United Methodists face vote on LGBTQ issues

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

SpoonJuly

The fact that this is even being considered tells me where they are right now.
Very sad.

Sipsey

Sep 27, 2018
The fact that this is even being considered tells me where they are right now.
Very sad.
I’m afraid that when churches are run like corporations, they care more about tithing than souls.

S

SpoonJuly

I’m afraid that when churches are run like corporations, they care more about tithing than souls.
Some years ago the local Methodist church closed its doors because of "headquarters" ignored the wishes of the local congregation.
Sent a young single lady to pastor a bunch of old fashion country folks.
She was rejected and those old fashion folks left.

Sipsey

Sep 27, 2018
Some years ago the local Methodist church closed its doors because of "headquarters" ignored the wishes of the local congregation.
Sent a young single lady to pastor a bunch of old fashion country folks.
She was rejected and those old fashion folks left.
I have a similar experience in a small Methodist church. Most of us old folks left it to when they sent a nice but naive woman.

S

SpoonJuly

I have a similar experience in a small Methodist church. Most of us old folks left it to when they sent a nice but naive woman.
Glad us Baptist don't have a "Headquarters".
We make our own "mistakes" in the local congregation.;)

MadHermit

May 8, 2018
I am a retired UMC pastor. An interchurch prayer group I started in that church still continues in a nearby Nazarene church. Over the years we have witnessed many miraculous answers to prayer of the caliber I rarely saw in my former Pentecostal church. Recently, 2 people with large malignant brain tumors were scheduled for surgery until both were miraculously healed. One, an elderly woman, returned to her care giving duties to her ailing husband. The other, sa 28 year old male skeptic, was gloriously converted through his healing and now regularly attends the Methodist church. He even put before and after photos of his brain tumor on Facebook. Rick, a member of our prayer group, recently shared how his non-Christian friend was gloriously saved after he witnessed a 12 year old blind girl restored to sight through prayer. Such testimonies could be multiplied. So please don't stereotype UMC churches!

"I will come to you soon, if the Lord wills, and I will find out not the talk of these arrogant people, but their power. For the kingdom of God depends not on talk, but on power (1 Corinthians 4:19-20),"

K

kaylagrl

I am a retired UMC pastor. An interchurch prayer group I started in that church still continues in a nearby Nazarene church. Over the years we have witnessed many miraculous answers to prayer of the caliber I rarely saw in my former Pentecostal church. Recently, 2 people with large malignant brain tumors were scheduled for surgery until both were miraculously healed. One, an elderly woman, returned to her care giving duties to her ailing husband. The other, sa 28 year old male skeptic, was gloriously converted through his healing and now regularly attends the Methodist church. He even put before and after photos of his brain tumor on Facebook. Rick, a member of our prayer group, recently shared how his non-Christian friend was gloriously saved after he witnessed a 12 year old blind girl restored to sight through prayer. Such testimonies could be multiplied. So please don't stereotype UMC churches!

"I will come to you soon, if the Lord wills, and I will find out not the talk of these arrogant people, but their power. For the kingdom of God depends not on talk, but on power (1 Corinthians 4:19-20),"

I'm hoping you're not speaking to me?

Dec 28, 2016
Our neighbors are UM. I will ask them what they think. She was Baptist then went down the wrong path and became UM...

MadHermit

May 8, 2018
It's the Baptists, not the Methodists, who are facing a far-reaching leadership sex scandal.

S

SpoonJuly

It's the Baptists, not the Methodists, who are facing a far-reaching leadership sex scandal.
No, it is the SBC which represents only some Baptist.
Most Baptist are independent and have no affiliation with the SCB.
Need to check your facts.

MadHermit

May 8, 2018
Nope! Southern Baptists are by far the largest and most representative Baptist denomination.

S

SpoonJuly

Nope! Southern Baptists are by far the largest and most representative Baptist denomination.
They are the largest group but do not represent most Baptist, so do not include all us independent Baptist with their problems.

S

SpoonJuly

Something we all need to be mindful of--------
Be it Methodist, Baptist, or any other group, just because there are a few very evil people in the groups, even in the leadership, does not mean that all are equally evil.
Don't judge the many by the actions of the few.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
Something we all need to be mindful of--------
Be it Methodist, Baptist, or any other group, just because there are a few very evil people in the groups, even in the leadership, does not mean that all are equally evil.
Don't judge the many by the actions of the few.
What groups don't have someone evil? Even Jesus had Judas Iscariot.

Feb 28, 2016
please, un-unite yourselves from the 'world', = the world's definition of WHO IS A CHRISTIAN', and who is not'!!!
try and use your ears and hearts and learn who really belongs/serves our Holy Saviour...

Odelschwanck

Jan 7, 2015
The local Methodist is the closest thing I have to a "my church", not sure if I'll ever want to set foot in one again.

Feb 28, 2016
if we read in our Bibles, we will learn what the word 'UNITED' actually means, and how to achieve it...