Understanding Genesis 1&2 - The Beginning

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
K

KnowMe

A humble man will say, yea I probably should have not use that scripture for he was talking to a grown up not a child. Or maybe I am talking to a child.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
And don’t use scripture out of context, what I said wasn’t towards your daughter, it was to you. for I did not despise a little one.
I didn't use it out of context, I used it to illustrate that that it takes one to be born again (converted) to receive God's Word as intended, not to use it as a punching bag to try and bolster our false interpretations.

K

KnowMe

I didn't use it out of context, I used it to illustrate that that it takes one to be born again (converted) to receive God's Word as intended, not to use it as a punching bag to try and bolster our false interpretations.
Bologna you tried to bash me with scripture, now your creating diversion, I don’t believe a word you say.

E

eternally-gratefull

SOURCED:
"Age may only be a number, but when it comes to the age of the universe, it's a pretty important one. According to research, the universe is approximately 13.8 billion years old. How did scientists determine how many candles to put on the universe's birthday cake? They can determine the age of the universe using two different methods: by studying the oldest objects within the universe and measuring how fast it is expanding.

Age limits
The universe cannot be younger than the objects contained inside of it. By determining the ages of the oldest stars, scientists are able to put a limit on the age.

The life cycle of a star is based on its mass. More massive stars burn faster than their lower-mass siblings. A star 10 times as massive as the sun will burn through its fuel supply in 20 million years, while a star with half the sun's masswill last more than 20 billion years. The mass also affects the brightness, or luminosity, of a star; more massive stars are brighter. [Related: The Brightest Stars: Luminosity & Magnitude]

Known as Population III stars, the first stars were massive and short-lived. They contained only hydrogen and helium, but through fusion began to create the elements that would help to build the next generation of stars. Scientists have been hunting for traces of the first stars for decades."

SOURCE:
https://www.space.com/24054-how-old-is-the-universe.html
This does not prove anything

1. It assumes alot
2. No one was there in the begining when things were created.

3. So it is all based on theory

I try not to base my theology on theory

E

eternally-gratefull

if you didn’t put a sad face on one of my post, it wasn’t towards you now was it.
A few of your posts had no quote in them, So I was asking a general question. I was wondering if you responded to someone I had blocked..

You seem awful defensive there

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
They knew what evening and a morning was...and those two put together = one day. It really isn't rocket science.
1 1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 The earth was unformed and void, darkness was on the face of the deep, and the Spirit of God hovered over the surface of the water. 3 Then God said, “Let there be light”; and there was light. 4 God saw that the light was good, and God divided the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. So there was evening, and there was morning, one day.

I don't know if these things are correct by 2 pillars, and my view has always been the gap (truth). 😉 But it seems plausible that light could of been more than 12 hours in eternity. Was time even put into action here?

And the reason why I think this is because Day ...

H3117

יום

yôm

BDB Definition:

1) day, time, year

1a) day (as opposed to night)

1b) day (24 hour period)

1b1) as defined by evening and morning in Genesis 1

1b2) as a division of time

1b2a) a working day, a day’s journey

1c) days, lifetime (plural)

1d) time, period (general)

1e) year

1f) temporal references

1f1) today

1f2) yesterday

1f3) tomorrow

Part of Speech: noun masculine

A Related Word by BDB/Strong’s Number: from an unused root meaning to be hot

H3118 is a 24 hour period.

Night is interesting..

H3915

לַיְלָה לֵיל לַיִל

layil lêyl layelâh

lah'-yil, lale, lah'-yel-aw

From the same as H3883; properly a twist (away of the light), that is, night; figuratively adversity: - ([mid-]) night (season).

Total KJV occurrences: 233

Sounds like a happening or interruption? Of some kind during the day that caused adversity to seperate night from day. The rebellion in heaven?

Am not a scholar by any means but I find this thread interesting.

K

KnowMe

Very brite minds acting dumb
A few of your posts had no quote in them, So I was asking a general question. I was wondering if you responded to someone I had blocked..

You seem awful defensive there
No,
crossnote put a sad face on my post, it was a reference to that.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Bologna you tried to bash me with scripture, now your creating diversion, I don’t believe a word you say.
Two verses, and I am bashing?? Sounds like a bit of conviction set in, which is good.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
1 1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 The earth was unformed and void, darkness was on the face of the deep, and the Spirit of God hovered over the surface of the water. 3 Then God said, “Let there be light”; and there was light. 4 God saw that the light was good, and God divided the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. So there was evening, and there was morning, one day.

I don't know if these things are correct by 2 pillars, and my view has always been the gap (truth). 😉 But it seems plausible that light could of been more than 12 hours in eternity. Was time even put into action here?

And the reason why I think this is because Day ...

H3117

יום

yôm

BDB Definition:

1) day, time, year

1a) day (as opposed to night)

1b) day (24 hour period)

1b1) as defined by evening and morning in Genesis 1

1b2) as a division of time

1b2a) a working day, a day’s journey

1c) days, lifetime (plural)

1d) time, period (general)

1e) year

1f) temporal references

1f1) today

1f2) yesterday

1f3) tomorrow

Part of Speech: noun masculine

A Related Word by BDB/Strong’s Number: from an unused root meaning to be hot

H3118 is a 24 hour period.

Night is interesting..

H3915

לַיְלָה לֵיל לַיִל

layil lêyl layelâh

lah'-yil, lale, lah'-yel-aw

From the same as H3883; properly a twist (away of the light), that is, night; figuratively adversity: - ([mid-]) night (season).

Total KJV occurrences: 233

Sounds like a happening or interruption? Of some kind during the day that caused adversity to seperate night from day. The rebellion in heaven?

Am not a scholar by any means but I find this thread interesting.
There are a lot of speculative theories that try to base on one verse or a space between two verses. I believe the safer approach is to go with what is clearly expressed. An example of sound interpretation is to ask 'how is this word day used elsewhere in Scripture in the context of (evening/morning) and/or (night/day).
BTW, Thanks for your decent form of communication.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
There are a lot of speculative theories that try to base on one verse or a space between two verses. I believe the safer approach is to go with what is clearly expressed. An example of sound interpretation is to ask 'how is this word day used elsewhere in Scripture in the context of (evening/morning) and/or (night/day).

That may be true of some things crossnote, but I know for a fact that there are writings that the Jews have that teach on these matters.

I used to read writings from Rabbi's whose knowledge of their language goes way beyond Strongs. 😀

I wish the church at large was more open to hearing from them. And these posts sound similar to some things I've read. Some is new though too.

It's good to read but we can't declare it unless we see it too. Just like everything else.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Genesis 1&2 is an Outline of ALL of the events leading to the Creation of the Perfect Heaven.
There is no need to manufacture your own theology.

Genesis 1 & 2 are an extremely abbreviated version of the six literal 24-hour days of creation. While the first chapter is an overview, the second chapter expands on the creation of mankind -- Adam, Eve, and the Garden of Eden -- and their relation to creation. The next chapter presents the Fall, so the "perfect" heavens and earth will be in the future, after the earth and its atmosphere have been thoroughly and supernaturally burned up for purification.

2 PETER 3
3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,
4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.
5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:
6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:
7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.
8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.
14Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.
15And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
That may be true of some things crossnote, but I know for a fact that there are writings that the Jews have that teach on these matters.

I used to read writings from Rabbi's whose knowledge of their language goes way beyond Strongs. 😀

I wish the church at large was more open to hearing from them. And these posts sound similar to some things I've read. Some is new though too.

It's good to read but we can't declare it unless we see it too. Just like everything else.
If I recall, Jesus had to rebuke many of the Scribes and their traditions. Even the Jews have different schools of thought amongst themselves. Being Jewish doesn't give one a ticket to flawless interpretation, but having the Author abiding in us surely helps :) .

Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. (1Co 2:12)
Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. (1Co 2:13)
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. (1Co 2:14)

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
Also, the software e-sword has the King James Concordance that you can download and it lists all the words with the same definition.

It makes it so much easier than my early days of study having to find them and list them myself.

Just in case you don't have it.

www.e-sword.net

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
If I recall, Jesus had to rebuke many of the Scribes and their traditions. Even the Jews have different schools of thought amongst themselves. Being Jewish doesn't give one a ticket to flawless interpretation, but having the Author abiding in us surely helps :) .

Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. (1Co 2:12)
Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. (1Co 2:13)
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. (1Co 2:14) ]

Oh, yes I agree. Holy Spirit is our teacher and He leads us to truth. I've had a lot of questions for Him. Lol

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
I can't fix this. Somehow my response got included in your post. Sorry.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Also, the software e-sword has the King James Concordance that you can download and it lists all the words with the same definition.

It makes it so much easier than my early days of study having to find them and list them myself.

Just in case you don't have it.

www.e-sword.net
Thanks, but I have lotsa bible softwares e.g. BibleWorks, OliveTree, SwordSearcher, Accordance, Etc., and yes E-sword.

Mar 28, 2016
If 'morning and evening one day' mean anything it means what it says...one day. It is the compromisers with secularism and evolution that try to fit in and try to give the bible credence amongst cultures 'Intelligentsia'...that is being dishonest and a sellout to God's plain Word.
I would offer. One day equals 24 hours. 12 hours of day light called day, used to represent that which is good, and 12 hours of darkness called night to be used to represent evil . Together 24 Hours called one day.

Days 1-3, the glory of the lord was revealed for 12 hours and for 12 hours he concealed that light. Day four The switch came on . The temporal time clock started ticking Day four. and the Sun became the light to govern the day and the moon the reflected or reprepresntiive glory to govern the night.

Interestingly, it would seem the word three is used in the language of the bible to represent the end of the matter .It would seem to be the case in Genesis also, three days to establish his law. The Sun is not the source of spirit life. A common pagan tradition. .

And the evening and the morning were the third day.And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years: And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so. And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth, And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good. And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.Genesis1:13-19

In the new order it will revert back to the first three day order . But no darkness needed to be used to represent evil

And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it. And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the "glory of God" did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof. And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there.And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it. And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maket Revelation 21:22-24