Turning everything over to God

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oct 26, 2018
I have consistently failed to turn everything over to God. I pray everyday that I do but I keep taking back my will and keep sinning. Im very stubborn

Oct 26, 2018
I’m a acholic with reluctic PTSD, I just spent 45 days in a impatient rehab. I’m 41 yrs old trying to figure it out. I hold a job but barley. Just want God to take this all from me and for me to love a normal life

Sketch

Nov 1, 2018
You should add spell-check to your want list. Just sayin'.

I keep a card in front of my computer keyboard that reads: Turn it over to God.
I need the constant reminder.

You need to take that thought with you throughout the day.
It sounds like you left it in your prayer closet.

Don't leave God at home. Invite him into your day.
I ask God the Father to walk with me, each day.
He's right there with me all day.

Troubled65

Feb 22, 2018
I’m a acholic with reluctic PTSD, I just spent 45 days in a impatient rehab. I’m 41 yrs old trying to figure it out. I hold a job but barley. Just want God to take this all from me and for me to love a normal life
I too have troubles...as my name indicates, but i take comfort in knowing that the Lord told us that in the world we would have tribulation, but that we should be of good cheer because Christ has overcome the world. You might also read Peter who told us not to think it strange concerning the firey trial which is to try us... Anyway, keep praying. I find I do better when I'm in much prayer. God bless.

Oct 26, 2018
I will read Peter

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
I have consistently failed to turn everything over to God. I pray everyday that I do but I keep taking back my will and keep sinning. Im very stubborn
Romans 7:15-20 New International Version (NIV)
15 I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. 16 And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. 17 As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. 18 For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. 19 For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. 20 Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.

And that's coming from the guy that wrote most of the NT and had an astonishing run in with God.

If I had a penny for every town I've known,
And if I had a nickel for every song I've sung,
If I had a quarter for every tear I've cried,
And if I had a dollar for every hurt I felt inside.

I'd be the richest... the richest one in the world,
Richest one in the world.

If I had a ruby for every drop of blood you shed,
And if I had an emerald for every single debt,
Had a piece of silver for every sin you took,
And if I had a diamond for every beautiful truth in your book.

I'd be the richest... the richest man in the world.

Yes, I am, (yes, I am)
Yes, I am, (yes, I am)
I believe I am, (yes, I am)
Surely I am. (yes, I am)

When I was lost, a stranger to innocence,
When I was guilty in the face of such evidence,
When I was condemned, that's when the veil was rent,
When I was broken you came to my defense.

If I had a ruby for every drop of blood you shed,
And if I had an emerald for every single debt,
If I had a piece of silver for every sin you took,
Lord, if I had a diamond for every beautiful truth in your book.

I would be the richest, (I'd be the richest one)
I would be the richest, (I'd be the richest one)
Lord knows I believe I am the richest, (yes, yes, the richest)
I'm the richest one in the world.

Yes, yes, I am,
Lord, I'm the richest one in the world,
Oh, the richest one in the world.

I'm the richest one in the whole wide world

Oct 26, 2018
You should add spell-check to your want list. Just sayin'.

I keep a card in front of my computer keyboard that reads: Turn it over to God.
I need the constant reminder.

You need to take that thought with you throughout the day.
It sounds like you left it in your prayer closet.

Don't leave God at home. Invite him into your day.
I ask God the Father to walk with me, each day.
He's right there with me all day.
I do ask God to be with me but everytime I read the Bible it’s very much fire and brimstone. I’m not sure I understand your comment of spell check,not really sorry if I missed spelled a word or comment.

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
First, you will never change through your own strength and will. Instead, you need to let the Holy Spirit transform you!

"Do not be conformed to this present world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may test and approve what is the will of God—what is good and well-pleasing and perfect." Romans 12:2

"And we all, with unveiled faces reflecting the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another, which is from the Lord, who is the Spirit." 2 Cor. 3:18

The words "be transformed" and "are being transformed" are in the passive in Greek. The DIVINE passive. It is something the Holy Spirit does to us, as we walk with him.

How do we walk with God? We don't scrunch up our faces, and try to be good. If we could be good on our own, Jesus would not have had to come to earth as a baby, and die on the cross in our place.

So how, you ask?

Well, read the Bible daily. You seem to have some writing issues, you might want to get a simple Bible like the NLT. If you read 3 chapters of the OT and 1 chapter of the NT a day, you will read through the Bible in a year. Or, read one OT and 1 NT chapter, and it will take a bit longer! But you will still be learning and growing.

Before you read, ask God to show you what he wants you to learn. Pray before and after. Keep a prayer journal, record what prayers God answers. Seek God daily on your knees. When God gives you a verse that is meaningful, memorize it. Say it daily, and ask God to show you how you can apply the verse.

Next, fellowship. Go to church! Find a real life Bible study. Share the gospel with the lost. Don't be intimidated by Satan who will say God cannot use you because you are stubborn. God created you, and he will use you for his glory.

A lot of discipline required here. Keep a calendar. Write daily what you did. Look for gaps. Why didn't you read your Bible one week? Why didn't you pray another week. God will give you clues, to help you grow in spirit and truth.

"Heavenly Father, I pray for 1371, that you would help him grow, and not stay stagnant. Send your Holy Spirit to encourage, to teach and to lead him. I thank you for 1371. In Jesus name I pray, Amen!"

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
I know that it can be very discouraging to keep falling/failing on the same sin I too have battles that I fight against some I win and some I loose, but remember when you stumble and fall to keep getting up and keep handing your fight back to God. We fail but God doesn't and Jesus has already paid the price and we have victory through Him.

He has saved us all we need to do is believe it and keep getting up and never give up.

Sketch

Nov 1, 2018
I do ask God to be with me but everytime I read the Bible it’s very much fire and brimstone. I’m not sure I understand your comment of spell check,not really sorry if I missed spelled a word or comment.
Have you had a conversion experience to restore your relationship with God?
As a result the indwelling Spirit will enable you to live the way you want to. (for the most part)

Sep 3, 2016
“For with God nothing shall be impossible (what is impossible with man is very much possible with God).” Luke 1:37

My Dear Brother in Christ, because you have cried out, the LORD will help you and set you free from this bondage of Satan.

God's redemption plan requires that the Believer place and maintain their Faith exclusively in His Beloved Son Jesus in whom He is well please (and listen to Him), and the Finished Work at Calvary Cross where the victory was won (Romans 8:2). Now you shall see what He will do to Satan (Exodus 6:1). The Holy Spirit will immediately help you in every capacity of life (Romans 8:1; John 10:10)!

If you ignore this, the works of the flesh will continue to manifest in your life. Let me repeat what I said on previous threads;

Paul tells us this in the 5th Chapter of Galatians. The entire Book of Galatians, but especially the 5th Chapter, is a warning from Paul to the Church at Galatia, which is also meant for us. The warning is that if they place their faith in anything except “Christ and Him Crucified,” that “Christ shall profit you nothing” (Gal. 5:2).

The Apostle goes on to say that if the Believer doesn’t adhere to the Way of the Spirit, which is the Way of the Cross, then works of the flesh will manifest themselves. He said:

“Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the Kingdom of God” (Gal. 5:19-21).

Now let me say it again, because it is so very important:
If the Believer doesn’t understand the Cross of Christ, as it regards Sanctification, then, in some way, one or more of these “works of the flesh” are going to manifest themselves in his life. As stated, such is inevitable! The first four, “Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, and lasciviousness,” are obvious and easily understood. But the modern Christian quickly dismisses “idolatry, witchcraft, and heresies,” thinking they do not really apply today.

JSM

KD

Nov 20, 2018
This is the wrong place to share

I imagine you said this b/c you felt criticized for your minor spelling and grammatical mistakes. I’m sure they had good intentions. Please forgive them.

Know that you’re not alone in your struggles. If when you read the Word you fee it’s very much fire and brimstone, I believe God is calling you to repentance. I speak from personal experience. Admit your shortcomings to the Lord our Savior. He sees you where you are. Trust in the power of His Spirit. Be patient with yourself. Continue to speak about your struggles. Boast in your weakness, He is made strong when you do. If needed, seek professional help for alcoholism. That is a strong disease to overcome.

Sanctification is a process. Belief and faith in the Lord is not a promise that we will not struggle. It doesn’t mean our problems disappear. He has promise to complete the good work He began in us and He ALWAYS comes through on His Word.

Love you in Christ my brother and I hope you see better days very soon.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
i am not an alcoholic, I'm just an old, old lady. I've had lots of experience with turning everything over to God, but it was because I was forced to every time.

I actually remember the first time and I must have been under one year old. My mother and Dad who had loved and cuddled me gave me over one afternoon to a brash redhead and a cigar smoking man who did not want me at all. Mom had gotten sick. I remember crying for warmth and comfort and finding none. One stormy night I was terrified of the wind shaken trees outside my window and I only was spanked for yelling my terror. I gave up on ever getting comfort or safety again until I heard there was a God.

I grew up and raised a family, and every single one of them will not so much as speak to me even though they live in the same town. I actually have nothing but the Lord, for all my money has gone to pay for my old age. I have a bed to sleep in and enough food to eat, that is absolutely all of things of this earth.

People think the blessings from the Lord are so wonderful, and glory in them and their family. I have found that they are nothing compared to the beauty, love, joy, and riches of the Lord. When everything else is taken away it only points to the wonder of those riches and makes you content with them.

I have seen people whose bodies are made so they crave poisons for the temporary feelings they give. I had the same problem with tobacco some time ago, it was awful. It was prayer by a group of women who kept close to the Lord that freed me, finally. I will join them in praying for your freedom in the Lord.

obedienttogod

Jan 3, 2019
Bro,

Don't feel alone. Even those of us, who feel the WORD of God has been opened unto them, and we spend much time here discussing scriptural meaning ALL struggle somewhere in our walk in God.

We are ALL SINNERS saved by the Mercy and Grace of God. Just because of our human nature alone, makes us sinners, even while being saved by the Blood of Yeshua for all Eternity.

Day to day life, someone cuts us off driving, runs a light, causes us to stop our purpose for only a moment...and we have murdered them with our words, thoughts, even have brought race into it. It amazes me, that a single incident can bring out that which is only hidden, and not yet given completely to God.

You obviously are not alone. NONE of US here or anywhere, are walking in the path of God without distraction, sin, error, mistakes, failure. Truthfully and honestly, yes, we are more than conquerors through Yeshua, but without Yeshua, we are sinners doomed for all eternity, no hope, no joy looking towards tomorrow. You have hope and joy. Even while living for Yeshua, we will sin, but the hope and joy and His promise He made. Means, when we sin, we will still conquer over that sin because of His Promise.