Understanding our government...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 18, 2013
Heh funny video. This is actually a satirical piece done by The Onion (note the Onion logo imitating the C in C-SPAN.)

Here is an article by Snopes confirming the video in the OP is indeed merely a funny piece of satire.
snopes.com: H.R 8791 - Homeland Terrorism Preparedness Bill

Heh don't feel too bad though The Onion is famous for their satire. In late 2012 The Onion even fooled China into publishing an article where the Chinese government and its world infamous media censors actually believed that America had actually named Kim Jong-Un as sexiest man alive and in believing this created their own fawning tribute to Kim until they realized it was a joke and swiftly made that disappear lol.

Here's the links to the Onion satire article for the Kim Jong-Un spoof and the Real media exposure of the satirical hoax that fooled the East and made many chuckle.

Kim Jong-Un Named The Onion's Sexiest Man Alive For 2012 [UPDATE] | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

Onion: We just fooled the Chinese government! - CNN.com

Last edited:
W

Watching4Him

Amazing production! But you have to admit - its not as far fetched as we would hope...

Jul 12, 2013
Spooky Truth!

[video=youtube;lQoixkM_2u4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQoixkM_2u4[/video]

:cool:

Jul 12, 2013
62 Execution Warrants?

THE CLINTON BODY-COUNT

"The following is a partial list of a large number of persons who have recently met their demise in suspicious circumstances who appear to have some connection to the Clintons. I stress partial because new additions are coming in faster than closets can be found to hide the bodies in!"

Jan 9, 2014
BILL CLINTON WAS A GREAT PRESIDENT....THE ECONOMY WAS GOOD....WE WERE NOT AT WAR....AND YOU COULD STILL GET 32 OUNCE BIG GULPS IN MANHATTAN....WHATEVER HE DID WITH HIS CIGARS IN HIS RECREATIONAL TIME IS BETWEEN HIM, HILARY, AND GOD....AND IF YOUR WAITING FOR SOMEONE TO FALL OUT THE SKY AND LEAD YOU THE RIGHT WAY....HEY BUDDY....THAT HASNT HAPPENED SINCE THE VIRGIN BIRTH......AND EVEN THEM SOME COMPLAINED....LORD KNOWS. :eek:

F

felicecan

This short classroom scene illustrates how the government uses their authority today, for oppression and deception.
2 + 2 = 5 :eek: :confused: :( :mad:
[video=youtube;HTjM6S-kOmg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTjM6S-kOmg[/video]

P

preacha24_7

Are government is messed up right now. Several states have passed laws that support gay marriage. I also heard that gay people be trying to adopt kids. That's really sick. It seems like gay people have more rights than Christians do. I guess we need to start praying that some Christians will get in the white house so our government can make better desiscions. The bible says that evil is to be exposed. Ephesians 5:11 and have nothing to do with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them. New king James version preacha 24_7

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
BILL CLINTON WAS A GREAT PRESIDENT....THE ECONOMY WAS GOOD....WE WERE NOT AT WAR....AND YOU COULD STILL GET 32 OUNCE BIG GULPS IN MANHATTAN....WHATEVER HE DID WITH HIS CIGARS IN HIS RECREATIONAL TIME IS BETWEEN HIM, HILARY, AND GOD....AND IF YOUR WAITING FOR SOMEONE TO FALL OUT THE SKY AND LEAD YOU THE RIGHT WAY....HEY BUDDY....THAT HASNT HAPPENED SINCE THE VIRGIN BIRTH......AND EVEN THEM SOME COMPLAINED....LORD KNOWS. :eek:
QUOTE:

"Bill Clinton was a great President"

END QUOTE:

??? well, ok, compared to Obama and the Peanut Farmer maybe.......

As for the economy? Not until the Republicans swept to power in the two Houses of Congress.........then Clinton was forced to accept their ideas for addressing the economy.

You might want to recheck that "there was not a war" comment................... :) just saying........History disagrees with you.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Are government is messed up right now. Several states have passed laws that support gay marriage. I also heard that gay people be trying to adopt kids. That's really sick. It seems like gay people have more rights than Christians do. I guess we need to start praying that some Christians will get in the white house so our government can make better desiscions. The bible says that evil is to be exposed. Ephesians 5:11 and have nothing to do with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them. New king James version preacha 24_7
A Christian in the White House would not be enough...........you would also need at least 60 to 62 in the US Senate, and about 225 in the House of Representatives.........then you would need for at least 5 sitting Justices from SCOTUS to leave so they could be replaced with Christians...........THEN you might have a chance...........

As for me, I figure the Lion of Judah will be back before all of the above transpires.......but, hey, you never know.

B

biscuit

It is really up to the parents to mold their children into the Christian kingdom, and most are doing a pathetic job. And we wonder why our children are being brainwashed by the establishment. For example, unless the children are molded into true Christian, most will wind up worshipping Hollywood and the secular world. Sorry, it will get a lot worse for christians before it gets better, and the Bible is my witness. While most faithful Christians will be raptured, the lost Christians will have to battle the Antichrist & False Prophet during the Tribulation Hour. Jesus will give all a second chance to accept Him, including lost Christians .... but millions will die in the process. Therefore, Christians will not get a break until the Second Coming and the Millenial Rule. Our best bet is to pray hard for Jesus' return and wait for the rapture of the Church.