Understanding Genesis 1&2 - The Beginning

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
K

KnowMe

Scripture is not up for private interpretation.When I read the passage to my 6 year old, she knew what it meant. It's not until the pseudo spirituals get hold of God's Word do they decide to make contorted pseudo scientific pretzels out of it. Either go with the plain reading of Scripture or chuck your faith because that is what eventually what happens.
O yea the classic I told a six year old, please

E

eternally-gratefull

Yea who cares you go by the world clocks, like everyone else, and you don’t even bother about knowing how those people viewed time as they knew in their day. you might learn something if you would get off your pride horse.
Thanks you just PROVED what we have been saying, your so proud you can not even admit when your wrong

My view has NOTHING TO Do WITH WORLD CLOCKS Yet you are so STUCK on what you THINK WE BELIEVE you can not even see THAT TRUTH

If your too proud to admit your wrong in that area, you will never admit any other area.

Once again, TIME IS NOT THE ISSUE HERE!!!!!!

K

KnowMe

Thanks you just PROVED what we have been saying, your so proud you can not even admit when your wrong

My view has NOTHING TO Do WITH WORLD CLOCKS Yet you are so STUCK on what you THINK WE BELIEVE you can not even see THAT TRUTH

If your too proud to admit your wrong in that area, you will never admit any other area.

Once again, TIME IS NOT THE ISSUE HERE!!!!!!
Ok pride makes things bold, no need for it dude. Just write it out leave your pride at home.

E

eternally-gratefull

Ok pride makes things bold, no need for it dude. Just write it out leave your pride at home.
You want me to leave my pride home, yet you are alowed to keep yours?

Give it a break dude.

Can you prove that a day was hundreds or thousand of years old or not?

If not, let me know and I will move on.

K

KnowMe

You want me to leave my pride home, yet you are alowed to keep yours?

Give it a break dude.

Can you prove that a day was hundreds or thousand of years old or not?

If not, let me know and I will move on.
I think we shouldn’t talk anymore, you go your way and I will go mine.

2Pillars

Jan 28, 2016
We live in a Multiverse.

Gen 1:6-8 shows the 1st heaven (Adam’ world) was made on the 2nd Day. Gen 2:4 shows other heavenS (plural) being made on the 3rd Day. That's a Multiverse, containing at least 2 or more separate heavens / universes.

Heb 11:3 Through faith we understand that the worldS (multiverse) were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

Gen 2:4-7 also shows that Adam was made on the SAME 3rd Day as the Big Bang of our Cosmos, but Unbelievers (ToE) tell us ancient men (Moses & others) authored the Scripture?. I don't actually think that is true.

There is no interpretation needed since Science has measured the time since the Big Bang at 13.7 Billion years ago in man’s time, and God shows it was the 3rd Days or Ages ago, which means that EACH of God's Days is some 4.5 Billion years in length, in man's time. God's Truth is the Truth Scientifically, Historically, and in EVERY other way, IF we can understand God's Holy Word.

Only God, the Supreme Intelligence of Creation, the Creator who CANNOT Lie would get these things scientifically correct, even today.

I like the FACT that Gen 2:4 shows that the Big Bang of our world was on the 3rd Day and the FIRST Stars of our Cosmos did NOT put forth their Light until the 4th Day. Gen 1:16

Science has recently learned that it took Hundreds of Millions of years AFTER the Big Bang BEFORE the FIRST Stars put forth their Light. It's PROOF that ONLY God could have written Genesis.

God and true science discoveries are in agreement..... and the false ToE and Religionist are the odd men out.

God bless

E

eternally-gratefull

You haven’t proved anything to me why should I prove something to you, one way street.
Well one thing you could do is stop saying we are using time,, because then at least you have come to where we are at, and not thinking we are saying something we are not.

I do not have to prove anything to you. All I have to do is show that the evening and the morning could not possibly be hundereds or thousands of years long. (Which is what my conversation was when you said I was wrong)

Even if I am wrong about the gravity thing it would not matter, There are as I attempted to show other reasons to KNOW this is not true.

E

eternally-gratefull

We live in a Multiverse.

Gen 1:6-8 shows the 1st heaven (Adam’ world) was made on the 2nd Day. Gen 2:4 shows other heavenS (plural) being made on the 3rd Day. That's a Multiverse, containing at least 2 or more separate heavens / universes.

Heb 11:3 Through faith we understand that the worldS (multiverse) were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

Gen 2:4-7 also shows that Adam was made on the SAME 3rd Day as the Big Bang of our Cosmos, but Unbelievers (ToE) tell us ancient men (Moses & others) authored the Scripture?. I don't actually think that is true.

There is no interpretation needed since Science has measured the time since the Big Bang at 13.7 Billion years ago in man’s time, and God shows it was the 3rd Days or Ages ago, which means that EACH of God's Days is some 4.5 Billion years in length, in man's time. God's Truth is the Truth Scientifically, Historically, and in EVERY other way, IF we can understand God's Holy Word.

Only God, the Supreme Intelligence of Creation, the Creator who CANNOT Lie would get these things scientifically correct, even today.

I like the FACT that Gen 2:4 shows that the Big Bang of our world was on the 3rd Day and the FIRST Stars of our Cosmos did NOT put forth their Light until the 4th Day. Gen 1:16

Science has recently learned that it took Hundreds of Millions of years AFTER the Big Bang BEFORE the FIRST Stars put forth their Light. It's PROOF that ONLY God could have written Genesis.

God and true science discoveries are in agreement..... and the false ToE and Religionist are the odd men out.

God bless
How did science measure that time?

K

KnowMe

Well one thing you could do is stop saying we are using time,, because then at least you have come to where we are at, and not thinking we are saying something we are not.

I do not have to prove anything to you. All I have to do is show that the evening and the morning could not possibly be hundereds or thousands of years long. (Which is what my conversation was when you said I was wrong)

Even if I am wrong about the gravity thing it would not matter, There are as I attempted to show other reasons to KNOW this is not true.
Yea the we thing you keep saying that, I’ve known for a very long time, I don’t fit in your group.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
O yea the classic I told a six year old, please
Matthew 18:10 NASB
[10] "See that you do not despise one of these little ones, for I say to you that their angels in heaven continually see the face of My Father who is in heaven.

Matthew 18:3 NASB
[3] and said, "Truly I say to you, unless you are converted and become like children, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven.

K

KnowMe

Matthew 18:10 NASB
[10] "See that you do not despise one of these little ones, for I say to you that their angels in heaven continually see the face of My Father who is in heaven.

Matthew 18:3 NASB
[3] and said, "Truly I say to you, unless you are converted and become like children, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven.
And don’t use scripture out of context, what I said wasn’t towards your daughter, it was to you. for I did not despise a little one.

E

eternally-gratefull

Yea the we thing you keep saying that, I’ve known for a very long time, I don’t fit in your group.
What group?

The group that believes the evening and morning equaled 1 day (no matter how long that day is)

Or the group that thinks the evening and morning could mean many days or many years or (some other view)

I did not know this was a me vs you thing I thought we were trying to discuss the word. Meaning there is no us vs you.

K

KnowMe

What group?

The group that believes the evening and morning equaled 1 day (no matter how long that day is)

Or the group that thinks the evening and morning could mean many days or many years or (some other view)

I did not know this was a me vs you thing I thought we were trying to discuss the word. Meaning there is no us vs you.
What ever the we thing you said, surely doesn’t include me. I know what you meant by that.

K

KnowMe

Posting scripture trying to tear me a new one, please

K

KnowMe

Shame on the one who posted that and the one who liked it.

2Pillars

Jan 28, 2016
How did science measure that time?
SOURCED:
"Age may only be a number, but when it comes to the age of the universe, it's a pretty important one. According to research, the universe is approximately 13.8 billion years old. How did scientists determine how many candles to put on the universe's birthday cake? They can determine the age of the universe using two different methods: by studying the oldest objects within the universe and measuring how fast it is expanding.

Age limits
The universe cannot be younger than the objects contained inside of it. By determining the ages of the oldest stars, scientists are able to put a limit on the age.

The life cycle of a star is based on its mass. More massive stars burn faster than their lower-mass siblings. A star 10 times as massive as the sun will burn through its fuel supply in 20 million years, while a star with half the sun's masswill last more than 20 billion years. The mass also affects the brightness, or luminosity, of a star; more massive stars are brighter. [Related: The Brightest Stars: Luminosity & Magnitude]

Known as Population III stars, the first stars were massive and short-lived. They contained only hydrogen and helium, but through fusion began to create the elements that would help to build the next generation of stars. Scientists have been hunting for traces of the first stars for decades."

SOURCE:
https://www.space.com/24054-how-old-is-the-universe.html

K

KnowMe

SOURCED:
"Age may only be a number, but when it comes to the age of the universe, it's a pretty important one. According to research, the universe is approximately 13.8 billion years old. How did scientists determine how many candles to put on the universe's birthday cake? They can determine the age of the universe using two different methods: by studying the oldest objects within the universe and measuring how fast it is expanding.

Age limits
The universe cannot be younger than the objects contained inside of it. By determining the ages of the oldest stars, scientists are able to put a limit on the age.

The life cycle of a star is based on its mass. More massive stars burn faster than their lower-mass siblings. A star 10 times as massive as the sun will burn through its fuel supply in 20 million years, while a star with half the sun's masswill last more than 20 billion years. The mass also affects the brightness, or luminosity, of a star; more massive stars are brighter. [Related: The Brightest Stars: Luminosity & Magnitude]

Known as Population III stars, the first stars were massive and short-lived. They contained only hydrogen and helium, but through fusion began to create the elements that would help to build the next generation of stars. Scientists have been hunting for traces of the first stars for decades."

SOURCE:
https://www.space.com/24054-how-old-is-the-universe.html
There’s a star that’s been around since the beginning right here in our galaxy, J0815+4729

http://www.astronomy.com/news/2018/02/oldest-star-in-mw

K

KnowMe

Yea you should be sad face, but your pride won’t allow you too, you think it was justified