Uplifting Christian Themed music

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Here's one of the early recorded Christian classics

Oh... if we're talking OLD...

One of the most remarkable recordings I have is when the Hinsons introduced "Our brand new song... The Lighthouse." I was like, whooooa! I was almost afraid to handle the record after that.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Man it's quiet in here.

Well... I represent one less stone that will need to praise God. =^.^=

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
And don't forget... There's no turning back.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
True faith is not a belief in God's power or that God will give me what I want. True faith is trusting a God I know loves me and is paying attention to me. True faith is doing what He says when it doesn't look like what I want, because I trust Him to tell me what is best.

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
True faith is not a belief in God's power or that God will give me what I want. True faith is trusting a God I know loves me and is paying attention to me. True faith is doing what He says when it doesn't look like what I want, because I trust Him to tell me what is best.

Keep them coming Lynx.

I was listening to this song, so decided to post it. It's a classic.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014

A friend in need is a friend indeed
Think twice before you speak to a friend in need
Lend a friend money, he become your enemy
Be wary of friends coming on a bended knee

This song talks about the Bible, and I found it... in a Square Enix video game! :eek:

RolloTamasi

Nov 10, 2021

A friend in need is a friend indeed
Think twice before you speak to a friend in need
Lend a friend money, he become your enemy
Be wary of friends coming on a bended knee

This song talks about the Bible, and I found it... in a Square Enix video game! :eek:

Psalm 37:21

English Standard Version

21 The wicked borrows but does not pay back,
but the righteous is generous and gives;

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Psalm 37:21

English Standard Version

21 The wicked borrows but does not pay back,
but the righteous is generous and gives;
Did you even listen to the song?

BrotherMike

Be Still and Know
Jan 8, 2018
Nothing beats praise and worship for me… spontaneous worship is welcomed as well. These two come to mind recently but there are tons more.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
And this one too! Wow I need to go through my cd collection that’s in storage lol
My CD collection is in storage too, but I ripped them all to computer and I listen to music for hours every day.

Or if you don't have time for all that, just tell Spotify ONE artist you like. I told it I like Sara Groves and it suggested a few other singers that were already in my collection. So I selected those, and Spotify suggested other singers that were also in my collection. Pretty good association, Spotify. :cool:

BrotherMike

Be Still and Know
Jan 8, 2018
My CD collection is in storage too, but I ripped them all to computer and I listen to music for hours every day.

Or if you don't have time for all that, just tell Spotify ONE artist you like. I told it I like Sara Groves and it suggested a few other singers that were already in my collection. So I selected those, and Spotify suggested other singers that were also in my collection. Pretty good association, Spotify. :cool:
I have Apple Music I listen to daily. Those names you posted brought back some memories. I’ll be moving when I get married and will go through a lot then. Any ideas on what to do with over 1000 cds? Lol

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I have Apple Music I listen to daily. Those names you posted brought back some memories. I’ll be moving when I get married and will go through a lot then. Any ideas on what to do with over 1000 cds? Lol
If you ever figure that one out, please let me know. I got more than a thousand myself, and more than two hundred albums of tracks from old records (play album, record audio in computer, chop up into tracks and save.) Don't get me started on the acres of tracks from cassettes.

All I know to do is stash the disks in case the RIAA ever come to get me. "See? SEE!? I DO own this music! Go suck on a lemon!"

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Of course... you could send them to a friendly neighborhood Lynx...

Kidding, kidding! The shipping would be rough for a cargo crate.

BrotherMike

Be Still and Know
Jan 8, 2018
Of course... you could send them to a friendly neighborhood Lynx...

Kidding, kidding! The shipping would be rough for a cargo crate.
Lol yeah and I wonder if they will ever be collectors items?

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Anyone for some upbeat honky-tonk Christian music?

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
No idea. The CD i found is still alive though.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
this one has always been my favourite..but for some strange reason, it is NEVER sung in church.