Update on Colton

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Did Colton used to be a member here? I am glad to hear he is okay... and
pray he never opts for that permanent solution to a temporary problem.

RedeemedSoul

Nov 20, 2020
Did Colton used to be a member here? I am glad to hear he is okay... and
pray he never opts for that permanent solution to a temporary problem.
No he was never a member here. He was my friend.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
No he was never a member here. He was my friend.
I wondered because I seem to remember someone with that name or something similar, though the name itself does not show up in any search. I hope Colton gets the help, love, and support he needs to pick himself up and move forward with his life, putting his past mistakes behind him and learning to lean on the love Jesus offers to all who feel wearied and burdened in this life. I do not know the particulars of his situation, but I have been in that place of wanting the pain to end, of there being no escape from the sense of failure, and the guilt and shame that attend such a state of heart and mind. I hope too that he is not one to seek respite in the use of mind and mood altering substances...

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Is Colton Christian?

Matthew 11:28-30
:)

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Unfortunately no. That's something else I've been praying for . Hopefully the Lord will use this to draw Colton closer to Him.
This may be a good time to question him concerning how he feels about Jesus, since even non-believers sometimes have positive sentiments towards Him. You used the word friend in the past tense... are you still friends? Just wondering if you still communicate. Anyways, the search for meaning and purpose must be fairly forefront in his mind to feel as he does in taking such measures. Sincerely seeking after truth is rewarded as promised by God. It's a bit of a paradox because at the same time God knows we are not really looking for HIM. Well, most aren't, and that is a Scriptural truth. But sincerely seeking is still rewarded. Jesus is the embodiment of Truth. It is the indwelling of the Holy Spirit of God which brings a total spiritual change in people's lives. Many do not want to seek Jesus... preconceived ideas about religion in general, and Christianity in particular, and even about God, not knowing Him personally, are primary reasons for this, and Scripture tells us too, that the natural man (one without the indwelling of the Holy Spirit of God) is hostile toward God. Do you think Colton would be open to discussing matters pertaining to Christ with you? I know when I was a non-believer, I loved talking about God with those who were willing, and trying to figure it all out. Seeking was one of the greatest adventures of my life :)

RedeemedSoul

Nov 20, 2020
This may be a good time to question him concerning how he feels about Jesus, since even non-believers sometimes have positive sentiments towards Him. You used the word friend in the past tense... are you still friends? Just wondering if you still communicate. Anyways, the search for meaning and purpose must be fairly forefront in his mind to feel as he does in taking such measures. Sincerely seeking after truth is rewarded as promised by God. It's a bit of a paradox because at the same time God knows we are not really looking for HIM. Well, most aren't, and that is a Scriptural truth. But sincerely seeking is still rewarded. Jesus is the embodiment of Truth. It is the indwelling of the Holy Spirit of God which brings a total spiritual change in people's lives. Many do not want to seek Jesus... preconceived ideas about religion in general, and Christianity in particular, and even about God, not knowing Him personally, are primary reasons for this, and Scripture tells us too, that the natural man (one without the indwelling of the Holy Spirit of God) is hostile toward God. Do you think Colton would be open to discussing matters pertaining to Christ with you? I know when I was a non-believer, I loved talking about God with those who were willing, and trying to figure it all out. Seeking was one of the greatest adventures of my life :)
Unfortunately we had a falling out and we haven't spoken in two months. I pray that the Lord sends people his way who can communicate and reach him better than me.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Unfortunately we had a falling out and we haven't spoken in two months. I pray that
the Lord sends people his way who can communicate and reach him better than me.
Perhaps your falling out with him contributed to his feelings of hopelessness. I do not say that to blame you in any way. Reaching out to Colton may be something he would greatly appreciate but feel incapable of doing himself. He obviously needs a lot of help at this time...

He may feel unworthy of anything good.

RedeemedSoul

Nov 20, 2020
Perhaps your falling out with him contributed to his feelings of hopelessness. I do not say that to blame you in any way. Reaching out to Colton may be something he would greatly appreciate but feel incapable of doing himself. He obviously needs a lot of help at this time...
I don't think it contributed because he was the one who pushed me away and blocked me. Maybe one day we'll reconcile.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I don't think it contributed because he was the one who pushed me away and blocked me. Maybe one day we'll reconcile.
It could be a pattern with him. It happens. People push everyone away and then there is nowhere to turn, nowhere to go, nobody is left. I have heard such stories. Some bring it on themselves and then want to end it all because of how their life turned out. Taking personal responsibility is a huge step in recovery. People survive some pretty horrible things and learn to laugh at themselves and their foibles.

It gets better, especially knowing people care.

RedeemedSoul

Nov 20, 2020
It could be a pattern with him. It happens. People push everyone away and then there is nowhere to turn, nowhere to go, nobody is left. I have heard such stories. Some bring it on themselves and then want to end it all because of how their life turned out. Taking personal responsibility is a huge step in recovery. People survive some pretty horrible things and learn to laugh at themselves and their foibles.

It gets better, especially knowing people care.
I tried to warn him and tell him he was going to end up alone. He tried to brush it off by replying"probably". Still I hope the Lord uses this to finally reach him. Colton has been through a lot and has hurts only the Lord can heal.

HeraldtheNews

Apr 26, 2012
Is Colton Christian?

Matthew 11:28-30
:)
Your beautiful art could lift anyone's spirits... I'm sorry to hear of someone's anguish. Depression has different forms none that anyone can climb out alone. This person is welcome to write me. I have many resources that can help. Sometimes people need rescue and that's one reason these forums are here. He might be helped by the movie "Mr. Jones" if warned not to watch the overdramatized asian girl story. It's too sad for such a serious subject.