unclean animals? Are we Required to keep food laws under the new covenant?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 29, 2022
As to the "little boy" would you please directly cite that reference for me?
I' apologize for the mis- info. It wasn't "little boy"
"...the same angel messenger stands by my side instructing me in the
VISIONS of the night as in the visions of the day." (The heavenly
being referred to was at other times spoken of as "the angel", "my
GUIDE" "my instructor", "the young man" .) Messenger to the
Remnant, E. G. White Estate, 1959, p.7.

THE SEAL OF GOD, FOUND IN HIS LAW,
Ellen White says it is the Seal of God. It's not actually called the seal of God in Law, but a" sign between" The word sign has to do with a token ,mark ,or evidence. The fact that God said "Remember the Sabbath" is so they would remember He brought them out of Egypt and that He was the Lord who would sanctify them. Ellen White says it is the Seal of God.
Deuteronomy 5:15
And remember that thou wast a servant in the land of Egypt, and that the Lord thy God brought thee out thence through a mighty hand and by a stretched out arm: therefore the Lord thy God commanded thee to keep the sabbath day.
Exodus 31: 12 And the Lord said to Moses, 13 “You are to speak to the people of Israel and say, ‘Above all you shall keep my Sabbaths, for this is a sign between me and you throughout your generations, that you may know that I, the Lord, sanctify you. 14 You shall keep the Sabbath, because it is holy for you.
Notice He said "speak to the children of Israel" and "Your generations" and then notice what He said the sign was for; that you may know that"I the Lord ,sanctify you.
The sign in the Old covenant was fulfilled with the Gospel of Jesus! Him being the The Lord of that rest and we strive to enter into that rest.

Hebrews 13:12
So Jesus also suffered outside the gate in order to sanctify the people through his own blood.
1 Corinthians 1:30
But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:
  1. 2 Thessalonians 2:13
    But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

2. 1 Peter 1:2
    Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.
We are probably not gonna agree on this ,but
As far as the Mark of the Beast, I believe it will be spiritual and literal, hence "buy and sell(literal) save he has the(literal) mark" in the Strongs - 5480- a scratch or etching, stamp, graven , mark.
It seems to be literal and spiritual in this case because it is has to do with the(spiritual) worship of the beast and a literal mark in order to buy or sell.Their's just too much out there about digital marking, tatooing, micro-needle patches, and rice size tracking devices that will identify you in this new world. I'm not sure exactly the details of how it will be, but the whole world will be deceived by it and if possible even the elect.
Matthew 24:24
For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
Revelation 19:20
And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

Again, there are multiple atonements in scripture. See the difference between Lev. 4 and Lev. 16 atonements. There were daily and a yearly atonements.
Yes, The First Tabernacle was called the sanctuary where they offered daily sacrifices, which Jesus did not enter ;

.For He didn't need to sacrifice for himself.
According to Hebrew 7v.27 .. 26 For such an high priest(Jesus) became us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and made higher than the heavens;

27 Who needeth not daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifice, first for his own sins, and then for the people's: for this he did once, when he offered up himself.

Hebrews 8
3 And after the second veil, the tabernacle which is called the Holiest of all;
7 But into the second went the high priest alone once every year, not without blood, which he offered for himself, and for the errors of the people:

8 The Holy Ghost this signifying, that the way into the holiest of all was not yet made manifest, while as the first tabernacle was yet standing:

9 Which was a figure for the time then present, in which were offered both gifts and sacrifices, that could not make him that did the service perfect, as pertaining to the conscience;

10 Which stood only in meats and drinks, and divers washings, and carnal ordinances, imposed on them until the time of reformation.

11 But Christ being come an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building;

12 Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.
Hebrews 10;12-15
12 But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;

13 From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool.

14 For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

15 Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before,

(Ellen White Estate-Christ in His sanctuary)
The blood of Christ, while it was to release the repentant sinner from the condemnation of the law, was not to cancel the sin; it would stand on record in the sanctuary until the final atonement; so in the type the blood of the sin offering removed the sin from the penitent, but it rests in the sanctuary until the Day of Atonement.
In the great day of final award, the dead are to be “judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.” Revelation 20:12. Then by virtue of the atoning blood of Christ, the sins of all the truly penitent will be blotted from the books of heaven. Thus the sanctuary will be freed, or cleansed, from the record of sin. In the type, this great work of atonement, or blotting out of sins, was represented by the services of the Day of Atonement—the cleansing of the earthly sanctuary, which was accomplished by the removal, by virtue of the blood of the sin offering, of the sins by which it had been polluted.
As in the final atonement the sins of the truly penitent are to be blotted from the records of heaven, no more to be remembered or come into mind, so in the type they were borne away into the wilderness, forever separated from the congregation.
Since Satan is the originator of sin, the direct instigator of all the sins that caused the death of the Son of God, justice demands that Satan shall suffer the final punishment. Christ's work for the redemption of men and the purification of the universe from sin will be closed by the removal of sin from the heavenly sanctuary and the placing of these sins upon Satan, who will bear the final penalty. So in the typical service, the yearly round of ministration closed with the purification of the sanctuary, and the confessing of the sins on the head of the scapegoat.
Thus in the ministration of the tabernacle, and of the temple that afterward took its place, the people were taught each day the great truths relative to Christ's death and ministration, and once each year their minds were carried forward to the closing events of the great controversy between Christ and Satan, the final purification of the universe from sin and sinners.—Patriarchs and Prophets, 343-358.

Based on this doctrine, For Ellen White and her followers there is a reminder of sin and a waiting to see if your truly repentant.
Why does Jesus need to investigate when He knows all things from beginning to end? Alpha and Omega! King of kings! Lord God Almighty, Almighty Father ,Prince of Peace, able to save to the uttermost them that come unto God by Christ, seeing He ever liveth to make intercession for them.
Please let me know something if someone who is so dedicated to keeping the Levitical laws , why do all the men in these churches shave their beards? It doesn't seem very consistent.
Sometimes I think in our zeal for the law we become dogmatic and hypocritical I'm not saying your that way, but i've seen it others and myself when we think we have all the truth figured out.
May God give you Grace and peace in believing!

Oct 28, 2022
I' apologize for the mis- info. It wasn't "little boy"
"...the same angel messenger stands by my side instructing me in the
VISIONS of the night as in the visions of the day." (The heavenly
being referred to was at other times spoken of as "the angel", "my
GUIDE" "my instructor", "the young man" .) Messenger to the
Remnant, E. G. White Estate, 1959, p.7.
Thank you. That agrees with the description of angels in scripture:

Mar_16:5 And entering into the sepulchre, they saw a young man sitting on the right side, clothed in a long white garment; and they were affrighted.

Oct 28, 2022
The fact that God said "Remember the Sabbath" is so they would remember He brought them out of Egypt
Actually it was because the majority had 'forgetten' while in Egypt, as the Sabbath had come down from God to Adam ("the man"), to Seth, and all the rest to Abraham, to Isaac, to Jacob, unto Joseph.

This was why God said to the peoples Israel:

Exo_16:28 And the LORD said unto Moses, How long refuse ye to keep my commandments and my laws?​

It was several hundred years.

The 7th Day – The Sabbath of the LORD thy God (JEHOVAH Elohiym) – The Lord’s day (As kept by God’s people from the beginning unto the New Heavens & Earth)

The sabbath commandment in the beginning with God (Gen. 2:1-3; Exo. 20:8-11; Psa. 119:142)

with Adam (Gen. 2:1-3; Exo. 20:8-12; Mar. 2:27; Ecc. 12:13-14)

with Enoch (Gen. 5:22,24; Heb. 11:5; Isa. 58:13)

with Noah (Gen. 6:9, 7:4,20, 8:10,12; 2 Pet. 2:5; Psa. 119:172)

with Eber (Gen. 10:21,24-25; Exo. 3:18, 5:3, 7:16)

with Abraham (Gen. 17:9, 18:19, 26:5; 2 Chr. 20:7; Isa. 41:8; Jam. 2:23; Jhn. 15:14)

with Isaac (Gen. 17:9, 18:19, 26:5)

with Jacob/Israel (Gen. 17:9, 18:19, 26:5, 32:28)

with Moses (Exo. 5:4-5, 16:1-36, 20:8-11, 31:12-18; Deut. 5:12-15)

with Jesus (Luk. 4:16-19; Col. 1:16; Mar. 2:27; 1 Cor. 15:44-46)

with the Apostles/Disciples (Act. 1:2, (4:24), 13:14,27,42,44, (14:15), 15:21, 16:13, 17:2, 18:4; Heb. 3:11,18, 4:1,3,4,5,8,9,10,11; Rev. 1:10, 10:6, 12:17, 14:6-7)

with us today (Heb. 4:9; Rev. 12:17, 14:6-7; Jhn. 14:15; Exo. 20:6,8-11)

On into eternity (Isa. 66:23).
Yet when a new Pharaoh came on the scene, he increased their labours, and loaded them down with more burdens, and this took place over a period oft ime, and so while in Egypt they had largely neglected the Sabbath of the LORD, and when Moses finally comes back from speaking with God (Ex. 3), he is a Sabbath Reformer in Exodus 5:4-5. This is a massive type in scripture, and is repeated several times, and even with Jesus who had to correct the burdens that Pharisees had placed upon the sabbath, causing people to violate the command of God, and see again at the end of time in Rev 10, 12, 13, 14, 17.

The "Remember" of Exodus 20 points to Creation (Exodus 20:8-11), not the redemption from Egypt, but that is found in Deut. 5, as both Creation, and Redemption (Re-Creation) are linked together.

Oct 28, 2022
Ellen White says it is the Seal of God.
You misunderstand her phrase. The Sabbath commandment shows who the True Creator and Redeemer (Re-Creator) is, and that it is He, the "LORD" of the Sabbath who sanctifies. As the LORD sanctified the day in Genesis, He does sanctify the people, and the sabbath is merely then a sign, or seal, or mark of distinction that the LORD is the Person who is sanctifying (cleansing from sin, 1 John 3:4).

Oct 28, 2022
Exodus 31: 12 And the Lord said to Moses, 13 “You are to speak to the people of Israel and say, ‘Above all you shall keep my Sabbaths, for this is a sign between me and you throughout your generations, that you may know that I, the Lord, sanctify you. 14 You shall keep the Sabbath, because it is holy for you.
Who really is Israel? and who are His real children?

SUMMARY: THE REAL & TRUE ISRAEL, AND HIS CHILDREN:

Jesus and His Disciples:

Jesus is the Real and True “Israel” (Romans 9:6-8), the “Israel of God” (Galatians 6:16), for we read (KJB) in Matthew 2:13-15,19-21; Hosea 11:1 that Jesus is identified by the Father, through the Holy Spirit who inspired Matthew to cite Hosea 11:1 as being truly fulfilled by Jesus, who is named “Israel” (and no marvel for Jesus is also named, “Adam” (1 Corinthians 15:45-47), “David” (Jeremiah 30:9; Ezekiel 34:23-24, 37:24-25; Hosea 3:5), ‘Solomon’ (“Prince of Peace” (Isaiah 9:6), “son of David” (Matthew 1:1; Luke 3:31, &c.)) , “Levi” (Malachi 2:4-7), and many others, for all the scriptures testify of Jesus (John 5:39; Luke 24:27; Psalms 40:7; Hebrews 10:7; Acts 3:18)). Jesus is the Real and True “overcomer” (John 16:33; Revelation 3:21) and “Prince” (Isaiah 9:6; Daniel 8:11,25, 9:25, 10:13,21, 11:22, 12:1; Acts 3:15, 5:31; Revelation 1:5) with God His Father, which is what the name “Israel” means (Genesis 32:28, 35:10). Jesus is the very “elect” (Isaiah 42:1; Matthew 12:18; 1 Peter 2:6) of the Father, in whom all the promises of God the Father find their realization and true fulfillment (2 Corinthians 1:20; Psalms 2:8, 116:14,18). Jesus is the “Lord” over His own house, whose house are Christians/Disciples (Psalms 98:3; Hebrews 3:6; Jeremiah 31:33).

Since Jesus is the Real and True Israel, who then are His children?

The disciples of Jesus are His Real and True children, given Him by the Father (John 13:33; Hebrews 2:13, citing Isaiah 8:16,18 in context of Isaiah 8:8-20, “Immanuel”, “God with us”, “sanctuary”, “stone”, “rock”, “LORD of Hosts”). Just as the Jacob/Israel after the flesh had the 12 patriarchs (Genesis 35:22), so too Jesus has the 12 Apostles (Matthew 10:2; Luke 6:13, 22:14; Revelation 21:14), and all whom they taught, the number of whom is as the “sand of the sea” (Isaiah 10:22). Though there was a “natural” “Israel”, “after the flesh”, Jesus is the Real and True “spiritual” (1 Corinthians 15:45-47) “Israel”, “of God”, “after the Spirit” (Romans 8:4). For the Law of God (Ten Commandments, including the Sabbath of the LORD, Exodus 20:1-17) is “spiritual” (Romans 7:14), and can only be kept by the power of the indwelling Holy Spirit (Jeremiah 31:31-34; Hebrews 8:8-13, 10:16; Ezekiel 11:19-20, 36:22-38, 37:26-28; 2 Corinthians 3:3,6). There, “remaineth therefore a rest (sabbatismos, Sabbath keeping in spirit and in truth; John 4:23-24; Isaiah 66:22-23; Revelation 14:6-12) to the people of God” (Hebrews 4:9; Hebrews 4:1-12; Matthew 11:28; Exodus 33:14), and because they love Him who first loved them, they keep His commandments (John 14:15; Exodus 20:6; Revelation 12:17, 14:7,12; Exodus 20:11), which are not grievous (1 John 5:3), especially the Sabbath which was “made for” (Mark 2:27) Him/them (Colossians 1:16; 1 Timothy 2:5; 1 Corinthians 15:45-47), never being ‘against’ Him/them; being “light” (Proverbs 6:23; Isaiah 8:20, 51:4), never a shadow; fulfilled in grace/mercy (Exodus20:2,6), thus to be kept holy by all in Christ Jesus in the everlasting covenant (Isaiah 56:1,8; John 10:16; Isaiah 56:2-7).

“Israel”, “after the flesh” (1 Corinthians 10:18), as a ‘nation’ (individuals can still be saved if they call upon the name of the Lord Jesus Christ), is left “desolate” (Matthew 23:38; Luke 13:35), failed to keep the sabbath of the LORD (Exodus 16:28, 20:12-13, 20-24; Numbers 15:32-41; Psalms 95:11; Hebrews 3:11, 4:3,5), being not mixed with faith (Hebrews 4:2; Romans 14:23), and are to bear no more “fruit” ever again (Matthew 21:19), being cursed, and withered away (Mark 11:21), dried up from the root (Mark 11:20), being “twice dead” (Jude 1:12), for the axe was already laid at their root (Matthew 3:10; Luke 3:9), and so was cut down, and thrown into the fire (Isaiah 9:14; John 15:6; Matthew 22:7; Luke 21:20), and will be so again in the lake of fire to come (Revelation 20:15, 21:8; 1 John 2:4).

https://archive.org/details/the-real-israel-jesus_202301

See also Study 10 - https://archive.org/details/study-1...ay-why-is-there-so-much-confusion-and-disagre

See also for Whom the Sabbath was really made - https://archive.org/details/who-was-the-sabbath-really-made-for-jesus_202301

Oct 28, 2022
As far as the Mark of the Beast, I believe it will be spiritual and literal, hence "buy and sell(literal) save he has the(literal) mark" in the Strongs - 5480- a scratch or etching, stamp, graven , mark.
This is addressed here:

The economic is seen in Rev. 18, as tied to Rev. 17 and 13.

Oct 28, 2022
Hebrews 10;12-15
12 But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;
Yes, that is the completion of the Courtyard "daily" ("sacrirfice") service. Not the Holy (Daily) or Most Holy (Once in the Year) place services, both of which deal with what the Priest and/or High Priest does with the sacrifice.

Jesus is seen standing, in Acts 7.

Jesus is seen sitting in Hebrews 10.

Jesus is seen walking in Revelation 1.

Each means something specific in relation to His offices.

Jesus is not stuck seated on the throne, but it means ruling from the Throne of Grace. Standing means judgment. Walking means ministering.

Oct 28, 2022
The blood of Christ, while it was to release the repentant sinner from the condemnation of the law, was not to cancel the sin; it would stand on record in the sanctuary until the final atonement
Correct.

There is a vast difference between:

[1] Forgiveness of Sin
Psalm 32:1 KJB - [[[A Psalm] of David, Maschil.]] Blessed [is he whose] transgression [is] forgiven, [whose] sin [is] covered.

Psalm 85:2 KJB - Thou hast forgiven the iniquity of thy people, thou hast covered all their sin. Selah.​

[2] Blotting out of Sin

Let's look further:

The definition of "cover", and "cover" and "blot", are definitely not synonynms - http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/cover

To "cover" is to conceal, hide away, place under something, etc [even as Scripture and Strong's Concordance reveal]; and thus remains to be dealt with. For instance, to . Is that the same as blot out, even according to your online dictionary source? Obviously not.

If Christ Jesus blotted out sins at the Cross, there was no need to "cover" anything, as there would be nothing to "cover". Since Christ Jesus did "cover" the sins by His blood, there is yet the need to blot them out.

Just a simple Biblical examination of the words "cover" and "blot out" will reveal that they are not equal, for example on the word "cover[ed]" as found in Psalms 32:1, 85:2:

Genesis 7:19 KJB - And the waters prevailed exceedingly upon the earth; and all the high hills, that [were] under the whole heaven, were covered.

Genesis 7:20 KJB - Fifteen cubits upward did the waters prevail; and the mountains were covered.

Psalm 104:6 KJB - Thou coveredst it with the deep as [with] a garment: the waters stood above the mountains.

Psalm 104:9 KJB - Thou hast set a bound that they may not pass over; that they turn not again to cover the earth.

Exodus 33:22 KJB - And it shall come to pass, while my glory passeth by, that I will put thee in a clift of the rock, and will cover thee with my hand while I pass by:

Genesis 38:15 KJB - When Judah saw her, he thought her [to be] an harlot; because she had covered her face.

Psalm 91:4 KJB - He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth [shall be thy] shield and buckler.

Deuteronomy 33:12 KJB - And of Benjamin he said, The beloved of the LORD shall dwell in safety by him; and the LORD shall cover him all the day long, and he shall dwell between his shoulders.

etc.​

Did the "covering" of waters in the days of Noah [Noe] erase the Mountains, or was Moses blotted out of existence by the hand of God, or those covered by the "Feathers" of God wiped out completely, or the Harlots face gone from behind a veil? Or rather did the "covering" simply place one thing over/on top of another thing, and both continued to exist, even protectively?

Consider that the two things, [1] "cover" and [2] "blot out" are separate and distinct things, not equal to one another, for if one sins are not "covered" by the blood, then they cannot be later "blotted out":

Nehemiah 4:5 KJB - And cover not their iniquity, and let not their sin be blotted out from before thee: for they have provoked thee to anger before the builders.

Jeremiah 18:23 KJB - Yet, LORD, thou knowest all their counsel against me to slay me: forgive not their iniquity, neither blot out their sin from thy sight, but let them be overthrown before thee; deal thus with them in the time of thine anger.​

Notice the words "and" and "neither", which are words of 'in addition, added to, conjunction, moreover, besides, also' - http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/and?s=t

Furthermore we can re-examine the term "blot[ted] out", and see that it cannot mean of itself to "cover", as already shown.

Psalm 69:28 KJB - Let them be blotted out of the book of the living, and not be written with the righteous.

Psalm 109:13 KJB - Let his posterity be cut off; [and] in the generation following let their name be blotted out.

Psalm 109:14 KJB - Let the iniquity of his fathers be remembered with the LORD; and let not the sin of his mother be blotted out.​

Oct 28, 2022
The blood of Christ, while it was to release the repentant sinner from the condemnation of the law, was not to cancel the sin; it would stand on record in the sanctuary until the final atonement; so in the type the blood of the sin offering removed the sin from the penitent, but it rests in the sanctuary until the Day of Atonement.
What then of the passages referred to in Psalms 51:1,9 and Isaiah 44:22? Look at the context, and modifiers especially of Isaiah 44:22:

Isaiah 44:22 KJB - I have blotted out, as a thick cloud, thy transgressions, and, as a cloud, thy sins: return unto me; for I have redeemed thee.​

Notice in this instance, there are word modifiers to "blot out", being "as a thick cloud" and "as a cloud", which alters the definition, from destroy completely to cover/conceal completely, as in blot out from sight, but not blot out from existence. This is how "clouds" in scripture are spoken as "covering" something, concealing it from view, but not causing it to cease from existence.

For instance:

Exodus 24:15 KJB - And Moses went up into the mount, and a cloud covered the mount.​
Exodus 24:16 KJB - And the glory of the LORD abode upon mount Sinai, and the cloud covered it six days: and the seventh day he called unto Moses out of the midst of the cloud.​
Exodus 40:34 KJB - Then a cloud covered the tent of the congregation, and the glory of the LORD filled the tabernacle.​

We can see that when a "cloud" "covers" something, even as the "waters "cover" the sea", or thick clouds the Sun, or the "blood of the Lamb" "covers" sin/s, it is not gone, but concealed behind something, as clothing covers, as Christ's righteousness:

Job 36:32 KJB - With clouds he covereth the light; and commandeth it [not to shine] by [the cloud] that cometh betwixt.​

Job 38:9 KJB - When I made the cloud the garment thereof, and thick darkness a swaddlingband for it,​

Psalm 105:39 KJB - He spread a cloud for a covering; and fire to give light in the night.​

Lamentations 3:44 KJB - Thou hast covered thyself with a cloud, that [our] prayer should not pass through.​

Ezekiel 32:7 KJB - And when I shall put thee out, I will cover the heaven, and make the stars thereof dark; I will cover the sun with a cloud, and the moon shall not give her light.​

Is the Sea gone being covered by waters? Is the Sun removed from existence being covered by the thick clouds? Is then the sins blotted out from existence from being covered as a thick cloud covers, or are they still in existence but out of present sight?

This is the same as it is written here:

Micah 7:19 KJB - He will turn again, he will have compassion upon us; he will subdue our iniquities; and thou wilt cast all their sins into the depths of the sea.​

Notice, that the sins are still in existence at the bottom of the "depths of the sea", even "covered by the waters", yet still needing to be dealt with which is exactly what Psalms 51 speaks of when it refers to the sins of David being blotted out [vs 1,9], since he knew of the Day of Atonement, in regards the Sanctuary:

Psalm 51:4 KJB - Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done [this] evil in thy sight: that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, [and] be clear when thou judgest.​

Notice the two step process: [1] Mercy/hide face = forgiveness, and [2] Blot out the sins:

Psalm 51:1 KJB - [[To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David, when Nathan the prophet came unto him, after he had gone in to Bathsheba.]] Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions.​

Psalm 51:9 KJB - [1] Hide thy face from my sins, and [2] blot out all mine iniquities.​

It is clear that God would not have to "hide [cover] his face" from David's or our sins if doing so is to actually "blot" them out. When the sins are truly "blotted out" God no longer has to "hide [cover] his face".

This is why David could say, himself knowing, that there was no other "pattern" of way, and required the High Priest, the Sanctuary, Ark, Blood, confessed and forsaken sin, and the Day of Atonement [Leviticus 16, 23] etc:

Psalms 77:33 KJB - Thy way, O God, is in the sanctuary: who is so great a God as our God?​

Exodus 28:15 KJB - And thou shalt make the breastplate of judgment with cunning work; after the work of the ephod thou shalt make it; [of] gold, [of] blue, and [of] purple, and [of] scarlet, and [of] fine twined linen, shalt thou make it.​

Exodus 28:29 KJB - And Aaron shall bear the names of the children of Israel in the breastplate of judgment upon his heart, when he goeth in unto the holy [place], for a memorial before the LORD continually.​

Exodus 28:30 KJB - And thou shalt put in the breastplate of judgment the Urim and the Thummim; and they shall be upon Aaron's heart, when he goeth in before the LORD: and Aaron shall bear the judgment of the children of Israel upon his heart before the LORD continually.​

For if in the Day of Atonement the confessed sin was not actually forsaken, or other sins picked up in its place and not confessed and also forsaken, that person could be "cut off" forever, no matter how many times they had come throughout the year with Sacrifice:

Leviticus 23:29 KJB - For whatsoever soul [it be] that shall not be afflicted in that same day, he shall be cut off from among his people.​
This is made clear through the very "pattern" [Exodus 25:9,40; Numbers 8:4; 1 Chronicles 28:12,19; Hebrews 8:5, etc], in which in Leviticus 4, "an atonement" [Leviticus 4:20,26,31,35] could be made on any day throughout the Year, by a person bringing the required sacrifice, etc, and so that persons sins could be confessed over the sacrifice, transferred to the flesh and blood, and then the blood would be taken into the Sanctuary, where it was 'stored'.

While the person was "free", "justified", "forgiven", "covered", that person then had to go forth from the gate of the Sanctuary with the realization of the cost of sin to the Son of God and walk no more in sin [transgression of the Law, the Ten Commandments], and the Priest, and later High Priest had further work to do. This is the difference between atonements made in Leviticus 4 throughout the year, and the very specific and necessary Atonement in Leviticus 16, 23, in the Once a Year, the Day of Atonement.

Now, what has the "forgiven" sinner need of the Day of Atonement and that which is therein, if any such sinner had already throughout the year, already brought their sacrifice and was "covered" by the "blood" and "forgiven"? Much everything.

Differing Atonements. The first is for forgiveness, the latter for blotting out of the record of sin therein stored in the Sanctuary and its "cleansing" [Leviticus 16:19, etc]. It has been shown you many times about the Books of Heaven, and the sins therein recorded, yet it is connected with God's own people here, since the sinning must be eliminated totally from their lives, iow the actual committing of sin must be put to death through Christ Jesus.

This is even seen in several other places, in various ways:

1 John 1:9 KJB - If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us [our] sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.​

[1] Forgiveness​

[2] Cleansing​

Two distinct things.

Thus turning again to Acts 3:19-21, is already shown to be in the context of moments after the Cross, even after Pentecost and leading up to the Second Coming of Jesus Christ:

Acts 3:19 KJB - Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;​
Acts 3:20 KJB - And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:​

Acts 3:21 KJB - Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.​

Oct 28, 2022
Based on this doctrine, For Ellen White and her followers there is a reminder of sin and a waiting to see if your truly repentant.
No. That is a misunderstanding.

As a Seventh-day Adventist, we can have the full "assurance" of salvation, and the "earnest" of the Holy Ghost. It does not mean that we 'stand in doubt' about our salvation/redemption the whole time. In fact, it is the opposite, knowing who our Advocate is during the time of Judgment - Jesus.

Heb_6:11 And we desire that every one of you do shew the same diligence to the full assurance of hope unto the end:

The Investigative judgment separates the Wheat from the Tares, the Sheep from the Goats, etc (See Rev. 14). It deals with real faith which works by love, and merely "Lord, Lord" faith.

Oct 28, 2022
Why does Jesus need to investigate when He knows all things from beginning to end?
Because, while Jesus is Omniscient, the Angels (which are involved, Daniel 7:9-10, etc) are not, and mankind is not. If God were to simply say, whom he knew to be righteous, and who to be unrighteous, and just makes the distinction known, there would be questions by both angels and men, and especially satan, and those who followed him, who levelled charges against God.

So angels are involved in the judgment (as cited) now, and when we (Christians) get to Heaven, we shall also look at the record books, and enter into judgment (Daniel 7:22c; Revelation 20:4; Psalms 149; 1 Corinthians 6:2-3).

Oct 28, 2022
Please let me know something if someone who is so dedicated to keeping the Levitical laws , why do all the men in these churches shave their beards? It doesn't seem very consistent.
You have a misunderstanding (again). The laws all apply, but in unique ways.

As for instance, the law about wollen and linen. Natural to Spiritual.
[1] Wollen is for cold.​
[2] Linen is for warm/hot.​

To mix the two brings about lukewarmness spiritually, and it also affects the body physically. The body temperature of a body should be relatively equally 'warm', not being caused to sweat in one place, and shivering in another. These also have application in the 'summer' and the 'winter' of life, or even prophetic events.

However, read the text carefully. It doesn't say that a bear cannot be shaven.

Lev_21:5 They shall not make baldness upon their head, neither shall they shave off the corner of their beard, nor make any cuttings in their flesh.​

It says that the "corner of their beard" shall not be shaved, and this in relation to idol or pagan worship, not every day hygiene. As for instance the "shall not make baldness upon their head", is not about cutting off the hair in a 'buzz cut' or 'cue-ball', but about what happens in sun worship, where they make a 'tonsure', as Catholic monks do. The matter is for the levitical "priests" who are to make known their service to God, in opposition to the service of Baal, or false gods. So it is not about shaving a beard, but in doing something specific to the beard (if one has one), for priests, in service to God.

Lev 21:1 And the LORD said unto Moses, Speak unto the priests the sons of Aaron, and say unto them, There shall none be defiled for the dead among his people:​
Spiritually, rather than naturally (1 Cor. 15:46). there are other applications/meanings to "hair" (see Rev. 9:8) and "glory" (1 Cor. 11:15). Thus to cut away this spiritual glory is to misrepresent God's character.

Oct 28, 2022
Sometimes I think in our zeal for the law we become dogmatic and hypocritical I'm not saying your that way, but i've seen it others and myself when we think we have all the truth figured out.
Yes, it can happen. I have seen it happen. Yet, I can see the opposite for those who only preach grace, and they can become licentious, and yet I would never say that for everyone. Both are violations. So thank you for your kindly comment towards myself.

RaceRunner

Oct 13, 2022
And the swine, which, though it divideth the hoof, cheweth not the cud.

Dec 29, 2022
Pork is also a good source of vitamins and minerals like phosphorus, selenium, and thiamine.

Pork is actually richer in thiamine, a B vitamin required for a range of bodily functions, than other red meats like beef and lamb.

Vitamins B6 and B12, also found abundantly in pork, are essential for blood cell formation and brain function. Pork is also an excellent source of iron — the heme-iron found in red meats is absorbed very easily by the human digestive system.

The selenium in pork is essential for proper thyroid function. A six-ounce pork chop has more than 100% of the recommended daily allowance of selenium.

Potential Health Benefits of Pork
Pork is a rich source of certain vitamins and minerals your body needs to function, like iron and zinc. It’s also an excellent source of high-quality protein. Minimally processed, lean, fully-cooked pork eaten in moderation can provide certain benefits when added to your diet.

Research has found a number of potential health benefits associated with eating pork:

Muscle Maintenance

The high-quality proteins in pork are complete amino acids and therefore perfect building blocks for creating new muscle. As we age, we lose muscle mass, which can lead to conditions like sarcopenia — extreme muscle degeneration.

Eating high quality protein like that found in pork — as part of a healthy lifestyle that includes exercise — can help slow or reverse sarcopenia. It can also help maintain the healthy muscle tissue you already have.

RaceRunner

Oct 13, 2022
Pork is also a good source of vitamins and minerals like phosphorus, selenium, and thiamine.

Pork is actually richer in thiamine, a B vitamin required for a range of bodily functions, than other red meats like beef and lamb.

Vitamins B6 and B12, also found abundantly in pork, are essential for blood cell formation and brain function. Pork is also an excellent source of iron — the heme-iron found in red meats is absorbed very easily by the human digestive system.

The selenium in pork is essential for proper thyroid function. A six-ounce pork chop has more than 100% of the recommended daily allowance of selenium.

Potential Health Benefits of Pork
Pork is a rich source of certain vitamins and minerals your body needs to function, like iron and zinc. It’s also an excellent source of high-quality protein. Minimally processed, lean, fully-cooked pork eaten in moderation can provide certain benefits when added to your diet.

Research has found a number of potential health benefits associated with eating pork:

Muscle Maintenance

The high-quality proteins in pork are complete amino acids and therefore perfect building blocks for creating new muscle. As we age, we lose muscle mass, which can lead to conditions like sarcopenia — extreme muscle degeneration.

Eating high quality protein like that found in pork — as part of a healthy lifestyle that includes exercise — can help slow or reverse sarcopenia. It can also help maintain the healthy muscle tissue you already have.

Dec 29, 2022
To RaceRunner

Yeah, it's probably good not to eat too much pork, or any red meat. But any time you eat or drink in excess is probably not good for you. Most of Americans eat meat with every meal and with little exercise which causes health problems later in life,especially when you sit in front of a computer all day, like I am right now. :LOL: My experience is if I eat to many vegetables with starch causes me to gain weight and in turn produces slow blood flow.
We need to be aware of what our individual bodies need, as far as a balanced diet. I'll eat most anything, but I see how we need to be moderate in our consumption of food and drink.

12 All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any.

13 Meats for the belly, and the belly for meats: but God shall destroy both it and them. Now the body is not for fornication, but for the Lord; and the Lord for the body.

I don't espouse to the Levitical health Laws as you may, so pork is not an issue for me religiously.

Blade

Nov 19, 2019
I'm finding that some Christians that were keeping these laws as a thing of their conscience, but now more than ever there is a teaching out there that we are to adhere to food laws, feasts and other laws.

I believe 2 Timothy 3:15-17 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

As we can see God uses the unclean laws to show the fulfillment of them in Acts 10:10 -
10 And Peter became very hungry, and would have eaten: but while they made ready, he fell into a trance,

11 And saw heaven opened, and a certain vessel descending upon him, as it had been a great sheet knit at the four corners, and let down to the earth:

12 Wherein were all manner of four-footed beasts of the earth, and wild beasts, and creeping things, and fowls of the air.

13 And there came a voice to him, Rise, Peter; kill, and eat.

14 But Peter said, not so, Lord; for I have never eaten anything that is common or unclean.

15 And the voice spake unto him again the second time, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common.

16 This was done thrice: and the vessel was received up again into heaven.

17 Now while Peter doubted in himself what this vision which he had seen should mean, behold, the men which were sent from Cornelius (Gentile) had made enquiry for Simon's house, and stood before the gate,

18 And called, and asked whether Simon, which was surnamed Peter, were lodged there.

19 While Peter thought on the vision, the Spirit said unto him, Behold, three men seek thee.

20 Arise therefore, and get thee down, and go with them, doubting nothing: for I have sent them.

21 Then Peter went down to the men which were sent unto him from Cornelius; and said, Behold, I am he, whom ye seek: what is the cause wherefore ye are come?

22 And they said, Cornelius the centurion, a just man, and one that feared God, and of good report among all the nation of the Jews, was warned from God by a holy angel to send for thee into his house, and to hear words of thee.

23 Then called he them in and lodged them. And on the morrow Peter went away with them, and certain brethren from Joppa accompanied him.

24 And the morrow after they entered into Caesarea. And Cornelius waited for them, and he had called together his kinsmen and near friends.

25 And as Peter was coming in, Cornelius met him, and fell down at his feet, and worshipped him.

26 But Peter took him up, saying, stand up; I myself also am a man.

27 And as he talked with him, he went in, and found many that were come together.

28 And he said unto them, Ye know how that it is an unlawful thing for a man that is a Jew to keep company or come unto one of another nation; but God hath shewed me that I should not call any man common or unclean.

29 Therefore came I unto you without gainsaying, as soon as I was sent for: I ask therefore for what intent ye have sent for me?

30 And Cornelius said, four days ago I was fasting until this hour; and at the ninth hour I prayed in my house, and behold, a man stood before me in bright clothing,

31 And said, Cornelius, thy prayer is heard, and thine alms are had in remembrance in the sight of God.

32 Send therefore to Joppa, and call hither Simon, whose surname is Peter; he is lodged in the house of one Simon a tanner by the seaside: who, when he cometh, shall speak unto thee.

33 Immediately therefore I sent to thee; and thou hast well done that thou art come. Now therefore are we all here present before God, to hear all things that are commanded thee of God.

34 Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:

35 But in every nation he that feared him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.

My understanding of this vision was that God was speaking to Peter about accepting the Gentiles and the proof was that God poured out the Holy Spirit on the Gentiles who believed on Jesus for the remission of sins. verse 43-45
The new covenant was being inaugurated through Jesus' ministry and the unclean was the type and shadow of the things coming to pass.

There is nothing outside a person that by going into him can defile him, but the things that come out of a person are what defile him.”[e] 17 And when he had entered the house and left the people, his disciples asked him about the parable. 18 And he said to them, “Then are you also without understanding? Do you not see that whatever goes into a person from outside cannot defile him, 19 since it enters not his heart but his stomach, and is expelled?”[f] (Thus he declared all foods clean.) 20 And he said, “What comes out of a person is what defiles him. 21 For from within, out of the heart of man, come evil thoughts, sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery, 22 coveting, wickedness, deceit, sensuality, envy, slander, pride, foolishness. 23 All these evil things come from within, and they defile a person.”
Hmm this "now more then ever". One would think it would be easy to find yet oddly its not. I don't hear of this read of this anywhere.

SomeDisciple

Jul 4, 2021
I really don't get how God was showing Peter that he wanted him to go to the gentiles who he had cleansed, by showing him unclean animals, which he didn't cleanse... that doesn't make a lot of sense to me at all. I also see that "katharizó" is consistently translated "cleanse" and not "purge" and when it is translated "purge" in Hebrews 9:14 KJV... other versions translate it as "cleanse" or "purify" which in context "cleanse" and "purify" are far better words than "purged".... just sayin.

I also think the apostles wrote the gentile converts because they didn't want them being influenced by those preaching the law- not because they expected the gentiles to go to synagogue and learn the law later. "don't put this yoke on them now; put it on them later"... no, that does not make sense.

Also, not sure that there's any bible that says the dietary laws are "health laws" at all. Rabbit is hardly bad for you.

I definitely don't have a problem with Torah observation... I think it's very important to know and understand the OT; but to say that the NT requires us to keep Levitical law? I think that's a long shot.