Two Basic Views of Christ´s Economy (Part 2)

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

secularhermit

Banned
May 3, 2013
8,719
75
0
[FONT=&quot]Will I receive more if I´m working hard to advance His kingdom? Sure! He´ll give more to share (but I´m not saved for giving charity).[/FONT]




[h=2]“Blessed are those who freely give”[/h][FONT=&quot]The Bible record tells me he saw a poor woman giving in all she had to live, but I never read He despised poor or rich people.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]It´s easy to know the reason a man (or a woman) had to use prostitution as a means to make money (or to get some physical pleasure) but I see Him paying a visit to a woman who loved Him tenderly when spreading over His head a costly perfume, before He died. Was she rich enough or poor to do that? (The New Testament said she was Mary, the sister of Lazarus, and she stopped doing wrong).[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]In the Old Testament we read of a man who went to a “whore” after selling his sheep. a) Was that woman a real prostitute?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]b) Was he married or needed someone´s favor to find some physical release?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]We, as Christians, have the right to keep our views, but the truth shines itself.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Money may serve for good or wrong. It´s up to us to see what we do to avoid the wrong we did.

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Jesus, clearly said, [/FONT][FONT=&quot]we cannot love money and serve God[/FONT][FONT=&quot]. He, instead, told His disciples to leave all, while He Himself had left all He had those three (3) final years. (Matt. 6:24-25; Matt. 8:20) What a coherency! Jesus wasn´t lying to manhood.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot](I worship You, God! I often thought those words were His way to dismiss good intentions)

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]He discouraged all those who were unwilling to pay the price (John 6:60, 63-66, 67-68) so, Is it coherent to ask people anything we haven´t left?

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Can I ask my brother: “Stop sinning” while I haven´t stopped judging or blaming others?

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Is it consistent to ask any woman´s love, while I plan to leave her alone the moment I´m being informed she is pregnant (and the “father” is me)?

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Jesus never intended to ask ANY to do a thing He wasn´t doing or planned to do.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]When Jesus asked His disciples to follow Him:[/FONT]

· [FONT=&quot]He knew they could (so [/FONT][FONT=&quot]He had faith[/FONT][FONT=&quot] on mankind)[/FONT]

· [FONT=&quot]He knew who they were and prayed for them.[/FONT]

· [FONT=&quot]He will provide for deficiencies or lacks.[/FONT]

· [FONT=&quot]He will encourage.[/FONT]

· [FONT=&quot]He will empower.[/FONT]

· [FONT=&quot]He will nurture.[/FONT]

· [FONT=&quot]He will assist.[/FONT]

· [FONT=&quot]He will test.[/FONT]

· [FONT=&quot]And they would endure (except Judas).

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Money does not qualify our inner being and strengths. Money does not empower character and never gives us assurance at all (Matt. 6:19, 21)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Jesus was and is rich, but not the earthly fashion certain men insist on (just to ask free money from you and me).

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Jesus is rich because God wants Him to be so and, accordingly to Revelations, He deserves all: He is the only one who deserves it (on earth).

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The materialistic view says you are poor “because you are cursed”. Some go farther and said: “God does not love you”. So, are rich people the only blessed?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The WHOLE New Testament insists one God blessing: “Is that blessing money alone?”[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The whole Scripture says we´ve been blessed by God, through Israel and His chosen people (but “I´m under a curse” because I´m poor).

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Did Jesus publicly bless the poor woman who gave her all, at the temple? (Yes! And we don´t know her name).

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Was a poor woman blessed when giving food (and roof) a holy man God sent?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Instead, by doing that, that poor woman fed her starving son for weeks, same way she blessed a prophet.

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]What deters you to share what you have got: Money idolatry? Greed? Lack of faith and trust on God´s provision?[/FONT]