Verse for "once saved always saved"?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Apr 15, 2017
Despite years of Bible study and talking to many people, I have not yet had anyone show me a verse that clearly says "once saved, always saved?" Is there such a verse in the Bible, or is the doctrine of eternal security a conclusion from study of Scriptural themes and principles?
Let us consider this.

Among those that claim Jesus is Lord and Savior,they have different interpretations among them,although not that many that they disagree on.

Some belittle,and mock those that have different interpretations,and some even say they have a devil.

And I am talking about the people that claim Jesus as Lord and Savior in the right perspective,that He is above all power,principality,and dominion.

So if once saved always saved is true then consider this.

For if once saved always saved is true,and God chose who would be saved,and not saved,without their choice,then God would only work in their lives of those He chose,and would not work in the lives of those He did not choose.

1Co 12:3 Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.

No person calls Jesus Lord,but by the Holy Ghost,so if they claim Jesus as Lord in the right perspective then God is working in their life.

But people that claim Jesus as Lord will argue over their doctrinal differences,and those that say faith alone,and not saved by works,will argue with other people as if they are not saved,but if they say Jesus is Lord then God is working in their life,so they must be once saved always saved too.

If they say saved by works,and a person can lose salvation if they do not act like Christ by the Spirit,and they are wrong in their interpretation of scriptures it would have no bearing on their salvation,for they would be once saved always saved too.

Joh 6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.
Joh 6:45 It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.

No person comes to the Son unless the Father draws them to Him,so if they confess Jesus as Savior then the Father has to be working in their life,so if they have a wrong interpretation of the Bible they would still be saved.

God would only work in the lives of those that are saved if once saved always saved is true,so the people that confess Christ as Lord and Savior,and believe on Him,would be once saved always saved even if they have a wrong interpretation of the Bible.

And this cannot be denied because God is working in their life,and He would only work in their lives of those He chose to be saved.

But people that claim Jesus as Lord and Savior will argue with each other as if the people that disagree with them are not saved.

So the doctrinal differences would not matter to cause them to not have salvation,and they would not lose salvation.

And if the people that believe faith alone,and not saved by works,and once always saved,deny this saying they do not have salvation because they disagree with them would be null and void according to their belief in once saved always saved,for the ones that disagree with them claim Jesus as Lord and Savior which they could not do unless God is working in their life,for the flesh will not accept it.

And if they do say they do not have salvation for disagreeing with them then it tells us this.

They like the divisions,and arguing,and the different denominations,and do not want harmony,but want to exalt themselves like the world,and say we have the truth and you do not,we are the winners.

Because they cannot deny that they have salvation that claim Jesus as Lord and Savior that disagree with them because God is working in their life,and He would only work in the lives of those He chose,for it would serve no purpose to work in the lives of those that He did not choose.

And if they say that they do not have salvation that disagree with them when God is working in their lives,then they will have to admit that they too might not have salvation.

But we have a choice in our salvation for many are called,but few are chosen,and God said He wants all people to repent,and come to the knowledge of the truth,and be saved,and the Lord is not willing that any should perish,but come to the knowledge of the truth,and Jesus lights every person that is born in to this world,which means everybody has the chance to see the light of Jesus and be saved,and the Spirit and bride say,Come,and anybody can have that salvation.

No person can come to the Son unless the Father draws them to Him,so they would of not gotten to the door of truth if God did not intervene in their life when He called them,but God will not force them to be saved,for His kingdom is true love,and they have to walk through the door of truth.

Which is to realize that they can abstain from sins by the Spirit,and act Christlike,and sin does affect their relationship with God,for the Lord knows them that are His having this seal,that everyone that names the name of Christ has to depart from iniquity.

And there is no excuse for if a person hates sin,and does not want sin,then by the Spirit they can abstain from sin.

Joh 6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.
Joh 6:45 It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.

Again no person can say Jesus is the Christ,the Son of the living God,unless He is working in their life.

1Jn 4:2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God.

1Ti 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Again every person that confesses Jesus is come in the flesh is of God,so God must be working in their life.

I confess Jesus as Lord,that He is above all power,principality,and dominion,and He is God manifest in the flesh,the Savior,and believe the death,burial,and resurrection,of Jesus,and that He is the Christ,the Son of the living God.

So God must be working in my life,so if once saved always saved is true,then I must be once saved always saved too,even if I disagree with those that believe that God chose who would be saved,and not saved,without their choice,and it cannot be denied.

But many that believe once saved always saved will argue which testifies that they are of the flesh,and go against their own once saved always saved doctrine.

But we have a choice in our salvation for God's kingdom is love.

E

eternally-gratefull

Not only Judas but any Christian can be reprobate too so OSAS is a lie.

2 Cor. 13:5 Try your own selves if you be in the faith; prove ye yourselves. Know you not your own selves, that Christ Jesus is in you, unless perhaps you be reprobates?

Even Apostle Paul can be cast away so OSAS is a lie

1 Cor. 9:27 But I chastise my body, and bring it into subjection: lest perhaps, when I have preached to others, I myself should become a castaway.

Will God save these people ha? so OSAS is dubious!

Ezekiel 18:24 But if the just man turn himself away from his justice, and do iniquity according to all the abominations which the wicked man useth to work, shall he live? all his justices which he hath done, shall not be remembered: in the prevarication, by which he hath prevaricated, and in his sin, which he hath committed, in them he shall die
Judas was a christian in NAME only.. He was never saved, so your example fails.

These people who may look like christians, or claim to be christians, But they were never born again.

E

eternally-gratefull

I never claimed that I earned eternal life. it is your only perception.
I never said you did, I asked you not to do it. so please learn to read
OSAS will never be a Biblical teaching of Lord Jesus.
OSAS itself may not have been, But eternal security is, If you do not believe in eternal security, You must be trying to earn your salvation. Because you claim something YOU MUST do or you MUST not do helps determine your eternal life.

Ezekiel 18:24 But if the just man turn himself away from his justice, and do iniquity according to all the abominations which the wicked man useth to work, shall he live? all his justices which he hath done, shall not be remembered: in the prevarication, by which he hath prevaricated, and in his sin, which he hath committed, in them he shall die.

Remember that the lake of fire is another death in the Bible.
There are only two deaths

1. Physical

2. Hell

Everyone will suffer number 1 (unless they are resurrected alive) only those who do not believe will suffer the second.

E

eternally-gratefull

Agree but there is also a chance that he can become wicked again. read Ezekiel 18:24 again. In fact Paul can also be a cast away in 1 Cor. 9:27.

So it is not OSAS at all.

I don't think that OSAS will be applied to this kind of man:

Matthew 10:33 But he that shall deny me before men, I will also deny him before my Father who is in heaven.

Salvation is not always save at all.

there is a chance that a Christian can be cast away and denied by the Father someday.
so I can be saved, but not saved at the same time? Explain

LW97

Apr 10, 2018
Let us consider this.

Among those that claim Jesus is Lord and Savior,they have different interpretations among them,although not that many that they disagree on.

Some belittle,and mock those that have different interpretations,and some even say they have a devil.

And I am talking about the people that claim Jesus as Lord and Savior in the right perspective,that He is above all power,principality,and dominion.

So if once saved always saved is true then consider this.

For if once saved always saved is true,and God chose who would be saved,and not saved,without their choice,then God would only work in their lives of those He chose,and would not work in the lives of those He did not choose.

1Co 12:3 Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.

No person calls Jesus Lord,but by the Holy Ghost,so if they claim Jesus as Lord in the right perspective then God is working in their life.

But people that claim Jesus as Lord will argue over their doctrinal differences,and those that say faith alone,and not saved by works,will argue with other people as if they are not saved,but if they say Jesus is Lord then God is working in their life,so they must be once saved always saved too.

If they say saved by works,and a person can lose salvation if they do not act like Christ by the Spirit,and they are wrong in their interpretation of scriptures it would have no bearing on their salvation,for they would be once saved always saved too.

No person comes to the Son unless the Father draws them to Him,so if they confess Jesus as Savior then the Father has to be working in their life,so if they have a wrong interpretation of the Bible they would still be saved.

God would only work in the lives of those that are saved if once saved always saved is true,so the people that confess Christ as Lord and Savior,and believe on Him,would be once saved always saved even if they have a wrong interpretation of the Bible.

And this cannot be denied because God is working in their life,and He would only work in their lives of those He chose to be saved.

But people that claim Jesus as Lord and Savior will argue with each other as if the people that disagree with them are not saved.

So the doctrinal differences would not matter to cause them to not have salvation,and they would not lose salvation.

And if the people that believe faith alone,and not saved by works,and once always saved,deny this saying they do not have salvation because they disagree with them would be null and void according to their belief in once saved always saved,for the ones that disagree with them claim Jesus as Lord and Savior which they could not do unless God is working in their life,for the flesh will not accept it.

And if they do say they do not have salvation for disagreeing with them then it tells us this.

They like the divisions,and arguing,and the different denominations,and do not want harmony,but want to exalt themselves like the world,and say we have the truth and you do not,we are the winners.

Because they cannot deny that they have salvation that claim Jesus as Lord and Savior that disagree with them because God is working in their life,and He would only work in the lives of those He chose,for it would serve no purpose to work in the lives of those that He did not choose.

And if they say that they do not have salvation that disagree with them when God is working in their lives,then they will have to admit that they too might not have salvation.

But we have a choice in our salvation for many are called,but few are chosen,and God said He wants all people to repent,and come to the knowledge of the truth,and be saved,and the Lord is not willing that any should perish,but come to the knowledge of the truth,and Jesus lights every person that is born in to this world,which means everybody has the chance to see the light of Jesus and be saved,and the Spirit and bride say,Come,and anybody can have that salvation.

No person can come to the Son unless the Father draws them to Him,so they would of not gotten to the door of truth if God did not intervene in their life when He called them,but God will not force them to be saved,for His kingdom is true love,and they have to walk through the door of truth.

Which is to realize that they can abstain from sins by the Spirit,and act Christlike,and sin does affect their relationship with God,for the Lord knows them that are His having this seal,that everyone that names the name of Christ has to depart from iniquity.

And there is no excuse for if a person hates sin,and does not want sin,then by the Spirit they can abstain from sin.

Again no person can say Jesus is the Christ,the Son of the living God,unless He is working in their life.

1Jn 4:2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God.

1Ti 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Again every person that confesses Jesus is come in the flesh is of God,so God must be working in their life.

I confess Jesus as Lord,that He is above all power,principality,and dominion,and He is God manifest in the flesh,the Savior,and believe the death,burial,and resurrection,of Jesus,and that He is the Christ,the Son of the living God.

So God must be working in my life,so if once saved always saved is true,then I must be once saved always saved too,even if I disagree with those that believe that God chose who would be saved,and not saved,without their choice,and it cannot be denied.

But many that believe once saved always saved will argue which testifies that they are of the flesh,and go against their own once saved always saved doctrine.

But we have a choice in our salvation for God's kingdom is love.
Yes, God must be working, and according to Philippians 1:6 he won't stop.

Katy-follower

Jun 25, 2011
he was never saved to begin with, proven by the fact he had works with proved his unbelief, even Jesus called him the devil.
His allegiance was with Rome, not Jesus. He was a people pleaser, and never a believer.

The fact he was called the son of perdition says it all. In the scriptures that name was reserved only for 2 people... Judas and the future Antichrist. And the future Antichrist is definitely not saved!

Chester

May 23, 2016
This was before Jesus died on the cross, when there were no Christians yet.
So do you believe that the words of Paul hold more authority and weight for the Christian today than do the words of Jesus in the Gospels?

Chester

May 23, 2016
Yeah, they are ongoing... and they will never be cancelled!

Philippians 1:6 King James Version (KJV)

6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

Yes, amen, for the one abiding and believing in Christ we have the ongoing work of the Holy Spirit and have assurance of salvation in Christ Jesus.

Chester

May 23, 2016
A castaway is a backslidden believer, but not a lost one. And Ezekiel was under the law, not under Grace (John 1:17)
Someone who is believing is a believer. Someone who is not believing is an unbeliever.
A castaway? I sure do not want to be one!

Dec 28, 2016
Someone who is believing is a believer. Someone who is not believing is an unbeliever.
A lot of the reason you come to problematic and unbiblical errors is the fact you think you can come into and out of belief on your own. :)

Chester

May 23, 2016
A lot of the reason you come to problematic and unbiblical errors is the fact you think you can come into and out of belief on your own. :)
Really? I think "that I can come into and out of belief on my own"? That's interesting! LOL! :eek: :confused:

I suppose as is often the case on CC it depends how you interpret an other's words. I actually believe that we come to believe through the working of God's grace in our hearts which allows us to respond in faith to Him.

Chester

May 23, 2016
Its the theme of the whole Bible.

According to the law of faith its either Once Saved Always Saved (OSAS)or Once Lost Always Lost.(OLAL)
I approach the Bible from the standpoint of first interpreting the Scriptures and then from this study to establish the doctrine that I believe.

LW97

Apr 10, 2018
So do you believe that the words of Paul hold more authority and weight for the Christian today than do the words of Jesus in the Gospels?
No, but his words weren't mean for salvation, but for discipleship instead.

LW97

Apr 10, 2018
Jesus that "he that believeth not is condemned already". Not "he that that stops believing is condemned".

LW97

Apr 10, 2018
Also, Hebrews 9:16 must be considered:

For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.

Therefore, the NC did NOT start before Christ died

Chester

May 23, 2016
Jesus that "he that believeth not is condemned already". Not "he that that stops believing is condemned".
LOL! The one that stops believing is also one that "believeth not"! "Believeth not" is the larger group that includes those who have never believed.

Chester

May 23, 2016
No, but his words weren't mean for salvation, but for discipleship instead.
So, if Jesus' words are meant for discipleship and not salvation . . .

Then in John 3 when Jesus talks to Nicodemus about being born again, he is talking about discipleship and not salvation.

And John 3:16 is about discipleship and not salvation? And so what then - Do you believe Jesus was promoting some type of a works religion?

J

joefizz

So, if Jesus' words are meant for discipleship and not salvation . . .

Then in John 3 when Jesus talks to Nicodemus about being born again, he is talking about discipleship and not salvation.

And John 3:16 is about discipleship and not salvation? And so what then - Do you believe Jesus was promoting some type of a works religion?
You effectively "made no sense" just now.