Unconditional love and the church's approach to homosexuality

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Apr 12, 2021
Asked as if I had said anything about salvation being unconditional.

Hint: I did not.

On the other hand, what did you ever do to gain God's love?

Hint: nothing!
Everyone enjoys God’s unconditional love in the temporal world, but not everyone enjoys God's eternal love in His heavenly kingdom. There must be a condition to enjoy God's eternal love in God's heavenly kingdom. What could it be?

S

SophieT

Everyone enjoys God’s unconditional love in the temporal world, but not everyone enjoys God's eternal love in His heavenly kingdom. There must be a condition to enjoy God's eternal love in God's heavenly kingdom. What could it be?
it's in the Good Book ;) :whistle:

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I believe you know the answer to that question.

Which also suggests you realize salvation is not unconditional, while
stating that His love is unconditional... which is not what you first said.

S

SophieT

Sorry. Have to disagree. We are one race: human. Ethnos/ethnicity is different.
now we have to explain race to you?

you are exhausting

race describes the differences in appearance and ethnicity is culture

I guarantee we do not all look the same. we could share the same culture though if brought up in the same place together...for example, New Yorkers born there have a similar accent. They do not all look the same but might frequent the same places and act in similar ways.

never mind. I feel another disagreement coming on

S

SophieT

I guess you never took Anthropology Jerry. I did. but here is a primer for you

If someone asked you to describe your identity to them, where would you begin? Would it come down to your skin color or your nationality? What about the language you speak, your religion, your cultural traditions or your family's ancestry?

This bewildering question often pushes people to separate their identities into two parts: race versus ethnicity. But what do these two terms actually mean, and what's the difference between race and ethnicity in the first place?

These words are often used interchangeably, but technically, they're defined as separate things. "'Race' and 'ethnicity' have been and continue to be used as ways to describe human diversity," said Nina Jablonski, an anthropologist and palaeobiologist at The Pennsylvania State University, who is known for her research into the evolution of human skin color. "Race is understood by most people as a mixture of physical, behavioral and cultural attributes. Ethnicity recognizes differences between people mostly on the basis of language and shared culture."

know1

Aug 27, 2012
your wife is not lying. I never said she was lying. I said she needed help and so do you and now I remember you.

Jesus was not 50% holy. you are way off in your own little world and I will leave you to it. the way you speak to people, the name calling and arrogant nonsense, are all a part of the deception you live in. you are on ignore.
Saying my wife never had the dreams she told me she had, is the same as saying she lied to me.
If I told you a story, such as my wife driving a vehicle for both 2 hours and 2 and 1/2 hours without gasoline in an internal combustible engine, and you said that never happened, then that is the same as saying I'm a liar. It's just that simple.
That would also be like me saying I didn't call you names, I just used descriptive words on how I see you.
If you want to talk scripture I would be more than happy to do so, but personal attacks on family members will not be tolerated by me.
Saying my wife was the cause of the demonic activity and a portal for the same along with saying, she needs help, was uncalled for.

Apr 12, 2021
I guess you never took Anthropology Jerry. I did. but here is a primer for you

If someone asked you to describe your identity to them, where would you begin? Would it come down to your skin color or your nationality? What about the language you speak, your religion, your cultural traditions or your family's ancestry?

This bewildering question often pushes people to separate their identities into two parts: race versus ethnicity. But what do these two terms actually mean, and what's the difference between race and ethnicity in the first place?

These words are often used interchangeably, but technically, they're defined as separate things. "'Race' and 'ethnicity' have been and continue to be used as ways to describe human diversity," said Nina Jablonski, an anthropologist and palaeobiologist at The Pennsylvania State University, who is known for her research into the evolution of human skin color. "Race is understood by most people as a mixture of physical, behavioral and cultural attributes. Ethnicity recognizes differences between people mostly on the basis of language and shared culture."
What race were Adam and Eve?

know1

Aug 27, 2012
your wife is not lying. I never said she was lying. I said she needed help and so do you and now I remember you.

Jesus was not 50% holy. you are way off in your own little world and I will leave you to it. the way you speak to people, the name calling and arrogant nonsense, are all a part of the deception you live in. you are on ignore.
Okay, even though it made me feel better at the time and aside from the fact that you most likely will not get this message, it was still wrong of me to call you a half-baked ditzy flake, and I sincerely apologize for doing so.
And even though you didn't apologize for the things you said about my wife, I forgive you, and I asked you to forgive me, for the mean things I said, as well.
The spirit of God convicted me and told me I should repent, apologize, and ask for your forgiveness because you are a child of God. I don't know if I heard correctly, because I questioned the last part of that, but I have done all of the above in obedience, from my heart, in all sincerity.
Again I apologize, and regardless of what you say, it will not happen again.

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
I believe that the way many churches and Christians approach the issue of homosexuality is unbiblical.

Churches market themselves as offering unconditional love.
However, all too often they use a bait and switch tactic whereby they offer unconditional love to tempt people in and yet once 'captured', it is discovered that this love and acceptance is conditional on the newcomer changing in whichever way the church 'elders' dictate they should change.
If the church member doesn't change, they may find that they are not included in ways that they were before.

This is manipulation and spiritual abuse, and is absolutely not the kind of unconditional love offered by Jesus.

Before anybody says that homosexuality is forbidden by the Bible and that I'm "ignoring scripture"...
Prostitution is also forbidden in the Bible, and we all know how Jesus asked people not to throw stones and cast judgement.

You see, Jesus uses love to define scripture, and yet humans use scripture to define love.
Jesus reached out to the marginalised, and yet we reach out to condemn.
Perhaps it's in our fallen nature to want to play God?

Lastly, the reason I'm sticking up for homosexuals and using them as an example here is not because I'm gay myself, just as the reason why I'm against racism is not because I am black.

Our Church does NOT discriminate, unrepentant homosexuality is a BAD as ANY Unrepentant SIN, even the unrepentant THOUGHT.

I used to be a Volunteer Prison Chaplain. Here is the way I explained it to inmates:

The Worst Mass Murderer on DEATH ROW is NOT a worse Sinner than US in GOD's Eyes. We are as BAD AS HIM ! ! !

James 2:10 (NCV)
10 A person who follows all of God’s law but fails to obey even one command is guilty of breaking all the commands in that law.

1 Samuel 15:29 (NCV)
29 The LORD is the Eternal One of Israel. He does not lie or change his mind.
He is not a human being, so he does not change his mind.

Psalm 51:17 (GWT)
17 The sacrifice pleasing to God is a broken spirit. O God, you do not despise a broken and sorrowful heart.

If the sinner approaches GOD with a Borrow and Sorrowful HEART, over HIS SINFULNESS, HE will most certainly FORGIVE THEM.

Dooms

Feb 8, 2018
I just want to butt into this and say that Homosexual Christians are in the same salvation boat as the rest of us believers. All of us are sinners, and salvation does not come from what you come from in this world.

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
What race were Adam and Eve?
I am totally Convinced they had to be mixture of all Races.

Jesus was a Nazarene, do you know what race the vast majority of the Nazarene's look like ? ? ?

Dark skinned Arabs.

1626652934550.png ,

May 22, 2020
If sin could again condemn us, then we are under law not under grace

if your under law, you have no hope, because cursed is the one who does not obey every word

good luck my friend, although luck will not help you, you already failed
I don't buy that....we are under the law. Grace is the umbrella under which we are able to get forgiveness.
Give scriptures a closer look....you are n need.