Unforgivable Sin

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

roaringkitten

What I know as the gospel has been being taught as truth for over 2000 years. The garbage that you teach has only been around for 500 years, this is a fact, you tend to dodge this or act like its not true even though I have supplied documentation. The things you teach will send people to hell and your interpritation of the gospel is straight from satan. The fact that the moderators refuse to do anything about you leading people to hell leads me to believe that they have the same views of will tollerate lies, either way I no longer value my membership at CC. Thank you and God Bless.

You have never proven it to be a fact, in fact you made a straw-man argument....The Scriptures prove that those who think salvation is a drawn out process like catholics do(ie works, water baptism, etc) PROVE they are headed to the lake of fire! I dont condemn them, the Word does! Take it up with God if you dont like it...

T

thefightinglamb

I do believe if you teach debauchery and that you can live both in debachuary and be saved; you are like the prophets crying "Peace, Peace" where there is no peace...

Now to tackle the subject in hand, I believe the unforgiveable sin to be a denial or refusing to love...Someone can ask how can love be a law? Thats because its both free and life giving... So I think this to be the unforgiveable sin, the pharisees didn't love and refused to, so how could saving that state be anything but hell?

To be without love and in heaven would still be hell...

Peace, dwell in love
tony

T

thefightinglamb

But then again, I have rethought over this question...

And what if the unforgiveable sin was believing yourself saved though you were on a path to hell?

What I am trying to say is this: Jesus corrected the Pharisees in the gospel of John saying that he came to bring light to the blind and to take away the light of those who see...the pharisees responded, surely we are not blind? Jesus responds if you were blind you would not be guilty but as you claim to see your guilt remains...

How can you save someone that believes they are already saved?

For example, how can Jesus save a hindu if the hindu believes that he is already saved as a hindu?

This goes deeper into Christian culture; how can you convince someone to follow Christ when they think they already are?

Just thoughts
God bless
tony

A

Abing

But then again, I have rethought over this question...

And what if the unforgiveable sin was believing yourself saved though you were on a path to hell?

What I am trying to say is this: Jesus corrected the Pharisees in the gospel of John saying that he came to bring light to the blind and to take away the light of those who see...the pharisees responded, surely we are not blind? Jesus responds if you were blind you would not be guilty but as you claim to see your guilt remains...

How can you save someone that believes they are already saved?

For example, how can Jesus save a hindu if the hindu believes that he is already saved as a hindu?

This goes deeper into Christian culture; how can you convince someone to follow Christ when they think they already are?

Just thoughts
God bless
tony
that makes sense

E

eagleheart

Abing
Forget the opinions of men,they are usually wrong,and can deceive you,Stay with Gods Word,you cant go wrong!
Mark 3:28-29 He that shall blaspheme against the Holy Spirit has no forgiveness! Jesus was speaking to saved and unsaved, So just believe Jesus,it is His Word.
Your questions
1.Is it possible for a christian not to sin?
Yes it is possible! Jesus told the woman taken in
adultery,I forgive you,Go and sin no more!

james 1: 14-15 Galatians 5:16 Walk in the Spirit
and you will not fullfill the lusts of the flesh. How
many christians are walking in the Spirit?

2. Your second question involves apostacy,
Hebrews 6:4-6, i Timothy 4:1,only a christian
can have biblical faith

3.Who can commit the unforgivable sin?
The pharisees charged Jesus with the works of
God as the works of satan(pharisees unsaved)
verse 28 these are saved(only christians can be
forgiven) So Jesus is speaking to both saved
and unsaved,

A saved man lied to the Holy Spirit,and droped
dead! Where was the Holy Spirit? In Peter!

Acts 5:1-5
There are so called christians today who say
that speaking in tongues is of the devil. If you
are a christian with the Holy Spirit with the
scriptural evidence of speaking in tongues,be
careful how you witness to a christian who does
not have the Holy Spirit,that he does not
blaspheme the Holy Spirit who dwells within you.

question 1. continued Romans 6:1-7 also with
God,all things are possible,and thru faith in God
all things are possible to us!
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things(not sin) thru

Christ Jesus who strengthens me, Praise God!

Jan 31, 2009
What a clever way to ask about once saved always saved but once again I say

Eph 4:30And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are SEALED UNTO the day of redemption.

God sealed my salvation , I can not open what God has closed, if you say you can, than you are saying that you are greater than God, I will Not say that I can undo what God has sealed, for I also read in the Bible what happened to the last being that tried to raise Himself above God.

Ro 8:34Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.Ro 8:35Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?Ro 8:36As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.Ro 8:37Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

Jan 31, 2009
What a clever way to ask about once saved always saved but once again I say

Eph 4:30And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are SEALED UNTO the day of redemption.

God sealed my salvation , I can not open what God has closed, if you say you can, than you are saying that you are greater than God, I will Not say that I can undo what God has sealed, for I also read in the Bible what happened to the last being that tried to raise Himself above God.

Ro 8:34Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.Ro 8:35Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?Ro 8:36As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.Ro 8:37Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

And I am not saying that I can lose my salvation if I raise myself above God but Rather God will turn me over to the last one that did this, to destory the flesh that I might be saved. Just as He will anyone of His children, He will give us over to satan rather than allow us to walk away from His eternal promise of our eternal salvation.

1co 5:5To deliver such an one unto SATAN for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

L

linda1

Awesome, I think this is a great response.

S

Sinnner

To act as if one is going to heaven because ONCE they believed, ONCE they prayed a prayer in the past is absolutely foolish. To belive these things is to say that you only needed Jesus once and now no longer need him. You go right ahead but why not try and not take as many people down with you as you can. I still need Jesus and his saving grace.

J

juspekatzus

eyes wide open, we are in rev!

M

Miah45

Abing
Forget the opinions of men,they are usually wrong,and can deceive you,Stay with Gods Word,you cant go wrong!
Oh if only that were true! LOL :) we're always going wrong with God's word! :)

anyway carry on!

A

Abing

Oh if only that were true! LOL :) we're always going wrong with God's word! :)

anyway carry on!
not as wrong as with men
but lol its men who makes it wrong

Josh

Banned
May 30, 2008
A true Believer cant sin Romans 8: 1 says

¶ [There is] therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
ROMANS 8:2
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

However we do make mistakes, which we repent daily as paul said when i try to do good wrong is always there.

On the unforgivable sin, Jesus when was on earth was the SON OF MAN meaning a PROPHET.
In St John 14:17-20 Jesus speaks of the Holy Ghost who was to come was the same man the disciples were living with:

JOHN 14:18
[Even] the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

JOHN 14:18
18 ¶ I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

JOHN 14:19
19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.

JOHN 14:20
20 At that day ye shall know that I [am] in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

Then the same word and manifestation that Jesus had were to be with the disciples. and any one who could call that word in the disciples or manifestation OF THE DEVIL actually was blaspheming the Holy Ghost.

The same today, Paul said Acts 13:41 " Behold, ye despisers, and wonder, and perish: for I work a work in your days, a work which ye shall in no wise believe, though a man declare it unto you.

This work the Lord is doing to day but even after it had been declared by The 7th Messenger of Revelation 10:7 who is the promised Elijah of Malachi 4:5-6. but all his message being trashed i think this might be what Jesus was talking of.

Calling what is of God, of the devil even after God vindicating it beyond doubt that its from Him.

Dec 24, 2008
Sorry I have not gotten back to you yet , but I will write you back soon. I will show you what God's Word says on this subject -- and I will write you back personally.

Mark

J

juspekatzus

His sheep hear his voice and will not listen to or obey another. For it is imposible once we have heard him, and tasted the goodness of his spirit in this world, and what we will partake in the world to come, to fall away, and then come back to repentance. For in doing so we put Christ back on the cross, thereby putting him again to open shame. hebrews6:4-6
Therefore lets now move from the sincere milk of the word, to the power of his word. For our father has laid up for us all things his son did, for this time.Though his son we will open the eyes of the blind,the deaf shall hear, and the oppressed will be set free! For he is ready to open the heavens and pour down his goodness on all his sheep! While the world distroys its own, lets come together, standing in agreement as one family under our father in Christ/ staying in the power of his word!
For the days are shortened, and the serpent is at work. What was once good is now concidered evil, and what was once evil, is now concidered good.
He carried and was nailed to the cross, once and once only. Crucifing all our sins with him past,present and future! For whom the son sets free, is free indeed!,

M

Miah45

not as wrong as with men
but lol its men who makes it wrong
YEah! :) I was in the civil war museum the other day and they had a section on one of the main guys (who was known to be slightly whacko)

He justified killing people in the war by quoting Hebrews "without the shedding of blood their can be no remission of sins"

We know that now as stupid.. but makes you wonder what we will be saying in 100 years about some of other ideas...? :)

But seriously... if we're going 'off piste' with this scripture NOT being about attributing the work of the Holy Spirit to the Devil.. then we're ruling out a LOT of people from Salvation, and the statistics of people out there who have since come to the Lord from this position I think will really challenge this current thought.. (Jesus IS saving TONS of muslims and hindu's who believe they are 'saved'.. and he's also doing it a lot of the time without our 'help'.:) Do you know how many muslims have come to the Lord in recent years through divine appearance in mosques and in people's dreams!??! It's A LOT!)

Status
Not open for further replies.