Unforgiveness

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

88

Senior Member
Nov 14, 2016
3,517
77
48
Prayers not getting through?----People not showing you much grace??---- Check your heart (iunforgiveness)----Are you treating people graciously??? Time for an oil change....
 
Prayers not getting through?----People not showing you much grace??---- Check your heart (iunforgiveness)----Are you treating people graciously??? Time for an oil change....

I find when these things arise (people not showing grace, praying with no answer) I turn to God and ask Him what I need to learn from the situation.

Yes, sometimes He shows me that I need to grow in compassion for others. Sometimes He shows me that I need to develop patience and He is working on me trusting Him more. Sometimes He says I simply need to let go of seeking human approval and be okay with being in last place. Sometimes He reminds me that I could never fully understand His ways and to stop trying to apply human reasoning to the issue. I could go on and on...

We all know there is so much to be learned in our personal Christian walk. When I apply a specific formula to life (if I am experiencing ABC, try XYZ, and expect resolve) it seems to leave me disappointed. Rather, I prefer to turn to God, give it to Him, ask for guidance, rely on His understanding (throw my human rationalizations in the garbage) and wait.

Am I perfect at this? Absolutely not! Do I think this will work for everyone? Nope... Each person has their own relationship with God and He can work within each of us any way He desires. Just simply sharing and building on the thread... Cool stuff to think about!

And yes, I'm constantly in the shop not only for oil changes... I usually need work done to my brakes, gas line, and battery often. Oh... And lotsa body work and paint touch ups after head on collisions. Wondering if there will ever be a day when all will be good with my "car"... Hmmm... Maybe I should just move over to the passenger's side, fasten my seat belt and let Him do the driving ;)
 
Prayers not getting through?----People not showing you much grace??---- Check your heart (iunforgiveness)----Are you treating people graciously??? Time for an oil change....

If I change my oil my prayer life will improve?


What would happen if I bought a whole Jiffy Lube franchise?
 
If I change my oil my prayer life will improve?


What would happen if I bought a whole Jiffy Lube franchise?

You would get sick of seeing me in your shop... Although I could single handedly keep you in business... Lol
 
Prayers not getting through?----People not showing you much grace??---- Check your heart (iunforgiveness)----Are you treating people graciously??? Time for an oil change....

Matthew 6:7-8
7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.

Are vain repetitions like, "give me, give me, give me"?

8 Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.

Ironic that no man can come the to Spirit except but by the Word and and no man can come to the Word except but by the Spirit. I guess that why it is written that the Spirit, Word and Holy Ghost are one.
John 6:44
John 14:6
Luke 11:13
 
Last edited:
Prayers not getting through?----People not showing you much grace??---- Check your heart (iunforgiveness)----Are you treating people graciously??? Time for an oil change....

Truth........
 
Prayers not getting through?----People not showing you much grace??---- Check your heart (iunforgiveness)----Are you treating people graciously??? Time for an oil change....
I changed my oil a couple of weeks ago.