Unhappy in Marriage but want to be!

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lee-Lee

Junior Member
Nov 2, 2017
0
0
0
I am really struggling and just can't find my 'happy place.' My husband is a great guy although of course no one (including myself) is perfect. I work full time and my husband is currently out of work. On weekends he says he is off to have drinks with his friends and I am stuck at home looking after our kids. I feel disempowered but I don't know how to empower myself. If I wasn't a Christian I would just go clubbing and forget all responsibility but I know that that is not right. If I complain then I am just the nagging wife so I have to smile and act like it is all ok. It feels like he lives his life doing whatever he wants and I am a slave to our kids and other responsibilities.

Am I the only one that feels like this????????
 
By the way my title is that I want to be happy but just can't seem to work out how :-(
 
I think you need to call him and let him know how you feel cause keeping it to yourself is bad you will become very on happy in the home. The bibles says and two shall become one. he might not understand what you are going through communication is key in marriage. the lord will guid your home and give you joy in Jesus name Amen
 
A wife speaking her mind on an important matter is not a nag. You are not nitpicking little things, but rather you're talking about your personal happiness and the way that your marriage functions. These are not small things.
Having a discussion with your husband about alternating weekends could be one solution. He goes out one weekend, you go out the next.
My advice, quit trying to be a "proper" wife by non-biblical standards and start being proactive about saving your marriage. Because that's going to be where this heads if not dealt with.
Speaking up on important issues is not nagging. Seeking resolution and solutions is wisdom. You can't do that if you hide behind a false sense of "not nagging".
I would suggest you look into a more accurate definition of nagging.
 
lee it a cross and you need to carry it with care. for every child of god has one cross or another. just pray harder and the lord shall see you true through his son jesus christ