Unconditional love and the church's approach to homosexuality

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Mark47Oz

Jun 4, 2021
Man... I will just say, that was one of the most beautiful testimonies i have read...
Thank you for sharing and may Gods peace and grace be with you always...
Thanks. It's really quite difficult to put into words such deep emotion.

And to answer your question about Fatima more directly, Fatima, Garabandal and Medjugorje are all linked. The warning is the great culmination of over a century's worth of prophesy and we are entering the first phases of it now with the global pandemic.

Peace be with you and may your life be consecrated to Jesus and his sacred heart.

Jun 22, 2020
Australia
Thanks. It's really quite difficult to put into words such deep emotion.

And to answer your question about Fatima more directly, Fatima, Garabandal and Medjugorje are all linked. The warning is the great culmination of over a century's worth of prophesy and we are entering the first phases of it now with the global pandemic.

Peace be with you and may your life be consecrated to Jesus and his sacred heart.
I dont know too much about Medjugorje prophecies. I doubted their legitimacy until i watched a documentary that proved that at least 3 of the seers were ligitimately in a conscious state unknown to science. A state known as ecstacy.

The seers from Garabandal were no doubtedly in that state, experiencing something supernatural. From memory they predicted a great sign that everyone would see followed by a great chastisement.

Those two haven't been approved by the RCC, not many Marian apparitions have been. And I do wonder whether their apparitions are really Holy or a demonic deception, appearing as an angel of light.

I even wonder such about Fatima despite my olds being Portuguese. I've been there when I was 12.

The gift of discernment is not one that I'm endowed with, so I must keep this kind of open mind. I was also a prodigal son. I walked away from God for 10 years, an atheist. Then spen another 10 years coming back, an agnostic. Satan almost drove my off the edge. I saw Satan b4 I saw God. But when I realisedI had been led by the evil one I went in search for God. I know I'm full of error so my thoughts are only speculative. The Lord knows as I look up with my hands out, admitting that I don't have that knowledge.

Much of what you say is the same or similar to what many of us are thinking. Even my mum thinks it's "the end of the world" and I see she is spooked when I remind her of the Fatima prophecies and read parts of Revelation with her.

Mark47Oz

Jun 4, 2021
I dont know too much about Medjugorje prophecies. I doubted their legitimacy until i watched a documentary that proved that at least 3 of the seers were ligitimately in a conscious state unknown to science. A state known as ecstacy.

The seers from Garabandal were no doubtedly in that state, experiencing something supernatural. From memory they predicted a great sign that everyone would see followed by a great chastisement.

Those two haven't been approved by the RCC, not many Marian apparitions have been. And I do wonder whether their apparitions are really Holy or a demonic deception, appearing as an angel of light.

I even wonder such about Fatima despite my olds being Portuguese. I've been there when I was 12.

The gift of discernment is not one that I'm endowed with, so I must keep this kind of open mind. I was also a prodigal son. I walked away from God for 10 years, an atheist. Then spen another 10 years coming back, an agnostic. Satan almost drove my off the edge. I saw Satan b4 I saw God. But when I realisedI had been led by the evil one I went in search for God. I know I'm full of error so my thoughts are only speculative. The Lord knows as I look up with my hands out, admitting that I don't have that knowledge.

Much of what you say is the same or similar to what many of us are thinking. Even my mum thinks it's "the end of the world" and I see she is spooked when I remind her of the Fatima prophecies and read parts of Revelation with her.
I'm not going to go down the whole Mary path on this website. I feel it's a step too far for most people to understand or accept.

But I will say this. I've been and I've seen. I've met her and I believe.

Christ is our one and only saviour. And I will never deny this. He is the one who came back for me after all, but it is a very narrow minded view to think that angels and other beings from heaven don't interact with us, just like they did in the old testament.

CS1

May 23, 2012
I've been to Fatima, Lourdes and Medjugorje in 1993. Fatima is the scariest place I've ever been to be honest.

What I'm talking about talking about is called the illumination of conscience, or the warning spoken about by Padre Pio, Sister Sasagawa, Garabandal to name a few.

If people don't believe in it, they will soon enough. This is the worldwide event I'm alluding to. It's already happened to some people in advance as a great act of grace and for reasons completely unknown to me, my turn came up just before Easter.

I'm going to try and make this as short as possible, but it's really hard to make a synopsis of the biggest most life changing event you've ever had.

Everyone knows who I am and how I've led an unholy life. No need to catch you up to speed on that. But one night before Easter this year (2021) I was in bed alone (as is normal) I became aware of a presence in my room. It was a male and he was standing in my doorway. I knew immediately it was Jesus. All I could feel was immense shame. And I said in my mind 'how can I come before you Lord, I am so so unworthy!' He said nothing, but instead showed me how he sees me. It was awful. The most spirituality, emotionally and physically (in my heart) painful thing I've ever experienced. I was like a beggar in the streets. Dirty, torn clothes. Disheveled and unwashed. Jesus didn't have to say a word. I knew my sins are what had gotten me in this state.

I kept saying in my mind 'why are you here Lord,? I'm so not worthy of you'

And he responded one simple question: 'Are you with me?'

For some reason, I knew I had to answer out loud. But I couldn't. With all my being I wanted to say YES! But my lips were bound. I struggled my heart was screaming 'I am here Lord' I took me everything ounce of will I had in my existence and my mouth moved. I was able to get those words I desperately wanted to say out. I blurted as loudly as I could 'I am here Lord!'

And then I just started weeping. I literally couldn't stop crying. I haven't been able to for months now. I keep getting this urge to start praying. To pray the rosary. And to fast. Things I've never done before. And I just can't stop. I'm literally obsessed with God and being in Jesus' presence. Every time I fall into prayer it's just a big blubber fest. All I feel is regret and sorrow for everything I've ever done.

And yet despite it being the most ridiculously painful thing I've ever done, I can't stop. It literally feels like I'm being purified in holy fire.

I've come to realise that my whole life has been one of selfishness and desire. All I want to do is make it up for all the things I've done in my life that have offended God and put right the wrongs I've done to other people. God is teaching me about the ripple effects of our sins. How even the smallest things we do, or even don't do can affect another human and cause them to become lost. He loves us all so so very much and he wants us. ALL of us to love him. It destroys Jesus when he sees how we've all dehumanised one another. We've forgotten that every single person on this planet carries the most precious of gifts with them. Their very own soul.

And yet again as I write this, I'm reduced to a blubbering mess 🙄 Whatever Jesus did to me, he stitched me up real good.

I literally went from being somewhere between agnostic and Atheist who teetered between believing there is no God, and if there is one, he didn't believe in me to full on believer who is ready to follow him wherever he leads me.

So this is what is to come for everyone on the planet. A great event will come and every single person on this earth will see how God would judge them if they were to die then and there at the same time. It's going to be horrific for many. Some will literally die from fright when it happens. I know I felt like I couldn't bear to see the stain of my sins, it was so so awful to know just how much Jesus cares, when I truly didn't.

So yes, Jesus does visit gay people. Yes he does want to save us. Yes I am changing. Things that were attractive to me a few months ago hold no interest today. Temptations that ruled my life are of no importance to me anymore.

All that matters to me now is making up for those years I wasted in ignorance and figuring out what God wants me to do next. Which is pretty much a 'to be continued' sort of thing at the moment.

I apologize for bad grammar and probably a poorly written account. Between trying to fight predictive text on my phone and blurry eyes I know I've done a hatchet job. 😑

Jesus doesn't bring " immense shame. " He did not come to condemn anyone. in addition the false spirituality of those " illumination of conscience," which is also known as a mini judgment,
and which there is none without reconciliation back to God. One must repent of the sin and not return to it.

Different kinds of illumination of conscience exist. For example, illumination can be partial whereby one sees only the sins committed and which remained unabsolved, with all their consequences to self and others as well as the accompanying anguish. Or illumination can be complete whereby one sees both all of the above and all the good done throughout their life.

You stated Jesus said, "Are you with me?"

This is a very serious question that Jesus said to the Church of Laodicea I would rather you be Hot or Cold but you are lukewarm.

Jesus asked you " Are you with me"? you said :

For some reason, I knew I had to answer out loud. But I couldn't. With all my being I wanted to say YES! But my lips were bound.

You wanted to but you did not want to abandon your sin. All of us have done the same thing at one time or another. The reason why you always cry is that you are suffering from the condemnation of the sin you refuse to let go. Jesus came to you and asked

Are you with me? You did not say yes because you have A STRONGHOLD in your life that has you addicted and sexual idolatry.

E

eternally-gratefull

I'm not going to go down the whole Mary path on this website. I feel it's a step too far for most people to understand or accept.

But I will say this. I've been and I've seen. I've met her and I believe.

Christ is our one and only saviour. And I will never deny this. He is the one who came back for me after all, but it is a very narrow minded view to think that angels and other beings from heaven don't interact with us, just like they did in the old testament.
I would not call it narrow minded. I agree. Angels can and do visit.

But the people who left before us. Including Mary. Have not yet been resurrected and given their resurrected Bodies. They are in paradise awaiting the resurrection. They do not have the characteristics of God either. Hence they can not hear you or anyone else when you pray.

Just responding to what I see

Mark47Oz

Jun 4, 2021
I would not call it narrow minded. I agree. Angels can and do visit.

But the people who left before us. Including Mary. Have not yet been resurrected and given their resurrected Bodies. They are in paradise awaiting the resurrection. They do not have the characteristics of God either. Hence they can not hear you or anyone else when you pray.

Just responding to what I see
I respect your beliefs.

But I have a couple of questions for you.

Do you think that God and the kingdom of heaven are bound by the same temporal concept of past, present and future as us? How does God know the future if he's not omnipresent in all of it? How was the book of revelation written if God isn't already there in our future. How and why did he foretell the coming of Christ at the fall in the garden of Eden and then through his prophets in Israel?

Why is it that so many describe meeting departed loved ones when they have near death experiences?

And Mary is not God or a God or even an idol. Let's get that straight. She's just a plain old regular human being like you and I.

Just a few things to think about.

To me God praise be his name is absolutely limitless in his power and glory. Putting him in a box and binding him to our concepts of time where we can only remember the past, live in the now and hope for the future seems small minded to me. As does discounting some if his heavenly messengers. One has to look at the fruits these 'extra' mesengers bear.

I believe nothing happens on this earth without God's permission. We're all here to exercise our greatest gift - free will. We get to choose between loving God and each other or being selfish and falling into darkness.

Apr 12, 2021
I respect your beliefs.

Do you think that God and the kingdom of heaven are bound by the same temporal concept of past, present and future as us? How does God know the future if he's not omnipresent in all of it? How was the book of revelation written if God isn't already there in our future. How and why did he foretell the coming of Christ at the fall in the garden of Eden and then through his prophets in Israel?

Why is it that so many describe meeting departed loved ones when they have near death experiences?

And Mary is not God or a God or even an idol. Let's get that straight. She's just a plain old regular human being like you and I.

To me God praise be his name is absolutely limitless in his power and glory. Putting him in a box and binding him to our concepts of time where we can only remember the past, live in the now and hope for the future seems small minded to me. As does discounting some if his heavenly messengers. One has to look at the fruits these 'extra' mesengers bear.

I believe nothing happens on this earth without God's permission. We're all here to exercise our greatest gift - free will. We get to choose between loving God and each other or being selfish and falling into darkness.
You are absolutely right: God is all-powerful, all-knowing, and all-present, which means God can do all things at times He chooses that confound our limited minds, and God knows all that has happened, is happening, and will happen because He is present in all dimensions: past, present, and future.

I believe people have had meetings or interactions with divine beings or angels or apparitions, but I also believe there are frauds who make such claims.

There's some things we just don't know, and that includes things Biblical. For example: eschatological views are varied and each variant uses Biblical scripture in support of their position. Not all are correct, because only one can be the truth, which means some are holding on to a false teaching.
IMO.

E

eternally-gratefull

I respect your beliefs.

Again. God is omniscient. He can simultaneously hear and comprehend the prays of millions all over the earth

Like you said Mary is not. If she could hear your prayer. She would not be able to hear all the other prayed. She is limited. Even angels are Limited. See Daniel. Where Gabriel was prevented for a time From reaching Daniel

Mark47Oz

Jun 4, 2021
You are absolutely right: God is all-powerful, all-knowing, and all-present, which means God can do all things at times He chooses that confound our limited minds, and God knows all that has happened, is happening, and will happen because He is present in all dimensions: past, present, and future.

I believe people have had meetings or interactions with divine beings or angels or apparitions, but I also believe there are frauds who make such claims.

There's some things we just don't know, and that includes things Biblical. For example: eschatological views are varied and each variant uses Biblical scripture in support of their position. Not all are correct, because only one can be the truth, which means some are holding on to a false teaching.
IMO.
Yes, you are quite correct. There is only one truth.

Eternally Grateful I will answer your post in this reply too.

There is a big test coming upon all of these messages from Mary.

2 sets of visionaries have made the same claim and given the age of one of them now, we've got little time (30 years at the very most) before it's all exposed as a huge fraud or these messages will come to pass.

I know that the RCC is secretly taking it at least a little bit seriously and is allowing a refuge for priests to be built in Canada in preparation for the arrival of the Antichrist.

I also know that the timeline of these predictions lines up with the papal succession prophesy of St Malachi. Pope Francis is the last Pope on the list.

Take it all as a grain of salt if you will. One of us will be proved right in the end. Either I'll be like 'well, that was disappointing' and other folk will be like 'told you so' or we're about to go through some pretty dark days. I'm fully prepared, hopeful even for it to go in your favour. Because that would mean the horrors I believe are about to come will be avoided.

CS1

May 23, 2012

2 sets of visionaries have made the same claim and given the age of one of them now, we've got little time (30 years at the very most) before it's all exposed as a huge fraud or these messages will come to pass.

I know that the RCC is secretly taking it at least a little bit seriously and is allowing a refuge for priests to be built in Canada in preparation for the arrival of the Antichrist.

I also know that the timeline of these predictions lines up with the papal succession prophesy of St Malachi. Pope Francis is the last Pope on the list.

Take it all as a grain of salt if you will. One of us will be proved right in the end. Either I'll be like 'well, that was disappointing' and other folk will be like 'told you so' or we're about to go through some pretty dark days. I'm fully prepared, hopeful even for it to go in your favour. Because that would mean the horrors I believe are about to come will be avoided.

for the Christian, we have not been appointed to Wrath. All Christians will not suffer the wrath of God. Noah did not, Abraham did not, Moses did not, Those who are Born again and have the Holy Spirit that knows Jesus as Lord and Savior will not see the anti-christ We are waiting for the Lord Jesus Christ.

K

kaylagrl

There may be comments after this, but I think this would be a good closing to this thread and speaks to everyone "in the room". My sister shared this on Facebook tonight and I thought this is what I have been saying all along and sums it all up perfectly. Please read it a few times and let it sink in. This is what evangelism is all about. I catch 'em, He cleans 'em. Can I get a witness?

May 22, 2020
There may be comments after this, but I think this would be a good closing to this thread and speaks to everyone "in the room". My sister shared this on Facebook tonight and I thought this is what I have been saying all along and sums it all up perfectly. Please read it a few times and let it sink in. This is what evangelism is all about. I catch 'em, He cleans 'em. Can I get a witness?

It is a good message.
However, adding ...insure the church is based on God's word........ must be included.

TMS

Mar 21, 2015
Australia
Joh 8:10 When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?
Joh 8:11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

Jesus loves us all, regardless of which sin we struggle with. Homosexuality is a sin. Go and sin no more.

E

eternally-gratefull

I will say this

While they/you might be hearing from an angel or something

Your not hearing from Mary

Mary is in paradise with abraham and david and paul and peter and all the other saints awaiting her resurrection and her salvation.

May 22, 2020

Help me...what scripture are you using to conclude that .......example....Mary responds to prayer? Now if you are using the RCC bible...no need to respond to the question. They are wrong and there is no need to re-hash that catch 22 point.

Apr 12, 2021

But when you do go, just make sure it's a TRUE gospel message, entire Bible preaching/teaching church.

Mark47Oz

Jun 4, 2021
Help me...what scripture are you using to conclude that .......example....Mary responds to prayer? Now if you are using the RCC bible...no need to respond to the question. They are wrong and there is no need to re-hash that catch 22 point.
Okay, a few points here.

#1 The only bible I personally have in my possession at the moment is the NKJV study bible that I obtained from a Salvation Army thrift store many years ago. I do own a Jerusalem bible, but it is in another country and to be completely honest, they're almost the same except for the fact the Jersualem bible contains the Apocraphyl books from the OT. The NT is exactly the same.

#2 What I am talking about is indeed scriptural. I am not so naive as to follow the utterings of prophets without checking their biblical validity. The Specific verse regarding the warning I am referring to is Matt 24:30 I'll quote 29-31 for context.

29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

*The warning is 3 days of darkness

30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

*A great celestial event will take place, two bodies will collide and a light will form in the shape of a cross with Christ upon it. From the wounds of Christ, a brilliant and terrible light will illuminate the entire world and every person on the entire planet will see within their own souls how God will judge them if they were to die at that moment. (It will last about 15 minutes) The cross will remain visible for 7 days.

31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

You'll notice that it says after the tribulation. So for those pre trib rapture believers, if it's going to happen, it will come soon. We are being told that the warning is coming soon (Jesus told a locutionist it will come 'in this generation' very recently. I take this to mean in the next 100 years at the very most, but other sources and signs indicate much sooner than that. So we all know that means that if true, the tribulation is coming sooner. Hence why I talk about the horrors to come because the Antichrist will rise.

What I'm doing at the moment actually is studying these phenomena and their links to scripture.

Apr 12, 2021
Yes the true gospel.

not the gospel of works as espoused by many
Yes, the true gospel as told by Jesus: "baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you." Matthew 28:19-20

E

eternally-gratefull

Yes, the true gospel as told by Jesus: "baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you." Matthew 28:19-20
That’s not the gospel

the gospel is believe on the name of the lord Jesus and you will be saved

we Are saved by grace through faith, not work, lest anyone should be puffed up

not by good deeds which we have done but by gods mercy he saved us

for God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son that whoever believes shall never die but has eternal life

whoever believes is not condemned whoever does not believe is condemned already

whoever calls on the name and believes with the heart shall be saved

you works based self righteous gospel will never save anyone, it will keep,people from God not bring the, close, because their is no new birth