Unconditional love and the church's approach to homosexuality

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

eternally-gratefull

I did repent and put my faith trust and rest in Jesus a long time ago, been born again ever since, walk with and follow Jesus ever since, abide in Jesus ever since, obey His commands ever since, proclaim the gospel ever since, all for the glory of God ever since.
Yep, your trying to maintain or keep your salvation by works

you admitted it

you need to repent, because your faith is misplaced

E

eternally-gratefull

I never condemned anyone. You have been condemning me for the last few days because I don't believe in hyper-grace as you believe.
I have not said anything about your salvation,

I just have been judging your works based gospel

call me hypergrace all you want

your a legalist, no better than the jewish legalist who tried to add works to the gospel of Christ who paul called fools for trying to perfect their salvation i the flesh

your faith is in your works, not in Christ.
again, if I were you I would repent, because if you tru,y were saved, something happened along the way,

E

eternally-gratefull

You hyper-grace heretics will not make it to heaven. We're done here. Happy trails. 😊
whatever Dude, go work your way to heaven. But just know we do not take kindly to legalist gospels here, you will be apposed for your heresy!

E

eternally-gratefull

Anyway, it took a few days, but as always with the legalist, the truth comes out, then they run.

E

eternally-gratefull

At least anyone who sees will see the truth, and hopefully will not fall for the false gospel

E

eternally-gratefull

Threats from a leftist hyper-gracer? Tsk tsk. It's opposed, not "apposed." Your hyper-grace is the heresy.
Leftist

wow man your so far out there you not only can’t read that I claimed I DO OBEY God out of his power and gratitude for his salvation, you now think I am a leftist

forgive me for proving you teach a works based gospel

for giving me fo showing what Paul said about the fact it is not by our works of righteousness we are saved, but Gods mercy, and if it is of grace it’s not of works

you denied it for so long until you could no longer deny it, then you fell.

I am not a leftist, and I believe in salvation by grace, something you reject.
now that I have exposed you you feel you have to attack me

news flash bro, you done been exposed. You might as well do,what so many before you who have been exposed a
ha e done and go find a new chatroom. Because people have exposed you here for what you are

E

eternally-gratefull

after saying he is being obedient to maintain salvation, or perfect his salvation in the flesh. @JerryInBoston said this
You lie. I never said I was perfected through the flesh.
While calling me a liar, then he claimed he did not do those things to be saved.
I don't do those things to be saved. I am saved, I'm being saved, and I will be eternally saved. Of this I'm certain. Praise Jesus, hallelujah. I do those things because I love God for giving an undeserved sinner like me eternal life, and all that I do, I do for the glory of God.
then he Denys he is trying to earn salvation, statimg he has never said salvation can be earned

You keep saying "earn salvation", and you're the only one stuck on that. I've never said I earn salvation or that salvation can be earned. It's your animus toward the biblical truth that you can lose your salvation that has your panties in an eternal bunch.
so I asked him, why does he demand people must obey to be saved, which he has flatly denied

Then why do you demand i and others do those things to be saved?
then he claims it’s not him but it’s God (way to deflect)

I don't demand you or anyone else do anything, God commands it.
i asked once again, to be saved, basically taking us back to when I stated he said these works must be done? (Back to perfecting or maintaining our salvation in the flesh and by works?

and he finally admits it

after all the denial, all the rejection, I. The end, as it always does, the truth comes out

the above will be saved for reposting if this poster tried to deny works again

not to be mean, but this poster has judged the salvation of a few people in christian chat, and he needs to know the judgement he passes on others, will be passed on him

E

eternally-gratefull

For the record. Anyone can check my posts since I have been in CC, I am a trump loving republican, not that I hate anyone on the left, I don’t. But since the accusation was tossed, figured I would set the record straight and challenge use you accused to prove any different

Jun 22, 2020
Australia
This is getting wayyyyyy off topic, but for some 500 years now, this point in time has been talked about in our church (RCC)

We are on the precipice of an event that will rock the entire planet. It will be the biggest act of grace since Jesus himself walked the earth. When it happens we will all know how God sees us. After this it will be our last chance to change before the rise of the Antichrist and the great tribulation.

I can tell you with reasonable certainty that the wheels were put into motion sometime around the end of WW2 and that a century of Satan's rule began. It will culminate in the rising of the Antichrist.

The rise of gay people coincides with the age of human knowledge and reasoning. Computers were invented in WW2. Computers have allowed the explosion of knowledge. Knowledge is available to anyone on the planet with a phone in their hand. Something never seen before anytime in history. And what did Eve gain after eating the forbidden fruit in the garden of Eden? It was knowledge. Knowledge without wisdom. And that is the same problem we face today. Knowledge without wisdom.

This possibly sounds a little unhinged, i have not explained it very well at all. It really needs it's own thread.
LoL yes it off topic but so what, we can still chat about other stuff too... lol

I agree with what your saying, it's not easy to explain. People call it globalism, nwo, world communism, and it all comes from evil roots.

God Bless

AlmondJoy

Oct 31, 2020
You seem to be suggesting that Christians do not sin, which is false.
Or are you suggesting that homosexuality is worse than other sins?

Nobody is suggesting that homosexuality is not a sin. This thread is about how sins are dealt with, and I used homosexuality as an example.

I used to go to a "church" that believed as you do, and yet the "pastor" used the "church" as an income stream...as in "give me more and more of your money" and taught the falsehood that tithing is a requirement of modern Christians.

Funny how they were not accepting of homosexuality but we're accommodating of swindling...!
Amazing how people that want to justify a sinful lifestyle bring up money and the Church. I got news for you, every preacher is not a money-hungry, chicken-eating, fat, lazy swindler. God still has some men that stand behind pulpits with the conviction of God in their hearts and a love for this lost and dying world.

There are a few pastors left that love you enough that they refuse to give you cotton candy sermons every Sunday but still preach Romans 1 just as God said it.

Romans 1 said these homosexuals did not like to retain God in their knowledge!!!!

The great danger I feel to warn you of is that you are in danger of being an idol worshipper!!! you have created a God in your mind that accepts homosexual lifestyles BUT his word says different.

BTW I do love homosexuals the way God told me to love them. I love them enough to tell them the truth. The Greatest enemy to the gay community is these lying cotton candy preachers and their congregates who profess to "lOVE" the gay community while you lie to them and will cause many to go to hell

Mark47Oz

Jun 4, 2021
LoL yes it off topic but so what, we can still chat about other stuff too... lol

I agree with what your saying, it's not easy to explain. People call it globalism, nwo, world communism, and it all comes from evil roots.

God Bless
If you are interested in talking about it, you are welcome to send me a private message. What I'm alluding to is an event that will come soon and it will precede the tribulation spoken of in the Bible.

As many of my sources are Catholic, I'm not going to risk ruffling any more feathers by sharing publicly, but anyone with curiosity is welcome to ask me in private and I'll share in the spirit of shared interest ie not trying to make anyone Catholic.

Jun 22, 2020
Australia
If you are interested in talking about it, you are welcome to send me a private message. What I'm alluding to is an event that will come soon and it will precede the tribulation spoken of in the Bible.

As many of my sources are Catholic, I'm not going to risk ruffling any more feathers by sharing publicly, but anyone with curiosity is welcome to ask me in private and I'll share in the spirit of shared interest ie not trying to make anyone Catholic.
Its a two way conversation... They can ruffle their feathers all they like... ;)
U have to be thick skinned on these forums. Try not to take too much offense.

My parents immigrated here from Portugal. Their Catholics. I think i am still, though some people would disagree.

What about what Our Lady of Fatima said to Lucia???
To consecrate Russia to Her Immaculate heart or else communism will spread around the world
Pope John Paul 2 eventually did that in the 80s but the ball had already started rolling. I think we're seeing that now
And the 3rd secret is still somewhat of a mystery. From what i understand its contents haven't been released. Or have they.
Yea, from memory, I think there is only speculation surrounding that 3rd secret

Now your turn... Spill it...:)

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
Your right god does not change

So a person who claims to have faith and later walked away NEVER HAD FAITH, they walked away because they felt nothing from God and they did not experience Gods love, hence why they walked away to begin with

It’s not that God failed them, it’s that God knew they did not have real faith
If you want to know the truth, look at the parable of the sower. It explains precisely what happens. It's nothing to do with feelings. The word of God is powerful to save, but the heart of man has to be receptive first.

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
Jesus said the church at Ephesus: Revelation 2: "4Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love. 5Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent."

They loved the Lord but fell away, abandoned their first love.

Looks like they have to repent, again.
It does not mean that they are going to hell. It does mean that they miss out on God's kingdom blessings and rewards.

Mark47Oz

Jun 4, 2021
Its a two way conversation... They can ruffle their feathers all they like... ;)
U have to be thick skinned on these forums. Try not to take too much offense.

My parents immigrated here from Portugal. Their Catholics. I think i am still, though some people would disagree.

What about what Our Lady of Fatima said to Lucia???
To consecrate Russia to Her Immaculate heart or else communism will spread around the world
Pope John Paul 2 eventually did that in the 80s but the ball had already started rolling. I think we're seeing that now
And the 3rd secret is still somewhat of a mystery. From what i understand its contents haven't been released. Or have they.
Yea, from memory, I think there is only speculation surrounding that 3rd secret

Now your turn... Spill it...:)
I've been to Fatima, Lourdes and Medjugorje in 1993. Fatima is the scariest place I've ever been to be honest.

What I'm talking about talking about is called the illumination of conscience, or the warning spoken about by Padre Pio, Sister Sasagawa, Garabandal to name a few.

If people don't believe in it, they will soon enough. This is the worldwide event I'm alluding to. It's already happened to some people in advance as a great act of grace and for reasons completely unknown to me, my turn came up just before Easter.

I'm going to try and make this as short as possible, but it's really hard to make a synopsis of the biggest most life changing event you've ever had.

Everyone knows who I am and how I've led an unholy life. No need to catch you up to speed on that. But one night before Easter this year (2021) I was in bed alone (as is normal) I became aware of a presence in my room. It was a male and he was standing in my doorway. I knew immediately it was Jesus. All I could feel was immense shame. And I said in my mind 'how can I come before you Lord, I am so so unworthy!' He said nothing, but instead showed me how he sees me. It was awful. The most spirituality, emotionally and physically (in my heart) painful thing I've ever experienced. I was like a beggar in the streets. Dirty, torn clothes. Disheveled and unwashed. Jesus didn't have to say a word. I knew my sins are what had gotten me in this state.

I kept saying in my mind 'why are you here Lord,? I'm so not worthy of you'

And he responded one simple question: 'Are you with me?'

For some reason, I knew I had to answer out loud. But I couldn't. With all my being I wanted to say YES! But my lips were bound. I struggled my heart was screaming 'I am here Lord' I took me everything ounce of will I had in my existence and my mouth moved. I was able to get those words I desperately wanted to say out. I blurted as loudly as I could 'I am here Lord!'

And then I just started weeping. I literally couldn't stop crying. I haven't been able to for months now. I keep getting this urge to start praying. To pray the rosary. And to fast. Things I've never done before. And I just can't stop. I'm literally obsessed with God and being in Jesus' presence. Every time I fall into prayer it's just a big blubber fest. All I feel is regret and sorrow for everything I've ever done.

And yet despite it being the most ridiculously painful thing I've ever done, I can't stop. It literally feels like I'm being purified in holy fire.

I've come to realise that my whole life has been one of selfishness and desire. All I want to do is make it up for all the things I've done in my life that have offended God and put right the wrongs I've done to other people. God is teaching me about the ripple effects of our sins. How even the smallest things we do, or even don't do can affect another human and cause them to become lost. He loves us all so so very much and he wants us. ALL of us to love him. It destroys Jesus when he sees how we've all dehumanised one another. We've forgotten that every single person on this planet carries the most precious of gifts with them. Their very own soul.

And yet again as I write this, I'm reduced to a blubbering mess 🙄 Whatever Jesus did to me, he stitched me up real good.

I literally went from being somewhere between agnostic and Atheist who teetered between believing there is no God, and if there is one, he didn't believe in me to full on believer who is ready to follow him wherever he leads me.

So this is what is to come for everyone on the planet. A great event will come and every single person on this earth will see how God would judge them if they were to die then and there at the same time. It's going to be horrific for many. Some will literally die from fright when it happens. I know I felt like I couldn't bear to see the stain of my sins, it was so so awful to know just how much Jesus cares, when I truly didn't.

So yes, Jesus does visit gay people. Yes he does want to save us. Yes I am changing. Things that were attractive to me a few months ago hold no interest today. Temptations that ruled my life are of no importance to me anymore.

All that matters to me now is making up for those years I wasted in ignorance and figuring out what God wants me to do next. Which is pretty much a 'to be continued' sort of thing at the moment.

I apologize for bad grammar and probably a poorly written account. Between trying to fight predictive text on my phone and blurry eyes I know I've done a hatchet job. 😑

Apr 12, 2021
For the record. Anyone can check my posts since I have been in CC, I am a trump loving republican, not that I hate anyone on the left, I don’t. But since the accusation was tossed, figured I would set the record straight and challenge use you accused to prove any different
You idolize DJT. Are you also a believer in Q like most others who idolize DJT?

K

kaylagrl

Lol don't worry about it brother. We all know you well here and what you believe. But this thread has seen it end I think. Not one productive thing came from it. Very sad.

Wansvic

Nov 27, 2018
Anyway, it took a few days, but as always with the legalist, the truth comes out, then they run.
Ending a conversation with you has nothing to do with running. It may make you feel good to see it that way but that is not the truth. When presented with scripture proof you refuse to accept it. At some point it is necessary to get off the rabbit trail you seem to enjoy so much.