creation in Christ. God rested from His work of creation the 7th day. Christ sat down at the right hand of the Father after completing the work of the new creation the first day of the week.
It can also be argued that the translation of weeks in Matthew 28:1 should be sabbath. The word for weeks there is in most places translated sabbath.
I offer these comments only to edify...not to contend.

laymen

Apr 6, 2014
faithlife.com
There are some reasons to treat Sunday as a new Testament sabbath.
First the early church did meet the first day of the week...Acts 20 is one reference of many.
Second, when the commandment was first given it was tied to creation. The second time it was given it was also linked with salvation. The first time with creation. The second instance looking forward to the new creation in Christ. God rested from His work of creation the 7th day. Christ sat down at the right hand of the Father after completing the work of the new creation the first day of the week.
It can also be argued that the translation of weeks in Matthew 28:1 should be sabbath. The word for weeks there is in most places translated sabbath.
You really believe this???

laymen

Apr 6, 2014
faithlife.com
Matthew 28:1 should be sabbath. The word for weeks there is in most places translated sabbath.
Not sure were you get week being sabbath the word Sabbath is before the word week anyways. mat 28:1 just a thought

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
Not sure were you get week being sabbath the word Sabbath is before the word week anyways. mat 28:1 just a thought
The word for week and sabbath are the exact same word.

GRACE_ambassador

Feb 22, 2021
Midwest
Ture worship?
First and foremost, what is worship?
Do you mean True worship? Of course that cannot be "first and foremost" since
"The preaching Of Jesus Christ, According To The Revelation Of The Mystery,
With The Gospel Of GRACE" (Rom 16:25; Eph 2:8-9; 1Co 15:3-4), Must be First
And Foremost! If that is misunderstood (just look at all the Disagreements),
then, of course, there will be no True worship. :cry: Thus, As God Exhorts:

"Do all things Decently And In Order" (1Co 14:40) rule # 1 of Bible study Rules.

GRACE, Peace, And JOY...

laymen

Apr 6, 2014
faithlife.com
Ture worship?

Do you mean True worship? Of course that cannot be "first and foremost" since
"The preaching Of Jesus Christ, According To The Revelation Of The Mystery,
With The Gospel Of GRACE" (Rom 16:25; Eph 2:8-9; 1Co 15:3-4), Must be First
And Foremost! If that is misunderstood (just look at all the Disagreements),
then, of course, there will be no True worship. :cry: Thus, As God Exhorts:

"Do all things Decently And In Order" (1Co 14:40) rule # 1 of Bible study Rules.

GRACE, Peace, And JOY...
Talking more than just milk. One has to grow in grace.