UFOs are real!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Isn't this the point? It would be inconsistent with the bible if there were aliens and they did sin. As a result of Adam's sin, all of creation groans in travail. So if aliens did sin, it would be like a side-note, having no similar effect on all of creation. Similar to the angels who sinned and were punished (e.g. Genesis 6 and Jude), but not affecting all of creation like Adam's sin did.
If there are aliens and they are born into sin the same way we are, why would that have to be in the Bible?
The Bible concerns itself with life on Earth, and how we (humans) are to be saved. Saying aliens do not exist
because Jesus only died for us is short sighted. In fact it is a logical fallacy.

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
If there are aliens and they are born into sin the same way we are, why would that have to be in the Bible?
The Bible concerns itself with life on Earth, and how we are to be saved. Saying aliens do not exist because
Jesus only died for us is short sighted. In fact it is a logical fallacy.
Maybe you need to define aliens? If you mean by aliens, other intelligent life, then it is clear that God did create that - various types of angels and intelligent beings, which are not man, are described in the bible. And yes, some of these did sin, but this didn't put all of creation under the curse of sin, as Adam's sin did.

If by aliens you mean intelligent life not created by God, it's impossible as evolution is a myth.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Maybe you need to define aliens? If you mean by aliens, other intelligent life, then it is clear that God did create that - various types of angels and intelligent beings, which are not man, are described in the bible. And yes, some of these did sin, but this didn't put all of creation under the curse of sin, as Adam's sin did.

If by aliens you mean intelligent life not created by God, it's impossible as evolution is a myth.
Intelligent life not created by God? Wow. Where did that come from???

Regardless of where it is, God created and gave life to all, including those who are sentient.

Not sure why you would even bring such an element into such a discussion.

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
Intelligent life not created by God? Wow. Where did that come from???

Regardless of where it is, God created and gave life to all that are sentient.
This is usually what is implied when the term "aliens" is used rather than "angels" or "demons", or something more specific.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
This is usually what is implied when the term "aliens" is used rather than "angels" or "demons", or something more specific.
I cannot accept that is true just because you say so. Alien usually simply means life on other planets.

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
I cannot accept that is true just because you say so.
You asked me where it came from, and I told you. You don't need to accept it, just as I don't need to accept that you don't accept it.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
You asked me where it came from, and I told you. You don't need to accept it, just as I don't need to accept that you don't accept it.
Why would any Christian anywhere believe there was life created that was not created by God?

Your introduction of this idea into the convo is suspect. Especially since you tie it to evolutionists.

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
Why would any Christian anywhere believe there was life created that was not created by God?

Your introduction of this idea into the convo is suspect. Especially since you tie it to evolutionists.
I could say the same of you and your use of the term "aliens" rather than "angels", "demons" or something biblical. The only aliens referred to in the bible are men from other lands. But I suspect you are trying for some reason to derail this thread, and don't intend to argue motives with you on it.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I could say the same of you and your use of the term "aliens" rather than "angels", "demons" or something biblical. The only aliens referred to in the bible are men from other lands. But I suspect you are trying for some reason to derail this thread, and don't intend to argue motives with you on it.
The topic is aliens which refers to intelligent life on other planets, so my speaking to
that topic is not derailing the thread despite your very false accusation to the contrary.

ChrisTillinen

Sep 16, 2022
If one wants to speculate about intelligent life on other planets but to avoid the potential theological difficulties with the fall to (and redemption from) sin of non-descendants of Adam, here's one intriguing (although probably false) possibility.

Genesis 5:24 "Enoch walked faithfully with God; then he was no more, because God took him away. "

What if God took him (and possibly other people) away for the purpose of colonizing some other planet somewhere? So in this admittedly far-fetched scenario, there might be descendants of Adam elsewhere in the universe. I don't think this is likely to be true. I'm just raising it as a very remote possibility.

I also want to emphasize that I give basically zero credence to the idea that reports of human encounters with aliens would be ones with normal physical beings created elsewhere who just happened to travel to Earth. If such incidents are anything other than figments of human imagination and psychology and/or government psy-ops, I think they are more likely to be demonic than anything else. But the question of existence of intelligent life elsewhere in the universe is in principle separate from that.

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
In Scripture the chariots of God and ezekiel's wheel ........ And even today extreme brightness is associated with UFOs
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ezekiel 1&version=KJV

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ezekiel10&version=KJV

And it looks like UFOs are in very very old paintings of Mary and the Christ. They actually have Angels inside of a couple of them.
https://sports.yahoo.com/ufos-discovered-historical-paintings-114905870.html
The wheels are symbols of God's omnipresence and being able to see everything. The objects in that painting are subjectively interpreted as spaceships, but could be anything.

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
Jake,
I wasn't contradicting your previous post, I was adding some thoughts to it.

Take care.

Don't piss him off. He's bigger than most humans. Of course, being 400' tall, I could care less.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
The Spirit of the living creatures was in the wheels (Ezekiel 1:20-21).

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
He's bigger than most humans. Of course, being 400' tall, I could care less.
I figured Jake was an alien... when I said aliens were a worse problem than just being a "distraction", he didn't seem to take it well.
I mean, I'm used to having people upset with me... but he's the first actual alien.

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
I figured Jake was an alien... when I said aliens were a worse problem than just being a "distraction", he didn't seem to take it well.
I mean, I'm used to having people upset with me... but he's the first actual alien.

Reminds me of my days in Destroy All Monsters. My crew and I battled aliens -- and won. So to Jake I say, BRING IT!!

Romans34

... let God be true ...
Oct 28, 2023
. . . on other planets . . .

. . . some other planet somewhere? So . . . elsewhere in the universe.
I'm not picking on ChrisTillinen; I picked this post because it had both phrases quoted above.

What planets? What universe? If one understood that there is no such thing as "outer space", then one would know there is no such thing as 'space' aliens.