Understanding Genesis 1:1

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Rondonmon

May 13, 2016
What part of the 9.2 billion years was the evening of the First YOWM and what part of the 9.2 billion years was the morning of the First YOWM? and are the evenings and mornings of the other YOWMs the same amount of time? And if not, what is the significance of the evening and the morning?
So ignorant

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
I don't think that it important to know that God created us and our world as it is out of nothing or out of a dark planet void of God. God is truth, and if sometimes science discovers a truth of God, it sometimes helps our understanding. That was true when science discovered God created a round earth instead of the square one man imagined. It is only important to know God is truth.

GaryA

Truth, Honesty, Love, Courage
Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
What part of the 9.2 billion years was the evening of the First YOWM and what part of the 9.2 billion years was the morning of the First YOWM? and are the evenings and mornings of the other YOWMs the same amount of time? And if not, what is the significance of the evening and the morning?
And the evening and the morning were the first day.
And the evening and the morning were the second day.
And the evening and the morning were the third day.
And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.
And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.
And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

I suggest that they were all the same length of time.
I suggest that there is significance to the repeated use of the words 'the evening and the morning'.

Are you saying that you feel "so ignorant" for not being able to answer his [simple] questions?

Rondonmon

May 13, 2016
Are you saying that you feel "so ignorant" for not being able to answer his [simple] questions?
I have already destroyed you guys, You are the worst, you will dodge quicker than anyone. You will see very soon that your assumptions were all wrong. Just leave prophecy alone, its not your bag. I do not chew my cud twice.

Romans34

... let God be true ...
Oct 28, 2023
I have already destroyed you guys, You are the worst, you will dodge quicker than anyone. You will see very soon that your assumptions were all wrong. Just leave prophecy alone, its not your bag. I do not chew my cud twice.
I am sure I re-read the posts correctly, and I believe it is you that has been the dodger (of questions).

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
Genesis 1:1 "In the beginning" - what does this really mean?
The beginning of the creating of the heavens and the Earth..

It cannot mean the existence of God because God has always been He had no beginning and will have no end..