Violent men; Matthew 11:12

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

AnandaHya

I did not read all the posts here, as I wanted to share what first came to mind.
Remember the parable of the land owner?
Where he was away, so he first sent a trusted servent, then a trusted manager, then His own son, believing that certainly they will listen to and obey Him.
The men that had failed to give the shares to the land owner then said to each other, let us kill His son, so thet the inhearitance will be ours!
This is what came to mind when reading the passage you refured to.

In Jesus, God bless.
pickles
Exactly God owns the World not Satan. Satan rules illusions and lies.

loveschild where is the Bible verses about Satan being "prince of the air"?

do you intentionally not read what I wrote and continue to quote Job? IF you are not going to read what I have already written or answer questions why should we continue to converse?

what do YOU think it all means?

H

Hearer

do you intentionally not read what I wrote and continue to quote Job? IF you are not going to read what I have already written or answer questions why should we continue to converse?

Ephesians 2:2
in which you formerly walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, of the spirit that is now working in the sons of disobedience.

A

AnandaHya

Your right Jesus did win over Satan but isn't Satan still ruling the earth? Seems lots of evil going on now. Jesus gave man power to rule over Satan did he not? How many people do you know that rule over Satan here on earth? How could Satan pull as you say down to hell if the people had power over Satan and they are free already from Satan?
Satan was never ruling the earth. that is a lie he likes his minions and slaves to believe.

yes Jesus gave man power over Satan IF THEY BELIEVED in Him and received the Holy Spirit. but we don't "rule over Satan" we RESIST and watch him flee.

how many? too many to count, praise be to God

the ones that go down to hell are the ones who believe the lies Satan and his minions spread concerning various things like spiritual warfare.

For example:

how they are better then others and need to over step the bounds that God tells them in the Bible and engage in occult practices to "save" people by telling them they have demons and scaring them and weakening their shield of faith so the demons can plant destructive thoughts into their minds and darken the testimony of their lives. Of course the person doing this is "saving" people and "battling" these demons and they do not realize the damage their words and actions are doing in the lives of others. they do not realize that weakening their faith in the fact that God loves them is hurting the person more then helping. Ever hear of "friendly fire" never understood it myself the person is just as dead as when the "enemy" does it.

but hey I'm going to disengage. this is no longer edifying.

A

AnandaHya

Ephesians 2:2
in which you formerly walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, of the spirit that is now working in the sons of disobedience.
thanks Hearer but that says spirit.

Spirit is different then Satan. Satan is the dragon. So anyway personally I think we are awaiting the battle for the Earth and God has revealed to us what will happen and what is already happening for anyone who wants to read and pray to God about it all.

And Like I said earlier most people consider the air part of the Earth not Heaven.

Revelation 16:13-14
New King James Version (NKJV)
13 And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs coming out of the mouth of the dragon, out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet. 14 For they are spirits of demons, performing signs, which go out to the kings of the earth and[a] of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.

May 21, 2009

1. Ephesians 2:2
    In which at one time you walked [habitually]. You were following the course and fashion of this world [were under the sway of the tendency of this present age], following the prince of the power of the air. [You were obedient to and under the control of] the [demon] spirit that still constantly works in the sons of disobedience [the careless, the rebellious, and the unbelieving, who go against the purposes of God].
    Ephesians 2:1-3 (in Context) Ephesians 2 (Whole Chapter)

I did read what you wrote AnandaHya. It made me think you think Satan is not still accusing us before God. Like he only ever did it to Job. Made me think of Jesus telling Peter Satan wanted to sift him. Makes me think of how Paul had a messenger of Satan assigned to him. How all the people of the bible had Satan and his workers bothering them before and after Christ. Made me think of how Satan walked right up to Jesus trying to mess with him. Stuff like that. How the servants who were believers of our Lord Jesus Christ were and still are being murdered, imprisoned, mutilated by Satan through humans.

A

AnandaHya

Satan does not have access to heaven anymore, but he rants on where ever he is right now in anger.....Yes Satan wants everyone if he can have it but JESUS keeps people safe....

the rest is true but the questions is does Satan harm their flesh or their immortal spirits? Satan has lost. what is your point?

anyways I'm reading this book online and found it interesting. it is about spiritual warfare...

"HOW THE EVIL SPIRITS DECEIVE BY "DOCTRINES"
How the evil spirits as teachers get men to receive their teachings, may be summed up in three specific ways: (1) By giving their doctrines, or teachings, as spiritual revelations, to those who accept everything supernatural as Divine because [it is] supernatural--a certain class unaccustomed to the spiritual realm, accepting all that is "supernatural" as from God. This form of "teaching" is direct to the person; in "flashes" of light on a text, "revelations" by visions of Christ, or streams of texts apparently from the Holy Spirit.note 3 (2) By mixing their "teachings" with the man's own reasonings, so that he thinks he has come to his own conclusions. The teachings of the deceiving spirits in this form are so natural in appearance, that they seem to come from the man himself, as the fruit of his own mind, and reasoning. They counterfeit the working of the human brain, and inject thoughts and suggestions into the human mind;note 4 for they can directly communicate with the mind, apart from gaining possession (in any degree) of the mind or body.

Those who are thus deceived, believe that they have come to their own conclusions, by their own reasonings, ignorant that the deceiving spirits have incited them to "reason" without sufficient data, or on a wrong premise, and thus come to false conclusions. The teaching spirit has achieved his own end by putting a lie in the man's mind, through the instrumentality of a false reasoning.

(3) By the indirect means of deceived human teachers, supposed to be conveying undiluted Divine "truth," and implicitly believed because of a godly life and character, believers saying, "He is a good man, and a holy man, and I believe him." The life of the man is taken as a sufficient guarantee for his teaching, instead of judging the " teaching" by the Scriptures, apart from his personal character. This has its foundation in the prevalent idea that everything that Satan and his evil spirits do is manifestly evil, the truth not being realized that they work under cover of light (2 Cor. 11: 14), i.e., if they can get a "good man" to accept some idea from them, and pass it on as "truth," he is a better instrument for deceptive purposes than a bad man who would not be believed.

FALSE AND DECEIVED TEACHERS
There is a difference between "false" teachers, and deceived ones. There are many deceived ones amongst the most devoted teachers to-day, because they do not recognize that an army of teaching spirits have come forth to deceive the people of God, and that the special peril of the spiritual section of the Church lies in the supernatural realm, from whence the deceiving spirits with "teachings" are whispering their lies to all who are "spiritual," i.e., open to spiritual things. The "teaching spirits" with "doctrines" will make special effort to deceive those who have to transmit "doctrine," and seek to mingle their "teachings" with truth, so as to get them accepted. Every believer must test all teachers to-day, for himself, by the Word of God, and their attitude to the atoning Cross of Christ, and other fundamental truths of the gospel, and not be misled into testing "teaching" by the character of the teacher. Good men can be deceived, and Satan needs good men to float his lies under the guise of truth."

War On The Saints - Contents