Understanding Genesis 1&2 - The Beginning

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

eternally-gratefull

So tell me how did they know without a clock.
Who said anythign about a clock

Can you give an example of any time in the history of the world where evening meant ANYTHING other than sunset? Or the end of a day (however long that day is)

E

eternally-gratefull

Their days was 12 hour day based on a sun dial and 3 watches moved to 4 watches of stars no 12 hour nite at all. Thus 23 hours and 24 minutes as we know it.
Not even sure how this relates to the discussion

Evening and morning

That is the context. Not how long days were.. We can get that from science but no one was there back then to know the exact time, so no one can prove anything.

What we can prove is EVENING and MORNING ALWAYS MEANT EVENING AND MORNING

2Pillars

Jan 28, 2016
If 'morning and evening one day' mean anything it means what it says...one day. It is the compromisers with secularism and evolution that try to fit in and try to give the bible credence amongst cultures 'Intelligentsia'...that is being dishonest and a sellout to God's plain Word.
It's simple to know if one's interpretation is correct. If it agrees with God's Holy Word, true Science, and History, it's as close to the One Truth as is Humanly possible.

There is NOT one Truth for True Science and another one for "Bible Believing Christians”. There is Only 1 Truth, and every other discovered Truth MUST agree with God's Truth or we have Not found the 1 Truth. That's why I seek the agreement of every other discovered Truth, to measure against God's Holy Word. The fault is Not with God's Truth, but with man's ability to understand it, for His thoughts are far above man's thoughts.

I also love to see other Christian's views, for that is the way we learn. The Holy Spirit reveals one thing to me and something else to another. Listen to the Old Songs, and read the words, and you will see the Holy Spirit in action.

When we all get together, in Heaven, we will come to know All of the Truth. Jesus told us "I am the Truth". I can hardly wait to know God's Truth, face to face. How bout you.

K

KnowMe

God defined the day, not man 6000 years after the event. Obviously you are having difficulty believing that God inspired all of Scripture.
So here you are saying it was 6 24 hour days trying to define what a day to God is that’s brilliant , I’m not saying that I’m saying it was written as such an unknown time measurement they had no concept of minutes and seconds.

K

KnowMe

No

What I said is that it was 6 literal days which matched the earths rotation. Which according to science, HAD to be a certain speed. Because if it was to fast or slow it would not sustain life. (Ie it could not be hundreds or thousands of years of a time period)

You assumed I said 24, I said nothing about length of the day or time.

You know what you do when you assume right?
Yes I do just like your doing, assuming life cant be sustain by a slower or faster movement of earth, that’s pure bologna, surely a junior scientist came up with that garbage.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
It's simple to know if one's interpretation is correct. If it agrees with God's Holy Word, true Science, and History, it's as close to the One Truth as is Humanly possible.

There is NOT one Truth for True Science and another one for "Bible Believing Christians”. There is Only 1 Truth, and every other discovered Truth MUST agree with God's Truth or we have Not found the 1 Truth. That's why I seek the agreement of every other discovered Truth, to measure against God's Holy Word. The fault is Not with God's Truth, but with man's ability to understand it, for His thoughts are far above man's thoughts.

I also love to see other Christian's views, for that is the way we learn. The Holy Spirit reveals one thing to me and something else to another. Listen to the Old Songs, and read the words, and you will see the Holy Spirit in action.

When we all get together, in Heaven, we will come to know All of the Truth. Jesus told us "I am the Truth". I can hardly wait to know God's Truth, face to face. How bout you.
I think you are confusing finite facts with eternal Truths. Science deals with finite facts. God's Word with eternal truths. Hopefully someday the 'facts' will align with the Truth.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
So here you are saying it was 6 24 hour days trying to define what a day to God is that’s brilliant , I’m not saying that I’m saying it was written as such an unknown time measurement they had no concept of minutes and seconds.
No, I am saying you are having trouble believing in the inspiration of Scripture by God alone.

K

KnowMe

If the day is based off of the sun rise and set thus 24 hour, then there’s an issue with the first 3 days there’s no sun.

K

KnowMe

No, I am saying you are having trouble believing in the inspiration of Scripture by God alone.
Why because that is how you believe and interpretation of scripture, so I must not be on the same page as your belief, that is called pride.

E

eternally-gratefull

Yes I do just like your doing, assuming life cant be sustain by a slower or faster movement of earth, that’s pure bologna, surely a junior scientist came up with that garbage.
Ok. You have lost it. You can not prove me wrong so You you come up with something which MAY be true. And that is supposed to prove me wrong?

Lol

E

eternally-gratefull

Why because that is how you believe and interpretation of scripture, so I must not be on the same page as your belief, that is called pride.
And what your doing is not pride?

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
If the day is based off of the sun rise and set thus 24 hour, then there’s an issue with the first 3 days there’s no sun.
No one said that. The day is based off what God says it is...evening and morning..One Day...

Hebrews 11:3 NASBS
[3] By faith we understand that the worlds were prepared by the word of God, so that what is seen was not made out of things which are visible.

K

KnowMe

Ok. You have lost it. You can not prove me wrong so You you come up with something which MAY be true. And that is supposed to prove me wrong?

Lol
Laugh away, and you can’t prove life can’t be sustain with a faster or slower moving earth so there you go stuck between a rock and a hard place.

K

KnowMe

No one said that. The day is based off what God says it is...evening and morning..One Day...

Hebrews 11:3 NASBS
[3] By faith we understand that the worlds were prepared by the word of God, so that what is seen was not made out of things which are visible.
Yup a time that was unknown to ancient people evening and morning sun rise and set, a day for sure but the length can not be measured, by sun dials, star watching, mech clocks or atomic clocks.

E

eternally-gratefull

Laugh away, and you can’t prove life can’t be sustain with a faster or slower moving earth so there you go stuck between a rock and a hard place.
Nah.. Thats just your view. And you have not proven me wrong, your only argument is that it had to be some young scientist that did not know better.

Yet you claim Crossnote speaks of pride. What do you think you are doing?

Can you give me a reason the earth needed to have hundereds or thousands of years to rotate one time? What would that do to the temperature on the dark side and the hot side. Would it not cause all kinds of issues?
I mean we can go on and on about the consequences of a EXTREMELY SLOW rotation of the earth

E

eternally-gratefull

Yup a time that was unknown to ancient people evening and morning sun rise and set, a day for sure but the length can not be measured, by sun dials, star watching, mech clocks or atomic clocks.
And who cares. About sundials or anything else. They prove nothing.

You asked about pride. Here you go. Your focused on this, and not on what we are even talking about. (Evening and morning)

K

KnowMe

Nah.. Thats just your view. And you have not proven me wrong, your only argument is that it had to be some young scientist that did not know better.

Yet you claim Crossnote speaks of pride. What do you think you are doing?

Can you give me a reason the earth needed to have hundereds or thousands of years to rotate one time? What would that do to the temperature on the dark side and the hot side. Would it not cause all kinds of issues?
I mean we can go on and on about the consequences of a EXTREMELY SLOW rotation of the earth
You want me to prove something to you, when you have not given no proof to your statement, show me Christian the link where science says life cannot be sustain by a faster or slower moving earth.

K

KnowMe

And who cares. About sundials or anything else. They prove nothing.

You asked about pride. Here you go. Your focused on this, and not on what we are even talking about. (Evening and morning)
Yea who cares you go by the world clocks, like everyone else, and you don’t even bother about knowing how those people viewed time as they knew in their day. you might learn something if you would get off your pride horse.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Scripture is not up for private interpretation.When I read the passage to my 6 year old, she knew what it meant. It's not until the pseudo spirituals get hold of God's Word do they decide to make contorted pseudo scientific pretzels out of it. Either go with the plain reading of Scripture or chuck your faith because that is what eventually will happen.