UFOs are real!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
Hard to argue against His logic. However, I still hold out the possibility that something intelligent may be out there, if for no other reason than that I do not fully understand everything. Also, there may be animal or plant life out there, life our sin could have impacted.

I believe "UFOs" are ours. I think they're experimental aircraft, and the best way to get anyone's attention -- especially our geo-political enemies' -- off of the project, we are misdirected to the idea that these craft are not earthly at all.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
the ones with the lights are ours of course.

GaryA

Truth, Honesty, Love, Courage
Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
I agree with Ken Ham on this one - unidentified? - sure - alien? - nope.

Talljake

Jul 17, 2022
Hear me out. I once was told, that aliens where Satan's distractions. Like bigfoot. A man wasted 40yrs looking for bigfoot.....40yrs. Look at how long people have been chasing aliens. All this time and effort. Imagine if they had put that time and effort into the lord. It distracts people. It draws people away from God, that's what Satan wants. I'm not saying these things are real or not but that Satan knows it will keep people away from God.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
Hear me out. I once was told, that aliens were Satan's distractions. Like bigfoot. A man wasted 40yrs looking for bigfoot.....40yrs. Look at how long people have been chasing aliens. All this time and effort. Imagine if they had put that time and effort into the lord. It distracts people. It draws people away from God, that's what Satan wants. I'm not saying these things are real or not but that Satan knows it will keep people away from God.
Anything can be a distraction.
So the issue here would be: are they ONLY a distraction?

Whatever they are, I think we can conclude the effect they have on society is to be more than a mere distraction.
For many they have become the grounds for "alternate worldviews", or even "alternate religions."
An alternate worldview or religion is not a distraction from God, it is a replacement for God.

Whatever they are, the effect they have throughout the culture is palpable.
I would agree they are a distraction, but they are not merely a distraction... whatever they are.

Eli1

Apr 5, 2022
I think the funniest post in this topic is from Gary the flat earther.

Talljake

Jul 17, 2022
Anything can be a distraction.
So the issue here would be: are they ONLY a distraction?

Whatever they are, I think we can conclude the effect they have on society is to be more than a mere distraction.
For many they have become the grounds for "alternate worldviews", or even "alternate religions."
An alternate worldview or religion is not a distraction from God, it is a replacement for God.

Whatever they are, the effect they have throughout the culture is palpable.
I would agree they are a distraction, but they are not merely a distraction... whatever they are.

Yes, but the base is a distraction. People are so distracted by things like aliens that it has evolved into something greater when we shouldn't be so focused on it. Instead of letting people believe in these things, we should be encouraged to spread God's word. Show them what the Bible says and that God is creator. God would have to create the aliens for them to naturally exist. So aliens, bigfoot, reptilians, locness, all these different things would have to be created by God and yes he has the ability to do so but if they are created else wise its from the hand of Satan. Satan likes to duplicate God. He will drag people down anyway he can. So all the alternate worldviews and alternate religions stem from his deception. He's in the background laughing like " yeah I said there was a bigfoot and they believed it and now they're spending their time looking for it".

Personally I don't believe in these things and yes I think it's Satan's way of distracting us from the lord. Satan is a liar and will do whatever he can to keep us from God.

That's why I love the hymn "turn your eyes upon Jesus". It does not matter if they exist because I want God to have my time not Satan. "Turn your eyes upon Jesus, look full in his wonderful face, and the things of earth will grow strangely dim, in the light of his glory and grace".

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
Hear me out. I once was told, that aliens where Satan's distractions. Like bigfoot. A man wasted 40yrs looking for bigfoot.....40yrs. Look at how long people have been chasing aliens. All this time and effort. Imagine if they had put that time and effort into the lord. It distracts people. It draws people away from God, that's what Satan wants. I'm not saying these things are real or not but that Satan knows it will keep people away from God.
Well, maybe... but that applies to all sorts of things that are not of demonic origin. Sports, jobs, relationships, etc., can all be used to distract us from God.

Talljake

Jul 17, 2022
Well, maybe... but that applies to all sorts of things that are not of demonic origin. Sports, jobs, relationships, etc., can all be used to distract us from God.
Yes but the forum is ufo lol. The unexplained stuff, but yes you are right. Even this site can be a distraction if we allow it to be

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
Yes but the forum is ufo lol. The unexplained stuff, but yes you are right. Even this site can be a distraction if we allow it to be
He's just distracting you from being otherwise distracted.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
Yes, but the base is a distraction. People are so distracted by things like aliens that it has evolved into something greater when we shouldn't be so focused on it. Instead of letting people believe in these things, we should be encouraged to spread God's word. Show them what the Bible says and that God is creator. God would have to create the aliens for them to naturally exist. So aliens, bigfoot, reptilians, locness, all these different things would have to be created by God and yes he has the ability to do so but if they are created else wise its from the hand of Satan. Satan likes to duplicate God. He will drag people down anyway he can. So all the alternate worldviews and alternate religions stem from his deception. He's in the background laughing like " yeah I said there was a bigfoot and they believed it and now they're spending their time looking for it".

Personally I don't believe in these things and yes I think it's Satan's way of distracting us from the lord. Satan is a liar and will do whatever he can to keep us from God.

That's why I love the hymn "turn your eyes upon Jesus". It does not matter if they exist because I want God to have my time not Satan. "Turn your eyes upon Jesus, look full in his wonderful face, and the things of earth will grow strangely dim, in the light of his glory and grace".
Jake,
I wasn't contradicting your previous post, I was adding some thoughts to it.

Take care.

Eli1

Apr 5, 2022
I have noticed that the UFO question bothers Christians and Atheists alike.
Something to do with their worldviews being challenged but i'm not sure.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
I have noticed that the UFO question bothers Christians and Atheists alike.
Something to do with their worldviews being challenged but i'm not sure.
well, as a Christian, it does not bother me.:giggle::giggle:

Mar 14, 2020

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Ken Ham says in that short that he does not believe aliens exist at all because
the Bible says that it was Earth that was created for life, and that it is the Earth
that is the focus of God's attention. This however cannot in itself rule out life
elsewhere, which he then goes on to acknowledge by saying that man's sin has
affected all of creation, thus, if there were intelligent aliens out there, they are
under the groaning of sin, and yet they cannot be saved. I ask, "But why not?"

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
Ken Ham says in that short that he does not believe aliens exist at all because
the Bible says that it was Earth that was created for life, and that it is the Earth
that is the focus of God's attention. This however cannot in itself rule out life
elsewhere, which he then goes on to acknowledge by saying that man's sin has
affected all of creation, thus, if there were intelligent aliens out there, they are
under the groaning of sin, and yet they cannot be saved. I ask, "But why not?"
Saved from what, and by what means? If sin, they didn't sin, so how can they be saved from sin? Jesus didn't become an alien to die for aliens.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Saved from what, and by what means? If sin, they didn't sin, so how can they be saved from sin? Jesus didn't become an alien to die for aliens.
How do you know they did not sin? Your speculations are not addressed in the Bible. Saying God did or didn't create life on other planets because Jesus died for us has nothing to do with what God may or may not have done with and/or for life elsewhere if it exists.

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
How do you know they did not sin? Your speculations are not addressed in the Bible. Saying God did or didn't create life on other planets because Jesus died for us has nothing to do with what God may or may not have done with and/or for life elsewhere if it exists.
Isn't this the point? It would be inconsistent with the bible if there were aliens and they did sin. As a result of Adam's sin, all of creation groans in travail. So if aliens did sin, it would be like a side-note, having no similar effect on all of creation. Similar to the angels who sinned and were punished (e.g. Genesis 6 and Jude), but not affecting all of creation like Adam's sin did.