Understanding Genesis 1&2 - The Beginning

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
K

KnowMe

Again, Science proves how fast the earth has too rotate. And we know that evening and morning are based on the earths rotation/

So unless it took the earth how long do you all claim? Hundreds? Thousands of yer? To rotate one time on its axis.

We must take the word for what it says, and not what we WANT it to say

So mocking me will not help your cause that is unscientific in all areas of the word.
God did not create the universe based on the earths rotation, that’s ignorant

K

KnowMe

Did God create other galaxy’s based off earths rotation NO

E

eternally-gratefull

God did not create the universe based on the earths rotation, that’s ignorant
Evening and the morning is ALWAYS based on the earths rotation

You need to quite. Your hurting your own cause

The universe was created for man, Which means when it was created to hold life. It had to be able to sustain life. It did not take God millions of years to get the universe ready for man to inhabit the earth. Well unless he is not all powerful like he claims he is

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Dear Brother in Christ,

Each of God's Days is NOT 24 hours since the word days comes from the Hebrew word Yowm which can mean 12 or 24 hours, a lifetime or an Eternity. A Day is a period of labor and God has ONLY 6 periods of labor when He is working to make His perfect Heaven and fill it with perfect mankind.

The Un-Scriptural idea, that the 6 Creative Days and the 1 Day of Rest in Gen 1&2, are 24 hour periods of Time, is refuted by Scripture. The 7th Day has no End.

In fact, today, God continues to create sinners in Christ which means that we live today at Gen 1:27 because God is STILL creating Adam (mankind) in Christ. We will NOT advance to the prophecy of Gen 1:28-31 until AFTER Jesus returns

A Yowm in Gen 1&2 is a period of Labor or work when God is doing His work of creating. There is NO time limit or number of days, years, etc. A good example is the Scriptural Fact that TODAY remains the 6th Creative Day of God.... and the 6th Day will NOT end until AFTER our Cosmos is burned which is AFTER Jesus rules and reigns on Earth for a thousand years. Revelation 20:5

The dating of the Ancient Religious Leaders and Archbishop James Ussher does NOT agree with the observed Truth of History. A good example is the below which shows that the first Human cities were built (some are still with us) by Noah's great grandsons some 10k years ago. Gen 10:10

http://www.fsmitha.com/h1/map00-fc.html

God bless
If 'morning and evening one day' mean anything it means what it says...one day. It is the compromisers with secularism and evolution that try to fit in and try to give the bible credence amongst cultures 'Intelligentsia'...that is being dishonest and a sellout to God's plain Word.

K

KnowMe

News flash the earth is not the center of the universe
Evening and the morning is ALWAYS based on the earths rotation

You need to quite. Your hurting your own cause

The universe was created for man, Which means when it was created to hold life. It had to be able to sustain life. It did not take God millions of years to get the universe ready for man to inhabit the earth. Well unless he is not all powerful like he claims he is
You have no idea, no it wasn’t sun dials do not gauge the morning and evening sun rise and set. They didn’t have mech clocks dude. Your trying to place modern clocks with what was written thousands of years ago.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Evening and Morning wasn’t calculated, they used sun dials and star watching, evening and morning was a period of unknown time to them, when there’s light but no visual of the sun to gauge time on a sun dial. it’s about 18min in the evening and morning.
Wasn't calculated?? You think God was a dumb mathematician? He knew how Hemade the worlds and how long, then He told Moses and Moses wrote it down and so we have theBook of Genesis.

K

KnowMe

If 'morning and evening one day' mean anything it means what it says...one day. It is the compromisers with secularism and evolution that try to fit in and try to give the bible credence amongst cultures 'Intelligentsia'...that is being dishonest and a sellout to God's plain Word.
You need evening morning day and night to make a complete day, scripture does not include day and night sorry.

E

eternally-gratefull

News flash the earth is not the center of the universe

You have no idea, no it wasn’t sun dials do not gauge the morning and evening sun rise and set. They didn’t have mech clocks dude. Your trying to place modern clocks with what was written thousands of years ago.
You still have not proven the evening and morning are not one day.

So until you do that, I can not listen to anything else your say.

Ps. Evening means sunset

Morning was sunrise

Your focused on time, I am not. So your whole argument is non sensical and has nothign to do with what I am talking about.

K

KnowMe

Wasn't calculated?? You think God was a dumb mathematician? He knew how Hemade the worlds and how long, then He told Moses and Moses wrote it down and so we have theBook of Genesis.
Look It up homs, the period is based off a biblical mile, that was the only way they had to judge that Period when there’s light but no visible sun.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Exactly expressed in mans time when it was spoken to them, not by clocks.
No. Expressed in clear human words that us finite mortals may clearly understand and have no excuse.

K

KnowMe

You still have not proven the evening and morning are not one day.

So until you do that, I can not listen to anything else your say.

Ps. Evening means sunset

Morning was sunrise

Your focused on time, I am not. So your whole argument is non sensical and has nothign to do with what I am talking about.
O but you say it was 6 24 hours day, yea your not.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
You need evening morning day and night to make a complete day, scripture does not include day and night sorry.
So you are admitting it is one day?

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Look It up homs, the period is based off a biblical mile, that was the only way they had to judge that Period when there’s light but no visible sun.
They knew what evening and a morning was...and those two put together = one day. It really isn't rocket science.

K

KnowMe

They knew what evening and a morning was...and those two put together = one day. It really isn't rocket science.
So tell me how did they know without a clock.

K

KnowMe

Their days was 12 hour day based on a sun dial and 3 watches moved to 4 watches of stars no 12 hour nite at all. Thus 23 hours and 24 minutes as we know it.

E

eternally-gratefull

O but you say it was 6 24 hours day, yea your not.
No

What I said is that it was 6 literal days which matched the earths rotation. Which according to science, HAD to be a certain speed. Because if it was to fast or slow it would not sustain life. (Ie it could not be hundreds or thousands of years of a time period)

You assumed I said 24, I said nothing about length of the day or time.

You know what you do when you assume right?

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Their days was 12 hour day based on a sun dial and 3 watches moved to 4 watches of stars no 12 hour nite at all.
God defined the day, not man 6000 years after the event. Obviously you are having difficulty believing that God inspired all of Scripture.