Vegetable - Cheesy Cauliflower Bake

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

Lost_sheep

I cannot take credit for this recipe. I saw it on an episode of Alton Brown's Good Eats, and copied it from the Food Network. Regardless it's origin, it's very tasty.

Ingredients:

1 TBSP butter
1 large head cauliflower (~ 2 pounds - 32oz)
4 1/2 oz shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup (4 oz) coarse breadcrumbs
1 egg
1 tsp salt
1 tsp dry mustard powder
1/2 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 cup (4 oz) heavy cream

Procedure:

Grease 11" x 7" baking dish (glass works best) with the butter and set aside.

Trim head of cauliflower. Remove all leaves, then remove curds, keeping them large and as intact as possible. Place curds in a microwave-safe bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Place in microwave and cook on HIGH for 4-5 minutes. After microwave goes DING, leave in microwave for an additional 4-5 minutes, then remove from microwave and set on counter for an additional 4-5 minutes (total time 12-15 minutes).

While cauliflower is cooking, combine breadcrumbs, spices, egg and 4oz of the shredded cheese in a large bowl. After mixing, put the 4oz of heavy cream in a measuring cup and microwave on HIGH for 30 seconds. Add warm/hot cream to the breadcrumb mixture and stir to combine.

Get a clean kitchen towel and lay it out on your counter. One or two at a time, put a cauliflower curd in the middle of the towel and then using the towel to protect your hands, rub them between your hands to break them up into tiny bits. Discard any stringy bits of stem. Add broken cauliflower curds to the breadcrumb mixture and stir to combine everything thoroughly. Spread the mixture into the baking dish and place into a 400 degree (F) oven for 30 minutes. Remove from oven, add the last of the cheese to the top, then return to oven for 5-10 more minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly.

*I've seen veggie-hating kids eat this willingly and ask for seconds.*

mar09

Sep 17, 2014
So how many servings is this... i'd love to make some of these posted, but see some ingredients just 'cost' around here, like cheese, cream... Oh, now it sinked in, 4 1/2 oz, not cups, hehe, but still i often have to reduce many ingredients, esp sugar when cooking. \Btw, is it possible to post volume in ml for we have to convert oz, and that takes minutes!

L

Lost_sheep

So how many servings is this... i'd love to make some of these posted, but see some ingredients just 'cost' around here, like cheese, cream... Oh, now it sinked in, 4 1/2 oz, not cups, hehe, but still i often have to reduce many ingredients, esp sugar when cooking. \Btw, is it possible to post volume in ml for we have to convert oz, and that takes minutes!
The recipe serves approximately 4 people. In the future when I post recipes, I will provide both SI and Imperial measurements so people all over can utilize them.

H

HappyNewYear2016

Thanks mar09, because i do not understand pounds or oz, lol but litre and mililiters.

L

Lost_sheep

I am going to try this. I have had a thing for cauliflower this past year, what a great vegetable! I love it in soup, and hot pickled. This is an amazing dish, fairly easy to make also, hope I can post the link right :)

Cauliflower Rice Lettuce Cups with Sriracha Peanut Sauce
My intake of vegetables has gone way, way up in the past year or more. I'm not getting younger, and I've been wanting to eat better, so I've been eating more veggies and less hard proteins. More fruits, less refined sugars. More raw veggies and less potato chips.

I'm still about 30-40 pounds overweight, but I'll get it trimmed off.

L

LiJo

I cannot take credit for this recipe. I saw it on an episode of Alton Brown's Good Eats, and copied it from the Food Network. Regardless it's origin, it's very tasty.

Ingredients:

1 TBSP butter
1 large head cauliflower (~ 2 pounds - 32oz)
4 1/2 oz shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup (4 oz) coarse breadcrumbs
1 egg
1 tsp salt
1 tsp dry mustard powder
1/2 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 cup (4 oz) heavy cream

Procedure:

Grease 11" x 7" baking dish (glass works best) with the butter and set aside.

Trim head of cauliflower. Remove all leaves, then remove curds, keeping them large and as intact as possible. Place curds in a microwave-safe bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Place in microwave and cook on HIGH for 4-5 minutes. After microwave goes DING, leave in microwave for an additional 4-5 minutes, then remove from microwave and set on counter for an additional 4-5 minutes (total time 12-15 minutes).

While cauliflower is cooking, combine breadcrumbs, spices, egg and 4oz of the shredded cheese in a large bowl. After mixing, put the 4oz of heavy cream in a measuring cup and microwave on HIGH for 30 seconds. Add warm/hot cream to the breadcrumb mixture and stir to combine.

Get a clean kitchen towel and lay it out on your counter. One or two at a time, put a cauliflower curd in the middle of the towel and then using the towel to protect your hands, rub them between your hands to break them up into tiny bits. Discard any stringy bits of stem. Add broken cauliflower curds to the breadcrumb mixture and stir to combine everything thoroughly. Spread the mixture into the baking dish and place into a 400 degree (F) oven for 30 minutes. Remove from oven, add the last of the cheese to the top, then return to oven for 5-10 more minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly.

*I've seen veggie-hating kids eat this willingly and ask for seconds.*

Thanks for sharing this recipe, sounds delicious!!!