Unanswered Prayer

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

just-us-2

Banned
Mar 3, 2013
858
30
0
I’ve sort of been stuck at this self-examination point. Even after forty years of being a Christian, complete objectivity still plays hide and seek with my mind sometimes. So, now that I’ve managed to lasso ‘objectivity’ for a while, I need to look at those things that prevent the desired results of my prayers. First there was the sin/evil thoughts/iniquity in man’s heart that Psalm 66:18 tells us God won’t just overlook and excuse us for. But that’s not a problem for me – I don’t harbor iniquity of any kind in my heart or mind.

Uh-oh, here comes objectivity giving me ‘that look’ and I know what that look means!

Well, yes, I do occasionally…ok, ‘sometimes’…
oh, all right – ‘often’…I often grumble about things people do that seem brainless and/or inconsiderate.
But how bad is it if I grumble and gripe around here because our nice quiet neighborhood has been gradually invaded by people who want a dog, for some unknown reason, and insist upon letting them bark at nothing or to beg for attention from their owners, totally destroying my peace and quiet! Why have a dog if they are not going to give it the attention a pet needs?
Harumph!
I can’t tell which attribute is greater in these people – stupidity or inconsideration. Or those guys who wear their caps backward while they squint as the sun glares in their eyes while they’re driving down the road – why? That is so stupid! The brim on a cap is to help shield the eyes from the sun!
Oh dear! ‘Objectivity’ just threw a mirror up in front of my face! It sure didn’t take long to allow an ungodly, iniquitous attitude to slide right up to the front and center, did it?
This is so embarrassing – I’ve aired my dirty laundry for all to see, not just my family who loves me in spite of my shortcomings…and in these cases happen to agree with me (a little bit of self defense there).

So much for the plan of tackling all six of the causes for refused prayer answers. I guess I will recuperate this evening and undertake more of them tomorrow.
 
I't is okay the enemy will try to use who ever he can to get you down it happens to the best of us turn the other cheek to Jesus keep smiling:)
 
It is so HARD to see ourselves as one of the billions of people that God is a part of in the world. If the man with his hat on backwards knows God and takes his sins to God to be forgiven, then God is a part of him just as much as He is a part of you. If he doesn't know God, then God just doesn't know him either and he is besides the point, except as a possibility of being one of God's children.

I like to sit in church and look at each of my sisters and brothers in Christ, and see them as loved in the very same way I am.

Each and every one is left free by God to choose their own way. If we decide to choose for them, we are doing more than God would do. He leads, guides, and shows the way, but if they wanted to be a publican, for instance, God didn't tell them not to. The only ones Christ told how to behave were the ones who told wrong things about our Father, like the money changers in the temple and the Pharisees who said they were fasting under God when they weren't.

Christ would have left the people with the hats on backwards and the people who want dogs be, and loved them anyway.
 
Some things are not that big of a deal.I could be wrong but often times when we let little things get to us there could be a bigger issue.I think that is what I was feeling when I posted the first time.I hope you find peace with this.
 
I get through each day okay - granted, it is annoying to walk quietly out on the deck and have a dog three houses away stand in the corner of his yard and bark at me because I walked out my door - but the purpose of the dog and hat illustration was to expose how quickly we can descend backward into critical thoughts before catching the fact we are wrong. Neither is a crippling problem in my Christian walk, and I do realize God loves those people as much as He does anyone else. My focus was meant to be objective, honest, self-examination because it isn't pleasant, so people don't like to do it. That makes it so easy to say, "God said, "no" and never look at themselves for iniquity.