Visiting the cemetery in Autumn.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

lawrence101

Jan 25, 2019
canada
I dropped by the cemetery in weather unfair
It was an autumn day , windy cold
The trees nearby were almost bare
One could sense a new season about to unfold
Countless fallen leaves were all around
Dead leaves that had seen their season
The wind and creaking oaks were the only sounds
In this burial place beyond reason
Some drop by in remembrance of a kin
I guess i dropped by to reflect
Or perhaps its an air to think in
Certainly not have i come here to pay last respects.

Written By: yours true, 30+ years ago

Seeker47

Aug 7, 2018
I love this poem. I have had those feelings too. Well done!

lawrence101

Jan 25, 2019
canada
Although i wrote that poem a long time ago, it hurts now to read it again since my mother passed away.

Seeker47

Aug 7, 2018
The muse of poetry hasn't been around lately; she usually visits in my half-sleep. I'll take a nap now.

lawrence101

Jan 25, 2019
canada
The muse of poetry hasn't been around lately; she usually visits in my half-sleep. I'll take a nap now.
You are good, better than i thought, that post speaks pure genius, i can see the poet in you. HAve you posted any poems to the forum ?

lawrence101

Jan 25, 2019
canada
Nevermind Seeker, i found them, i was right pure poetry , i knew it. Especially liked Promontory, have to look that word up, well written

Seeker47

Aug 7, 2018
Hi Marisolsalina....welcome to Christian Chat. If you are a poetry fan there is lots of stuff on the Poems and Poetry board. Do you write?