two questions

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 29, 2021
number one. this is one from when i was young. We are created in God's image. does that mean physical image or spiritual? ...or both.
number two in Genesis , it says in the beginning, not at the beginning, which to me means there was some pre-emptive activities and creating Earth came along after that. The other part is God created light and God saw light was good. so in God's existence there is not light before he created Earth. This is a question I have always asked God and that is how did you know how to make a tree? a flower a bird?...etc this world is a true Marvel.

wattie

Feb 24, 2009
New Zealand
It would be amazing to see what is actually going on with atoms and particles etc when a miracle is done or like in the beginning as you say with how things were made

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
God is a Triune Being, so is man. Body, Soul and Spirit.

He said "Let us create man in OUR IMAGE"

The "light" He created was the great light that rules the day, the sun, and the light that rules the night, the moon. In Heaven, at Gods Throne, He is the LIGHT that illuminates everything. Jesus is said to be the LIGHT of the world.

As for "in the beginning' vs. "at the beginning," I would think you are not reading Genesis correctly. Regarding the steps God took in the creation of the heavens and the earth.

Why does it matter about what came before His creating the heavens and the earth? God IS. He always has been and always will be. If you are really worried about it, don't be. One day you will know the answer to all your questions. I seriously doubt that all of your questions will be answered in this life we live now. That will all come in the next life.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
This is a question I have always asked God and that is how did you know how to make a tree? a flower a bird?...etc this world is a true Marvel.
Perhaps you should ask, 'how did the tree, flower, bird etc., know how to become a tree, flower, bird etc., just from God speaking them into existence'.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
number one. this is one from when i was young. We are created in God's image. does that mean physical image or spiritual? ...or both.
Both. Christ would take human form, but even before that He appeared as the Word of God or the Angel of the LORD to men.
number two in Genesis , it says in the beginning, not at the beginning, which to me means there was some pre-emptive activities and creating Earth came along after that.
"In the beginning" the triune Godhead existed from eternity past. There was no creative activity before creation.
The other part is God created light and God saw light was good. so in God's existence there is not light before he created Earth.
God Himself is Light and Christ Himself is Light. This is called "the glory of God" in a physical sense. So on day one, Christ created cosmic light. But on day four He created the sun and moon to give light during the day or night, and to regulate the times and seasons. All the natural laws went into effect during creation week.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
Both. Christ would take human form, but even before that He appeared as the Word of God or the Angel of the LORD to men.
"In the beginning" the triune Godhead existed from eternity past. There was no creative activity before creation.
God Himself is Light and Christ Himself is Light. This is called "the glory of God" in a physical sense. So on day one, Christ created cosmic light. But on day four He created the sun and moon to give light during the day or night, and to regulate the times and seasons. All the natural laws went into effect during creation week.
Right.

God is spirit, and scripture is not only giving secular history but each verse is from the spirit of God. We are not to read it as spiritual and physical truth, both.

If you go back to the Hebrew words for the creation of the first and fourth day, it is clear what the lights that translations say were created were. On the first day the Hebrew word was owr, with a meaning of goodness, knowledge, all things of God. On the fourth day the Hebrew word for what was created is mowr, or the source of illumination.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
Have to love the "it doesn't matter so don't ask questions" response. Always so beneficial.

CS1

May 23, 2012
number two in Genesis , it says in the beginning, not at the beginning, which to me means there was some pre-emptive activities and creating Earth came along after that. The other part is God created light and God saw light was good. so in God's existence there is not light before he created Earth. This is a question I have always asked God and that is how did you know how to make a tree? a flower a bird?...etc this world is a true Marvel.

answer to Q? 1.

We are made in His likeness a triune being body soul and spirit like God but we are not God.

answer to Q? 2.

Genesis is explaining "God is" and has always been with no beginning or end of God. The First Cause Uncaused. God is the Creator and is all-knowing. His intellect can not be measured OR Limited.

birdie

Sep 16, 2014
Thanks for your question BelieverBill. When the Bible uses the word 'creation' it is usually in reference to saved persons. We read in Ephesians: "For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them. " When we are saved, we are like Christ in the inner man because he has given us his spirit. The Bible tells us that "God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth " Of course, saved persons are like Christ in the sense that they have a physical body (in whatever condition) while they are in the present experience, if you will.