Unable to install Christian Chat App, Mac user

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

GrimmBro3

Jul 10, 2020
Hi! I have an iMac running macOS Catalina, 10.15.5. When I try to install the newest version (also happens with the previous version of the .dmg file) of Christian Chat App, I get the following.

Screen Shot 2020-07-10 at 7.20.19 PM.png
I follow the link, but it takes me to a page on Adobe's site that says the page I'm looking for no longer exists.

Suggestions?

Mar 4, 2020
Hi! I have an iMac running macOS Catalina, 10.15.5. When I try to install the newest version (also happens with the previous version of the .dmg file) of Christian Chat App, I get the following.

I follow the link, but it takes me to a page on Adobe's site that says the page I'm looking for no longer exists.

Suggestions?
Hello! Have you tried googling or binging "Adobe AIR download" from your Mac? You might be able to get the download that way if the provided link in the installation is broken. Thanks. :)

Mar 4, 2013
Sadly even if you do manage to download Adobe AIR the back door route, the app will still not be able to be installed.
I tried to do this months ago and have still not gotten a solution.
It will say; The application could not be installed because the installer file is damaged. Try obtaining a new installer file from the application author.

Oct 8, 2020
Tampa
Hi sister Gorgie,
I am a Mac user as well and ran into the same problem you did. I found a workaround solution!

1. Open the mac installation file, "ChristianChat-3.7.3b-Setup.dmg"
2. Right click on the folder named "Install Christian Chat.app" and select "Show Package Contents"
3. Drag the folder "Contents" into your Desktop or your preferred directory
4. Open the folder "Contents" and follow the pathway: Resources\Christian Chat\Contents\MacOS\Christian Chat
5. Click the file "Christian chat"
6. At the top left of your Mac, click "File"
7. Click "Make Alias"
8. Drag this shortcut to your Desktop
9. Open this "Christian Chat alias" shortcut and enjoy!

Jul 30, 2012
Hi, I'm a Windows user and the link to log into the chat does not work (a new link is needed as the file is damaged). Does anyone have a new one or could help me get back on? Thanks :)

Tararose

Sep 30, 2020
Uk
www.101christiansocialnetwork.com
Sadly even if you do manage to download Adobe AIR the back door route, the app will still not be able to be installed.
I tried to do this months ago and have still not gotten a solution.
It will say; The application could not be installed because the installer file is damaged. Try obtaining a new installer file from the application author.
Same problem on windows

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
Hi, I'm a Windows user and the link to log into the chat does not work (a new link is needed as the file is damaged). Does anyone have a new one or could help me get back on? Thanks :)
This is a Mac thread, so perhaps finding one of the many Windows threads may be more useful.

FerOZ

Jun 28, 2018
I did everything it said on the ppt, still can't use it on my mac

FerOZ

Jun 28, 2018

Tararose

Sep 30, 2020
Uk
www.101christiansocialnetwork.com

brighthouse98

Apr 16, 2015
Until he changes this,I know I cannot get on because of this sorry installer.

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
Adobe I believe is no longer in use , I had a message from my windows telling me , I believe people are using Ruffle , I think thats the name , hope this helps...
...xox...

brighthouse98

Apr 16, 2015
Thanks Rosemary,I did not like adobe,it caused problems with my computer,never heard of ruffle though humm. Thanks, will look that up.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
Adobe I believe is no longer in use , I had a message from my windows telling me , I believe people are using Ruffle , I think thats the name , hope this helps...
...xox...
"Adobe" is the name of the company. Flash was the name of the product made by Adobe that has been discontinued and replaced with Adobe Air (I'm not sure if Air is Windows exclusive or not as I'm not a Mac user).

Looking up Ruffle, since I'd never heard of it, it says it is a Flash emulator. But since Flash and support for Flash has been discontinued few sites (except out dated sites that no longer update) will have Flash in use, thus making Ruffle useless.