Two worlds collide.

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

footstepstoheaven

Junior Member
May 11, 2014
2
0
1
Its been a little over two weeks since I decided to go through with my pregnancy. And a lot has happened since then.

1. I told my parents. Really scary. My father reacted pretty much how I thought, he was/is furious with me. My mother either hasn't processed what is going on, or is in denial. I admit that I am still in denial about a lot of things as well. Overall, they didn't kick me out (yet) but they haven't really directed so much as a glance towards me in the last few days.

2. I went to the doctor for a general checkup. Things seem normal, the only concern is that I have not gained any weight. if anything, I have a lost quite a bit. The doctor is concerned about the size of the baby. So that is fairly scary. My due date is towards the end of November.

3. Adoption????? Keeping him/her??? Right now, I can't even begin to think about what to do. I need to make a decision though. I have been looking at adoption agencies online and set up an appointment with one. I like the idea of the baby having two stable adult parents. And I like the idea of an open adoption. I would get pictures/updates from the adoptive parents.

But... I also can't imagine going through nine months of hell at age 14 all for a person that I would not be able to see and raise and enjoy. I'm just a kid though. A stupid one, but still a kid. It would be like the blind leading the blind. A kid raising a kid.

So... yeah, thats it. Two worlds collide. That of a student preparing for final exams and that of a mother to be. I can't say that the combination is particularly enjoyable, but I can guess that the future is going to get even more complicated.

All that I can say now, is that God is with me.

I'll update when something new happens.

If anyone has had positive experiences with adoption/parenting as a teen, could they please comment below?

Thank you :)
 
Parents are mad. course I don't blame them I would be mad as well. BUT if you hang in there and show you are willing to do the right thing I think the anger will mellow out.

As for the 9 months, well actions have consequences and "9 months" is the consequences. As I tell people its all fun and games till someone gets prego.

As for 2 worlds collide, its going to be hard you will just have to suck it up and deal with it. You know what you need to do. Welcome to real life, its not ponies and rainbows. its hard and dirty.

as for adoption. that is a choice you have to make. if you go this route or not you are always going to second guess it. you will always question if you did the right thing. But you will have to decide what is best.
 
I'd be doing a lot of praying asking God for leadership. If your parents are willing to help and you want to keep it then that's great but adoption can also be a good thing. Either is better than terminating the pregnancy....so thank God you didn't go that way. I said a prayer for you and the baby and your parents the god would lead your hearts which way he'd have you to go.