Tying Tzitzit

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Beez

Nov 27, 2017
the Worship of tying Tzitzit
Blue upon my hands
and leaving it there until
i must wash them
seeing the knobby intricate Four
imperfect as i am
and so a work
. . . . so much like me

Prov910

Jan 10, 2017
Tzitzit [tsiˈtsit] (Hebrew: ציצית‬, Modern tsitsit) are specially knotted ritual fringes, or tassels, worn in antiquity by Israelites LINK

Who knew! :)

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
I'm glad someone explained what tzitzit is..lol

Tzitzit [tsiˈtsit] (Hebrew: ציצית‬, Modern tsitsit) are specially knotted ritual fringes, or tassels, worn in antiquity by Israelites LINK

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013

i knew. i had been asking people why they are blue some months ago
they are tied on the hem of the garment
the part the woman touched of His robe, with the issue of blood, and was healed
they were commanded in the Law that all Israelite men should wear
after the man was caught gathering wood on the sabbath, and they didn't know what to do,
because it had never happened before
so they held him and asked
and the LORD said he must be stoned by the whole assembly, to death
and then
blue, on the hem of your garments, the whole assembly
to make them remember

the woman that was healed by touching the hem of His garment
He called "daughter"

the blue dye was special, and it was lost during the captivity
i wondered - did Christ's garment have the 'real blue' ?
tzittzit, that no one else had?
the Pharisees elongated their tassels
but they could not heal

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2016
They are simply a 'reminder', to the many that have been told...

FlyingDove

Dec 27, 2017
Jesus wore a Prayer Shawl (tallih) the HEM (tzitzit - pronounced zit-zit) is what the lady with the 12 year blood issue touched in Matt 9:20.

The prayer shawl reveals the name of God (YHVH), the Word of God, the residence of God, His DOUBLE portion of power for miracles, and reveals the prophecy of Israel.

When religious meetings were held in the Old Testament they usually occurred under a large tent. The tent was not big enough to accommodate all of the Jewish people who gathered. Because of this, individuals made their own private tents by wearing their prayer shawls over their heads. This is why prayer shawls are sometimes called "tallit" in Hebrew, which means "little tent." or tabernacle.

Acts 18:3 And because he was of the same craft, he abode with them, and wrought: for by their occupation they were tentmakers. (Prayer Shawls are the tents that the apostle Paul made).

On each of the four corners of the tallih are called tzitzit, four woolen spun fringes are drawn through holes in the garment. The fringes now dangle from both sides of the hole, thus becoming eight fringes.

These fringes are then coiled and knotted in a prescribed manner, and their ends hang loosely. The english word "HEM" (that's the HEM of Jesus garment. That the lady with the 12 year blood issue touched in Matt 9:20) is a translation of a Greek word (kraspedon) meaning a tassel or coil of twisted wool. These tassels are attached to the corners at the bottom of the prayer shaw.

There are five (double) knots on each of the tzitzit tassels. In the spaces between these knots, one of the fringes – which is longer than the others – is coiled around the rest.

Seven coils in the first space, eight in the second, eleven in the third, and thirteen in the fourth.

These 39 coils have the same numerical value as "Hashem Echad" God is One! Also, representing the 39 stripes He received, by which we were healed.

(Numbers 15:38-39)"Speak to the children of Israel and say to them: They shall make for themselves fringes on the corners of their garments. And this shall be tzitzit for you, and when you see it, you will remember all the commandments of God, and perform them" (Footnote: Tzitzit pronounced zit-zit translates to wings see mal 4:2) zit-zit is a number equaling 600.

In Hebrew every letter has a number value. Each of the 4 tassle spell: YHVH = Yahweh = Jehovah = God Saves = Jesus Saves.

The tassle's have 5 strains, a double knot then 8 strain's to equal 13 plus the 600 = 613. Also, The number 13 represents the number of principles of Jewish faith. And the 13 Attributes of Mercy that God taught Moses. There are 613 Mizvot commands/laws.

There are both (positive obligations) and (negative prohibitions) which are divided into 365 Negative Mitzvot (to remind them not to do bad things every day of the year) plus 248 Positive Mitzvot (the number of bones and main organs in the human body) for a total of 613 commandments. In this way, the people could obey the 613 commmand ments with their entire body.

This is the ful-fillment of the law in (matt 5:17) Jesus kept (was obedient) to All 613! WOW! (Remember James 2:10: if you break 1 you've broken them all!) (Rom 5:19 So, by the obedience of one). WOW! What a mighty God we serve. Thank You Jesus!

Finally, Upon Jesus Return see Rev 19:13 (His vesture, outer garment or PRAYER SHAWL) and again we see in Rev 19:16 (His vesture or prayer shaw).

L

loverofjesus27

Knew. But didn’t notice.