VISIONS & DREAMS FROM GOD

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
As far as 'visions' go, I've had occasions where I'll get a picture in my mind's eye. Once, I was praying about what to write for a paper in a college class. I was clueless. A picture of a map from the textbook dropped into my mind right after I asked God to show me an idea of what to write on. Within a second or two, I had the general idea for a paper worked out. I had really been at a lost for an idea, and that certainly answered my prayer.

Another time I was praying for a friend I hadn't seen at a long time. I had no idea about her emotional state. I prayed 'no more tears'-- which was an add, and prayed about the sadness she'd experienced. Then I saw her with something like a 'lei' of flowers around her neck, with a joyful expression, and prayed joy for her. I've had a few other cases where I've gotten little pictures like that when praying for people, not like I really see it there.

I don't generally think in pictures. I think in words and ideas. My dreams typically don't look like real life either.
 
It is my understanding the Greek word used is "photas" or there about, the word we get "Photograph" from. If we miss it, we don't get the benefit from it. It's just a flash sometimes, other times a little longer.
Since He is the Creator of all, everything comes from Him, some things have been twisted by the adversary nonetheless we are to learn His ways and apply ourselves to doing so.
 
2 Peter 1:16-19
16 For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty.17 For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
18 And this voice which came from heaven we heard, when we were with him in the holy mount.
19 We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:
20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

Peter was an eye witness to the transfigured Lord. He heard God's voice from heaven and yet he tells us there is something more sure than his experience...the written word of God!
 
2 Peter 1:16-19
16 For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty.17 For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
18 And this voice which came from heaven we heard, when we were with him in the holy mount.
19 We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:
20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

Peter was an eye witness to the transfigured Lord. He heard God's voice from heaven and yet he tells us there is something more sure than his experience...the written word of God!

I don't believe that Peter was referring to the written word of God when he said that. There was no New Testament when Peter spoke these words. Peter is referring to the word of Christ Himself they heard from the Father speaking that "This is My Son - hear Him."

We have Christ in our hearts now and He is the word of prophecy.

The day star arising in our hearts is the Lord Jesus Christ Himself and Him in our hearts manifesting is the more sure word of prophecy. We cannot replace Christ Himself in our hearts with the bible. The bible is NOT God. Thank God for the scriptures as the Holy Spirit uses them to reveal Christ to us.

We have the witness of the Holy Spirit that we are children of God and that Christ dwells in our hearts.

Revelation 19:10 (NASB)
[SUP]10 [/SUP] Then I fell at his feet to worship him. But he *said to me, "Do not do that; I am a fellow servant of yours and your brethren who hold the testimony of Jesus; worship God. For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy."
 
Some mornings He is talking to me as I wake up, or has given me the understanding as I wake, I'm sure He does this for lots of others too...other times I have no what's going on.

Ah! This is what I call a Jacobs ladder dream. :)
Inour sleep He instructs us.
I have experienced what you describe here a lot. Not as much more recently.
Sometimes I wake repeating a phrase over and over because in my dream its so profound that I don't want to forget it.

These are the dreams that a large majority sees as a classroom setting and often a person is doing some rude thing that distracts from hearing the teacher.

They aren't always a classroom setting though. But there is usually still some learning aspect - reading a newspaper, going to a seminar, etc.
 

I don't believe that Peter was referring to the written word of God when he said that. There was no New Testament when Peter spoke these words. Peter is referring to the word of Christ Himself they heard from the Father speaking that "This is My Son - hear Him."

We have Christ in our hearts now and He is the word of prophecy.

The day star arising in our hearts is the Lord Jesus Christ Himself and Him in our hearts manifesting is the more sure word of prophecy. We cannot replace Christ Himself in our hearts with the bible. The bible is NOT God. Thank God for the scriptures as the Holy Spirit uses them to reveal Christ to us.

We have the witness of the Holy Spirit that we are children of God and that Christ dwells in our hearts.

Revelation 19:10 (NASB)
[SUP]10 [/SUP] Then I fell at his feet to worship him. But he *said to me, "Do not do that; I am a fellow servant of yours and your brethren who hold the testimony of Jesus; worship God. For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy."

Note it states that no prophecy of Scripture...referring to the written word of God. He was referring to the word of God that was given to men of God that preserved what God has said through the Holy Spirit.
 
Note it states that no prophecy of Scripture...referring to the written word of God. He was referring to the word of God that was given to men of God that preserved what God has said through the Holy Spirit.

I agree that no prophecy of scripture is of any private interpretation but scripture is to lead us to Christ. The day star arising in our hearts is Christ Himself. Scriptures are not an end in itself. Scripture itself is not God. We can replace scripture for Christ Himself if we are not careful and not take it out of it's place.

That's all I'm saying. We definitely don't stop looking at the scriptures - the Holy Spirit uses them to reveal Christ to us! Thank God for them.

John 5:39-40 (NASB)
[SUP]39 [/SUP] "You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; it is these that testify about Me;

[SUP]40 [/SUP] and you are unwilling to come to Me so that you may have life.

I agree that all things from the Lord will not violate scripture and I fully endorse people study it and be devoted to it BUT for the sole purpose of coming to Christ that is in the scriptures - not the scriptures within themselves. There is a subtle difference but can spell the difference between creating a religion and knowing Christ Himself.



 
I agree that no prophecy of scripture is of any private interpretation but scripture is to lead us to Christ. The day star arising in our hearts is Christ Himself. Scriptures are not an end in itself. Scripture itself is not God. We can replace scripture for Christ Himself if we are not careful and not take it out of it's place.

That's all I'm saying. We definitely don't stop looking at the scriptures - the Holy Spirit uses them to reveal Christ to us! Thank God for them.

John 5:39-40 (NASB)
[SUP]39 [/SUP] "You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; it is these that testify about Me;

[SUP]40 [/SUP] and you are unwilling to come to Me so that you may have life.

I agree that all things from the Lord will not violate scripture and I fully endorse people study it and be devoted to it BUT for the sole purpose of coming to Christ that is in the scriptures - not the scriptures within themselves. There is a subtle difference but can spell the difference between creating a religion and knowing Christ Himself.




Why do you obey Scripture? Because you know it's coming from God. It is His voice. I see it as God Himself speaking to me. I praise Scripture so much because I know it's of God. The only way I know anything about Jesus Christ my Saviour is because of Scripture. If it's not a sure word of prophecy, then none of us have any hope.
 
Some mornings He is talking to me as I wake up, or has given me the understanding as I wake, I'm sure He does this for lots of others too...other times I have no what's going on.

I wanted to respond to your post here. I receive this as well though not when I wake up rather when I am relishing my time with him. I found different ways to be with him and connect with him some of them I can only connect to him a certain way by doing them, my walks I go on for instance sometimes I can only truly find him by going on them. I can be on cc and connect to him but some some days it doesn't matter how much I am on cc I can only find him on my walks.

On my walks as I constantly speak with him I will gain understanding or hidden knowledge and understanding sometimes it's through an analogy he places in my heart other times I glean insight and understanding by simply seeing something like kids playing or even something as simple as a flower. Other times i will have a vision or will suddenly feel something inside me very profoundly in my heart.

As much as i am grateful for the dreams and visions he gives me I am even more grateful for the ability he gave me to hear his voice an awakening if you will. When one has a close bond with him and has an intimate connection with him they naturally know his voice and hear it in many ways and forms, I don't hear him with my ears and I rarely hear him in my mind I listen and hear him with the ears of my heart
 
As far as 'visions' go, I've had occasions where I'll get a picture in my mind's eye. Once, I was praying about what to write for a paper in a college class. I was clueless. A picture of a map from the textbook dropped into my mind right after I asked God to show me an idea of what to write on. Within a second or two, I had the general idea for a paper worked out. I had really been at a lost for an idea, and that certainly answered my prayer.

Another time I was praying for a friend I hadn't seen at a long time. I had no idea about her emotional state. I prayed 'no more tears'-- which was an add, and prayed about the sadness she'd experienced. Then I saw her with something like a 'lei' of flowers around her neck, with a joyful expression, and prayed joy for her. I've had a few other cases where I've gotten little pictures like that when praying for people, not like I really see it there.

I don't generally think in pictures. I think in words and ideas. My dreams typically don't look like real life either.
I know of what you speak of. Seeing images like that in our minds eyes is seeing with our spiritual eyes this is often times what i see when i receive visions and sometimes the images are so profound they impact my physical body and sometimes I will see a place and be able to describe it perfectly to the T as if I have actually been there when I have not.
I recall a long time ago I described heaven in great detail of when I will be able to have one day with Jesus and a person told me it sounds as if I have already been there.

There are people with the gifts of prophecy the can see visions and dream dreams however this doesn't make them prophets though many seem to think this. A prophet is the mouth and voice of God himself not the thus saith the Lord kind but rather the building encouraging and strengthening and even correction kind, he uses his prophets to build encourage and strengthen his church to help to mend the broken and to bring others closer to him. His prophets have this natural desire to do this they don't do it for any other reason and they seem to naturally do it in the words they speak.

But then you have the other side of the same coin the seers, now a seer can be both a seer and a prophet but for some reason a prophet cannot be a seer, seers are a more rare form of the prophetic they can see things the normal eyes cannot not just visions but they can see into the veil of the spiritual realm. This is a gift that God does not seem to just give out to anyone it requires a truly humble heart that truly adores him because such a gift can easily be misused