Victorious Living

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Gideon300

Ancient Mariner
Mar 18, 2021
9,880
7,548
113
Frankston, Victoria
christianlife.au
Victory is not something that we must attain. Lord Jesus is victorious and God gives that victory to us (1 Corinthians 15:57). So how do we work out this aspect of salvation? If you struggle with your experience, if you are flooded with doubt, if your life is like a yo-yo, the following may help:

1. Just die. Who takes a dead thief to court? Who jails even a murderer if he dies before he can be locked up? We need to know that God has included us in the death of Christ. (Galatians 2:20)
2. Be buried. This is the true meaning of water baptism. (Romans 6:4)
3. Realise that you are risen with Christ. (Ephesians 2:6)
4. Confess and declare these truths (Romans 10:9)

Romans 10:9 is often used as a salvation text. It is also a verse to carry with us as we go through life.

We need appropriate these truths to ourselves; make them our own. We will not avoid trials. however, we will find strength to endure them. It is essential to start the day with these great truths. And we need to remember that it is only true "in Christ". I did a word study of the expression, "in Christ." I got to 50 before I decided that was enough.

God uses trials to prove to us how useless we are in spiritual things. We are prone to imagine that we are self sufficient. Except we are not. I've failed as much as anyone; perhaps more. I still make mistakes. I've locked myself out of my house twice recently. Just as well my wife has good hearing. And God has enabled me to endure trials with joy beyond understanding. One doctor complained that I was not taking my illness seriously. 30 % death rate? Not when God is for you!

Hebrews tell us to fix our eyes on Jesus. He is the life of all who are born again. Let Him do the living. That's why He came (John 10:10).
 
Victory is not something that we must attain. Lord Jesus is victorious and God gives that victory to us (1 Corinthians 15:57). So how do we work out this aspect of salvation? If you struggle with your experience, if you are flooded with doubt, if your life is like a yo-yo, the following may help:

1. Just die. Who takes a dead thief to court? Who jails even a murderer if he dies before he can be locked up? We need to know that God has included us in the death of Christ. (Galatians 2:20)
2. Be buried. This is the true meaning of water baptism. (Romans 6:4)
3. Realise that you are risen with Christ. (Ephesians 2:6)
4. Confess and declare these truths (Romans 10:9)

Romans 10:9 is often used as a salvation text. It is also a verse to carry with us as we go through life.

We need appropriate these truths to ourselves; make them our own. We will not avoid trials. however, we will find strength to endure them. It is essential to start the day with these great truths. And we need to remember that it is only true "in Christ". I did a word study of the expression, "in Christ." I got to 50 before I decided that was enough.

God uses trials to prove to us how useless we are in spiritual things. We are prone to imagine that we are self sufficient. Except we are not. I've failed as much as anyone; perhaps more. I still make mistakes. I've locked myself out of my house twice recently. Just as well my wife has good hearing. And God has enabled me to endure trials with joy beyond understanding. One doctor complained that I was not taking my illness seriously. 30 % death rate? Not when God is for you!

Hebrews tell us to fix our eyes on Jesus. He is the life of all who are born again. Let Him do the living. That's why He came (John 10:10).
My friend what illness do you have is it cancer? and yes living in victory begins with these truths you have mentioned and I have found that being thankful even throughout all my suffering and trials makes a huge difference

Giving God thanks brings us closer to him and honors him as well and also when you are struggling or suffering giving thanks lets you endure the trials it brings you closer to his domain and it is in that domain that you are given understanding for all your trials and you learn to study under him you make him Lord and he gives his children all power and authority in Christ

Matthew 10:1:
"And when he had called unto him his twelve disciples, he gave them power against unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal all manner of sickness and all manner of disease"