Unbelievable! WW2 Statue Defaced by Me Too

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
K

kaylagrl

Saw a report on the news about the man in the iconic photo where he kissed the lady on the day the war was declared over. I knew it would happen in that moment,and it happened,the famous statue was defaced by Me Too supporters. Saw it on the news tonight. Some spokesperson for the left said it was an assault. The man and women in the picture have both passed away but they kept in touch down threw the years sending Christmas cards. How far are we going to let this country sink? I can't imagine they can go any further. smh

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...sing-sailor-photo-spray-painted-metoo-n973151

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
That man just passed away yesterday. All those years ago, he was on a date with his future wife when he grabbed a nurse he did not know at all and kissed her to celebrate the end of the war while his date (future wife) stood by watching. Emotions still running high... but all that aside, the issue brought to the forefront is whether or not it is okay to grab a total stranger in public and kiss them, and if it is not, why is it celebrated? Protesting does not change history. Similar occurrences are happening here where (last summer) our provincial capital's city hall, in a gesture of reconciliation, and as a symbol of progress towards and end to Aboriginal discrimination and oppression, tore down a statue of our country's first prime minister.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
That man just passed away yesterday. All those years ago, he was on a date with his future wife when he grabbed a nurse he did not know at all and kissed her to celebrate the end of the war while his date (future wife) stood by watching. Emotions still running high... but all that aside, the issue brought to the forefront is whether or not it is okay to grab a total stranger in public and kiss them, and if it is not, why is it celebrated? Protesting does not change history. Similar occurrences are happening here where (last summer) our provincial capital's city hall, in a gesture of reconciliation, and as a symbol of progress towards and end to Aboriginal discrimination and oppression, tore down a statue of our country's first prime minister.
Opinion doesn't grant the right to commit a criminal act to deface a public statue, either. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Locutus

Feb 10, 2017
Well, don't do it again.

Feb 6, 2019
A celebratory kiss I would give as a reaction to a war or battle won, my love would know the difference