“By Complying with the COVID-19 Guidelines I Would Be Participating in Terrorism” – VA Nurse Sends Out Letter and Compared the Guidelines as an ‘Act of Terrorism’
PART I
To Whom It May Concern:
I write this letter to explain the reasoning behind my refusal to comply with the protocols and guidelines set forth by the Veterans Administration in performing my duties as a Registered Nurse as it pertains to coronavirus disease of 2019 (COVID-19). This letter will provide insight to my position, as well as solutions that I believe to be reasonable and appropriate actions. Actions that, I believe and hope you will agree, provide improved patient outcomes and the best possible solution to defeat COVID-19.
As an employee of the Fayetteville VA, I have placed the safety and wellbeing of my patients and coworkers often ahead of my own. In times of active shooters or mental health crisis’s I never questioned doing the right thing to protect those around me and at this time, I feel that my actions are needed to ensure that we do the right thing for our families, patients, and peers.
Merriam-Webster’s definition of terror, terrorism, and coerce are as follows:
I believe that by participating in the COVID-19 protocols, I will be intentionally doing harm to those individuals who will be placed in my care, and it will prevent me from practicing a primary duty of advocating for my patients. It is my belief that by forcing my coworkers and I to participate in the COVID-19 protocols, the Veterans Administration is in direct violation of Title 18 US code 373, Solicitation to commit a crime of violence (The United States Department of Justice, 2020 1081. Overview of Solicitation | JM | Department of Justice).
Hermann Goring, a Nazi war criminal said it best, “You can do this in a Nazi regime, socialist, communist, monarchy or democracy; the only thing a government needs to turn the population into slaves is fear. If you can find something to scare them, you can make them do anything you want.” This is a sentiment that I believe to be true. I believe this is where we are today, at the precipice of a tragedy, and I cannot be a part of it.
I know many Americans are living in a state of confusion and fear, fear from dying of COVID-19, fear of vaccination mandates, fear of dying from the vaccines, fear of losing their jobs/ livelihoods, fear by employers of losing workers and an overall fear of an uncertain future. Many of these Americans work or seek care within the Veterans Administration. In the past, we reacted to fear irrationally, we segregated bathrooms, water fountains, swimming pools, by race out of fear. We imprisoned Japanese Americans during WW2 out of fear, actions towards Jews during the 1930’s out of fear, and many more.
Looking back, we can see that this fear was irrational, but to many at the time that fear was very real. Can we not learn from our mistakes in the past? Are we too full of hubris to think that we could be persuaded to let history repeat itself? We read about history and wonder why the people did not stop these atrocities before they occurred. I would ask of anyone who is able to read this to consider what is going on around you at this moment in time as compared to the events leading up to the atrocities in history and what actions could we take to prevent those atrocities from recurring.
We as a people can stop this from happening. Not through violence, hiding or trying to manipulate the system but through civil disobedience. If we were to come together as healthcare workers stop complying with the current COVID-19 guidelines and instead provide accurate information and effective early treatment, would we not be providing the best care to our patients and peers with transparency, honesty, and integrity?
I will not attack the experimental vaccinations, as many believe in the vaccinations and want to be provided with the opportunity to take them. [Note: the vaccines have now been proven to be deadly and should have already been banned] But when have we ever mass vaccinated the entire population of the earth with an experimental vaccine? Many may believe that this would never happen but that is what is taking place now. The President of the United States stated, and I am paraphrasing, that the new normal is for “everyone” to be vaccinated.
I do not believe our staff willingly participates in what I believe to be a campaign of fear to influence our patients. I come from an Infantry background with experience in combat. I have been in situations where my soldiers and I were ambushed and taking constant fire from all directions. When first ambushed, it is chaos and soldiers fight with what weapons they have and on reaction based on training and instinct. I believe this is what happened to our medical community with COVID-19. However, just as in an ambush situation, we must gather ourselves to evaluate our situation, and determine the best way to defeat this enemy. At times like this, we need leadership not blind administrators of policy.
PART I
To Whom It May Concern:
I write this letter to explain the reasoning behind my refusal to comply with the protocols and guidelines set forth by the Veterans Administration in performing my duties as a Registered Nurse as it pertains to coronavirus disease of 2019 (COVID-19). This letter will provide insight to my position, as well as solutions that I believe to be reasonable and appropriate actions. Actions that, I believe and hope you will agree, provide improved patient outcomes and the best possible solution to defeat COVID-19.
As an employee of the Fayetteville VA, I have placed the safety and wellbeing of my patients and coworkers often ahead of my own. In times of active shooters or mental health crisis’s I never questioned doing the right thing to protect those around me and at this time, I feel that my actions are needed to ensure that we do the right thing for our families, patients, and peers.
Merriam-Webster’s definition of terror, terrorism, and coerce are as follows:
- A state of intense and overwhelming fear. Violence or the threat of violence used as a weapon. A very frightening or terrifying aspect
- The systematic use of terror, especially as a means of coercion
- To compel to an act or choice. To achieve by force or threat. To restrain or dominate by force.
I believe that by participating in the COVID-19 protocols, I will be intentionally doing harm to those individuals who will be placed in my care, and it will prevent me from practicing a primary duty of advocating for my patients. It is my belief that by forcing my coworkers and I to participate in the COVID-19 protocols, the Veterans Administration is in direct violation of Title 18 US code 373, Solicitation to commit a crime of violence (The United States Department of Justice, 2020 1081. Overview of Solicitation | JM | Department of Justice).
Hermann Goring, a Nazi war criminal said it best, “You can do this in a Nazi regime, socialist, communist, monarchy or democracy; the only thing a government needs to turn the population into slaves is fear. If you can find something to scare them, you can make them do anything you want.” This is a sentiment that I believe to be true. I believe this is where we are today, at the precipice of a tragedy, and I cannot be a part of it.
I know many Americans are living in a state of confusion and fear, fear from dying of COVID-19, fear of vaccination mandates, fear of dying from the vaccines, fear of losing their jobs/ livelihoods, fear by employers of losing workers and an overall fear of an uncertain future. Many of these Americans work or seek care within the Veterans Administration. In the past, we reacted to fear irrationally, we segregated bathrooms, water fountains, swimming pools, by race out of fear. We imprisoned Japanese Americans during WW2 out of fear, actions towards Jews during the 1930’s out of fear, and many more.
Looking back, we can see that this fear was irrational, but to many at the time that fear was very real. Can we not learn from our mistakes in the past? Are we too full of hubris to think that we could be persuaded to let history repeat itself? We read about history and wonder why the people did not stop these atrocities before they occurred. I would ask of anyone who is able to read this to consider what is going on around you at this moment in time as compared to the events leading up to the atrocities in history and what actions could we take to prevent those atrocities from recurring.
We as a people can stop this from happening. Not through violence, hiding or trying to manipulate the system but through civil disobedience. If we were to come together as healthcare workers stop complying with the current COVID-19 guidelines and instead provide accurate information and effective early treatment, would we not be providing the best care to our patients and peers with transparency, honesty, and integrity?
I will not attack the experimental vaccinations, as many believe in the vaccinations and want to be provided with the opportunity to take them. [Note: the vaccines have now been proven to be deadly and should have already been banned] But when have we ever mass vaccinated the entire population of the earth with an experimental vaccine? Many may believe that this would never happen but that is what is taking place now. The President of the United States stated, and I am paraphrasing, that the new normal is for “everyone” to be vaccinated.
I do not believe our staff willingly participates in what I believe to be a campaign of fear to influence our patients. I come from an Infantry background with experience in combat. I have been in situations where my soldiers and I were ambushed and taking constant fire from all directions. When first ambushed, it is chaos and soldiers fight with what weapons they have and on reaction based on training and instinct. I believe this is what happened to our medical community with COVID-19. However, just as in an ambush situation, we must gather ourselves to evaluate our situation, and determine the best way to defeat this enemy. At times like this, we need leadership not blind administrators of policy.