Unconditional Love?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Misty77

Aug 30, 2013
I don't believe that unconditional love is appropriate for most relationships. If someone is hurting you, separate yourself from them. If you choose to still have feelings for them, that's fine, but you are not required to continue in unhealthy relationships. There may be situations that you choose to put yourself in for a time and a purpose, but you are not a bad person for putting up healthy boundaries.

Eromonnis

Dec 21, 2017
A fairytale. God does not practice unconditional love. “Jacob He loved, Esau He hated.” God may love His enemies enough to give them a chance, but if they don’t meet those conditions they go to hell for all eternity. We are to love our enemies with agape love (if your enemy is hungry feed him), but we are not to be yoked with the unrighteous (like David and Jonathan were best friends). Love, and levels of love are conditional.

“What fellowship can light have with darkness?”

“Especially those belonging to the household of faith.”
Unconditional love is real. Conditional love is unreal; it is not even love.
God does not practice conditional love. It is only our unreal perceptions of love that makes us only see the unreal side of it.

Eromonnis

Dec 21, 2017
I'd agree... God's love is unconditionally offered, but not unconditionally given. “He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.” (John 14:21).. Sounds like a condition to me.
Unconditional love is true and real. Conditional love is a deception and unreal.
God, the Father, and the Jesus Christ, the Son, are both true and real. Those that do not understand and do not keep the way of a truthful life are both deceptive and unreal. Why would God have anything to do with what is deceptive and unreal?

Eromonnis

Dec 21, 2017
Life ever after is conditional. Is God's love? ...
Life ever after is reality for the real, not for the unreal. Only the unreal would see a change from itself to reality as conditional. Those who are real see changing to be unreal already unreal.
...Punishment is exacted out of love.
God's justice is perfect, and merciful.
Correction, not punishment, is exacted out of love.
Only those that fear humbleness (truth) perceive correction as punishment.

Eromonnis

Dec 21, 2017
I don't believe that unconditional love is appropriate for most relationships. If someone is hurting you, separate yourself from them. If you choose to still have feelings for them, that's fine, but you are not required to continue in unhealthy relationships. There may be situations that you choose to put yourself in for a time and a purpose, but you are not a bad person for putting up healthy boundaries.
How is unconditional love related to being hurt? Is this not conditional love?

What hurts?

Eromonnis

Dec 21, 2017
Strange that the many questions I have asked of others, to help them discover for themselves their truth, have not been answered.

No wonder the way, the truth and the life is difficult, even for Christians.

Matthew 7:14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

Huckleberry

Aug 25, 2013
Strange that the many questions I have asked of others,
to help them discover for themselves their truth, have not been answered.
You're not the wise old guru you think you are.
There is no "their truth",
there is only "The Truth".

Feb 5, 2017
Absolutely!

Strange that the many questions I have asked of others, to help them discover for themselves their truth, have not been answered.

Matthew 7:14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Life ever after is reality for the real, not for the unreal. Only the unreal would see a change from itself to reality as conditional. Those who are real see changing to be unreal already unreal.
I cannot make sense of what you are saying. Life ever after is promised to those who accept by grace through faith Christ's sacrifice on the cross for the propitiation of their sins, so that they can become the children of God.

Correction, not punishment, is exacted out of love.
Those who refuse Christ's sacrifice on their behalf shall be punished with everlasting destruction.

Eromonnis

Dec 21, 2017
You're not the wise old guru you think you are.
There is no "their truth",
there is only "The Truth".
Since you do not believe in unconditional love outside of a parent-child relationship, then why are you conditional otherwise?
Your own answer is your own truth. Which will reveal your fears.

"The Truth" reveals no fears, only what is (the Greater Reality).
But since we usually live in a lesser reality we usually are caught up our own delusions. To realize this is a truth, but there are deeper truths to eventually reveal "The Truth".

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

Eromonnis

Dec 21, 2017
Life ever after is reality for the real, not for the unreal. Only the unreal would see a change from itself to reality as conditional. Those who are real see changing to be unreal already unreal...
I cannot make sense of what you are saying. Life ever after is promised to those who accept by grace through faith Christ's sacrifice on the cross for the propitiation of their sins, so that they can become the children of God. ...
It is true for those that believe in Jesus Christ as the way, the truth, and the life. God is Truth, children of God are living a way of truthful living _ hence, real. Those who are not living a truth-filled life are unreal. Many OSAS believers would not agree, and if you see yourself as such, then you will not understand the Greater Reality (The Truth).

As I said, 'Only the unreal would see a change from itself to reality as conditional.' Meaning, those that are unreal fear reality, to ask them to face their fears to be realistic seems conditional to them. But the truth will set you free - from your fears that hold you from being truthful.

...Correction, not punishment, is exacted out of love.
Those that fear the truth see truth as hurtful (punishment). Truth does not hurt. What hurts is their humility (ego-deflation, or loss of self-esteem). Arrogance will avoid, almost at any cost to their ego, humiliation. But where there is humiliation, humility, and humbleness there is truth.

...Those who refuse Christ's sacrifice on their behalf shall be punished with everlasting destruction.
Christ's sacrifice was to show us that we are not just flesh which is perishable, but spirit (the Greater Reality). All Jesus Christ's teachings were about referencing life from the spirit and not from the flesh. Those that do not grasp this into their life refuses Christ's sacrifice of His flesh and His Resurrection (Spirit life).

...Those who refuse Christ's sacrifice on their behalf shall be punished with everlasting destruction.
Of course, because they refuse to be true and real. At the End, only what is true, and real, will remain.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
It is true for those that believe in Jesus Christ as the way, the truth, and the life. God is Truth, children of God are living a way of truthful living _ hence, real. Those who are not living a truth-filled life are unreal. Many OSAS believers would not agree, and if you see yourself as such, then you will not understand the Greater Reality (The Truth).

As I said, 'Only the unreal would see a change from itself to reality as conditional.' Meaning, those that are unreal fear reality, to ask them to face their fears to be realistic seems conditional to them. But the truth will set you free - from your fears that hold you from being truthful.

Those that fear the truth see truth as hurtful (punishment). Truth does not hurt. What hurts is their humility (ego-deflation, or loss of self-esteem). Arrogance will avoid, almost at any cost to their ego, humiliation. But where there is humiliation, humility, and humbleness there is truth.

Christ's sacrifice was to show us that we are not just flesh which is perishable, but spirit (the Greater Reality). All Jesus Christ's teachings were about referencing life from the spirit and not from the flesh. Those that do not grasp this into their life refuses Christ's sacrifice of His flesh and His Resurrection (Spirit life).

Of course, because they refuse to be true and real. At the End, only what is true, and real, will remain.
In other words, you agree with what I said? God's love shown through the cross of Christ is unconditional, while life ever after is conditioned upon acceptance of Christ's sacrifice on our behalf? And those who do not accept are punished with everlasting destruction? Because you seemed to disagree at first, acting as if I needed correction when I presented a solid Biblical view.

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
Someone has been smoking the good stuff here.

Eromonnis

Dec 21, 2017
In other words, you agree with what I said? God's love shown through the cross of Christ is unconditional, while life ever after is conditioned upon acceptance of Christ's sacrifice on our behalf? And those who do not accept are punished with everlasting destruction? Because you seemed to disagree at first, acting as if I needed correction when I presented a solid Biblical view.
I am sorry you missed the point.
Only the unreal would perceive changing to reality as conditional. In other words, the conditional part is unreal.
If you see the truth then there is no conditions attached, for the truth becomes obvious. It cannot be bargained with.
What you are saying still comes from a certain amount of doubt, and viewing the obvious from a point of still believing. Because of this one sees conditions.

The Truth will not acknowledge anything that is not true. The Truth sees no conditions, for the Truth is unconditional.

Matthew 7:21-23 "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22. Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?' 23. Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'

[FONT=Arimo, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]As you can see, it is those who place conditions on things that come from an untruthful nature. Jesus realized that we humans were stuck in self-delusion and could not reference life from the real, but from the unreal. His sacrifice on the cross, and resurrection, was his final 'in-your-face' demonstration of overcoming the bondage of self and flesh. He also sent down to those who would believe in His teachings the Holy Spirit of Truth to help break away from slavery to the conditional world.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arimo, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]We do not believe because of a condition was placed on us. We believe because God's grace has touched those that wanted to be real and true. Those that live in fear and not willing to utilize faith to face them, have chosen from their own free-will. It is their lack of faith which perceives conditions. The faithful have surrendered all their own conditions.

God's grace moves into the unconditional heart. It is not God's condition, but our own that makes it appear conditional.
[/FONT]

D

Depleted

Diamonds do exist in the rough. Just because you have not found one yet does not mean they don't exist.
Sometimes we spend a lifetime looking in the wrong places.
People still think that the kingdom of God is without instead of within, or visible instead of invisible to our human senses.
Let's seeeee, I've been an adopted daughter of the Lord for 45 years. I've been happily married to a wonderful man for 37 years. What's that you say about what I don't know?

Presumptuous much?

Eromonnis

Dec 21, 2017
Truth is unconditional, it does not need anything (conditions) to make it true, for it is already true. Truth IS.

Truth is: pure, honest, patient, reliable, genuine, authentic, doubtless, fearless, everlasting, unconditional and I am sure there is more descriptives.

But guess what, Unconditional love is: pure, honest, patient, reliable, genuine, authentic, doubtless, fearless, everlasting, and I am sure there is more descriptives.

So, Truth expressed is Unconditional Love.

To be unconditionally loving, one is unconditionally truthful, even to the point of judgement, rejection, segregation, abandonment and death ... just what Jesus Christ went through. But most are unwilling to give up everything (unreal) for Everything (Real).

Last edited:
D

Depleted

Stranger still that you think it's your wit and your ability to ask questions of others and truly think you are The Way to "discover themselves."

The real way works. You just think you've got another one. Been there. Done that. The T-shirt dry rotted decades ago. lol

D

Depleted

Truth is unconditional, it does not need anything (conditions) to make it true, for it is already true. Truth IS.

Truth is: pure, honest, patient, reliable, genuine, authentic, doubtless, fearless, everlasting, unconditional and I am sure there is more descriptives.

But guess what, Unconditional love is: pure, honest, patient, reliable, genuine, authentic, doubtless, fearless, everlasting, and I am sure there is more descriptives.

So, Truth expressed is Unconditional Love.

To be unconditionally loving, one is unconditionally truthful, even to the point of judgement, rejection, segregation, abandonment and death ... just what Jesus Christ went through. But most are unwilling to give up everything (unreal) for Everything (Real).
Pssst, you were talking "unconditional love," not "unconditional truth." Truth an love mean two different things. That's why they aren't the same word. Given you don't even know that, I do not accept your expertise. Nor should I.

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
Facts are absolute. Truth is subjective.