Verse for "once saved always saved"?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Scriptureplz

Yes, and of those washed (made righteous), it will still be hard for people in this group to be saved, some will not make it.
Sounds to me like you have not believed. You're not "made righteous" until you do!

P

PurerInHeart

P

PurerInHeart

The scripture in 1Peter about judgment in the house of God must come first is a beautiful promise of the sealing of God's people off before judgment comes.

1 Peter 4:17-18 (KJV)
[SUP]17 [/SUP] For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

[SUP]18 [/SUP] And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?

Notice this is addressing about those that do not obey the gospel which is to believe in Christ.

Peter was the apostle to the Hebrews...It is a hebrewism from Eze 9 in which they had set aside the jewish elders and marked them before judgment came..these ones were saved from the judgment....all Jewish people would know of this truth.

In other words we get protected/marked by the Spirit of God before judgment comes to protect us..but ti starts at the house of God first..It's awesome!! it's a beautiful picture of us.. We have a good, good Father! and a mighty salvation in Jesus our Lord!

You can lose your seal.

When someone has their name written in the Lamb's book of life they are saved. However, God warns that if they do such and such, He will blot out their name from the Book. (Revelation 22:19).

(Believing is not how we obey the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ).

S

Scriptureplz

Yes it is spiritual rest now only in the way that we can look forward to it happening.
I think you should listen to McGee to see if you can gain some understanding on this. Unless you think your understanding is true. I think McGee easily shows the error of your thinking if you would just listen though.

E

eternally-gratefull

You can lose your seal.

When someone has their name written in the Lamb's book of life they are saved. However, God warns that if they do such and such, He will blot out their name from the Book. (Revelation 22:19).

(Believing is not how we obey the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ).
Everyone's name at one time is written in the book of life. That occurred because of the cross as Jesus paid fo rthe sin of the whole world.

If we die having rejected that gift, Then we are erased from that book

E

eternally-gratefull

Yes, and of those washed (made righteous), it will still be hard for people in this group to be saved, some will not make it.

WHat?

If your washed your in, ALL of them will make it.

How can you who has been washed by Gods blood not make it?

That makes no sense.

It is those who try to wash themselves by human good who will not make it.. You cant wash yourself.

Dec 1, 2014
Eph. 2:8 I have studied Greek and taught Greek for 20 years, and I have used Wuest's ideas on this verse many times: But I don't see the verse stating that "once a person is saved, it is impossible for them to lose their salvation"
How do people lose their salvation?

Nov 22, 2015

You can lose your seal.

I suppose one could lose "their" seal..if it was them that sealed themselves in the first place,...in the Christians case - it is the Holy Spirit that seals.

S

Scriptureplz

We all know the Lord is faithful on His part, but we can choose to be unfaithful on our part- God won't leave us, but we can leave Him.
No, a believer is bought and paid for with the Blood of the Lamb once for all time!

Nov 22, 2015
Why do we have some unbelieving believers? We need to have our minds renewed to what Christ has already done for us. The righteous shall live by faith!

It's called "good news" for a reason!

Dec 1, 2014
No, a believer is bought and paid for with the Blood of the Lamb once for all time!
I rejoice knowing God will never forsake us, however, we have free will and I believe that means we can walk away from His saving grace in Jesus. Just a gut feeling; hopefully I'm wrong. :)

Nov 22, 2015
I rejoice knowing God will never forsake us, however, we have free will and I believe that means we can walk away from His saving grace in Jesus. Just a gut feeling; hopefully I'm wrong. :)
Amen..He will never leave us nor forsake us. Falling from grace is trying to live from self-effort so I think you are right - we can walk away from grace for living in this earth - but our eternal salvation is safe.

We may walk away from organized church or be stuck in a deception of some sort but as you say Jesus will never leave us nor forsake us! We can get sick in our minds and cause confusion and live from our flesh - in some cases we can die early in life but sin does not touch the new man in Christ created in righteousness and holiness. We will not walk away from Jesus that is in our inner man that is joined with Him as one.

R

Rosesrock

That ^^^^^

and......UTAH!!!!! Hey

Dec 1, 2014
Here's a verse that states once saved always saved: John 5:24

Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life.

S

Scriptureplz

Hebrews 10:14

[SUP]14 [/SUP]For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

If you "walk away", you walk away perfected! :)

E

eternally-gratefull

Hebrews 10:14

[SUP]14 [/SUP]For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

If you "walk away", you walk away perfected! :)
I would think the one who was perfected would never walk away, Because they KNOW the price Christ paid to redeem them, And the reason they were in the spot of needing perfected to begin with. :D

S

Scriptureplz

I would think the one who was perfected would never walk away, Because they KNOW the price Christ paid to redeem them, And the reason they were in the spot of needing perfected to begin with. :D
If we "walk by the Spirit" we will always "know" the price Christ paid. However, unless we are continuing in the knowledge of grace we can lose our sensitivity to the gospel. Yes it is possible to "walk away" and still be saved. That is why Hebrews was written.
Hebrews 10:22-23

[SUP]22 [/SUP]Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.
[SUP]23 [/SUP]Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised)

https://www.blueletterbible.org/audio_video/mcgee_j_vernon/Hbr/Hebrews.cfm

John146

Jan 13, 2016
You would hope, but not every Christian is being discipled properly, not every Christian has a Bible, not every Christian can attend a church, not every Christian has good circumstances to grow in their faith. Some, if not many, get sucked right back into the ways of this world, carnal living.