Visual attraction

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
I

IFOLLOWHIM

I do like the men tall as I'm only 5'2!
Age isn't a criteria to me,my 2nd husband was 15 yrs my jr.
Health as opposed to size is what I question.
GODLY, nothing less!
Full of joy,laughter,wisdom,love for the word,sincerety,and a kind heart matter to me!
Women search for someone that loves them deeply from their heart and trust that man completely knowing they are supported and protected.

I have searched for that "Knight in shining Armor" my entire life.......
He ranks with the Yeti,loch ness,faries ect.ect...........

Ruby123

Mar 1, 2019
I do like the men tall as I'm only 5'2!
Age isn't a criteria to me,my 2nd husband was 15 yrs my jr.
Health as opposed to size is what I question.
GODLY, nothing less!
Full of joy,laughter,wisdom,love for the word,sincerety,and a kind heart matter to me!
Women search for someone that loves them deeply from their heart and trust that man completely knowing they are supported and protected.

I have searched for that "Knight in shining Armor" my entire life.......
He ranks with the Yeti,loch ness,faries ect.ect...........

Found him for you IFH. He seems to be full of joy, knows how to dance too.

I

IFOLLOWHIM

Found him for you IFH. He seems to be full of joy, knows how to dance too.

Awesome Ruby,since I love dancin......💖💖💖💖💖😍😍😍😍😍😍 my Knight!

Send him overnight EXPRESS!

Princesse

Feb 16, 2020
I think a 300 pound man would fare better in the dating marketplace than a woman of a similar size. ;)

As with most things, the right companion makes the difference. Mine have aesthetic requirements and that works for me.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
I think a 300 pound man would fare better in the dating marketplace than a woman of a similar size. ;)

As with most things, the right companion makes the difference. Mine have aesthetic requirements and that works for me.
My xbrother-in-law luvs a chunky gal. I don't like a pot belly myself. But I could go for a Jackie Gleason or Lou Costello because of their charm.....ok that's not a good reason, lol.

Princesse

Feb 16, 2020
My xbrother-in-law luvs a chunky gal. I don't like a pot belly myself. But I could go for a Jackie Gleason or Lou Costello because of their charm.....ok that's not a good reason, lol.
What does “chunky” mean in his vernacular? :)

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
Hahaha... I never thought of Lou Costello as charming. At least not as the characters, he played, in his rolls. Endearing maybe, but charming? :giggle:

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
Hahaha... I never thought of Lou Costello as charming. At least not as the characters, he played, in his rolls. Endearing maybe, but charming? :giggle:
I'm glad to hear that Deade, lol

Belka

Aug 24, 2017
IMO "visual attraction" is overrated and as someone else mentioned, once you get to know someone, your perception of them can literally do a 180° where at first, they weren't "your type" at all and then after getting to know them, you start finding them attractive because there's a natural connection and friendship. And vice versa.

It's happened to me so many times that looks literally barely matter. Sure, ideally I'd want to find the person I'm with good-looking and maybe even "beautiful" (in my own subjective opinion) and I do have a certain type I find more aesthetically pleasing than others, but at the end of the day, what matters is how we relate to one another and if we're meant to be together as per God's will and purpose.

I've read quite a few stories of people saying that they didn't find their spouse attractive at first but then God opened the eyes of their heart and now they're really in love with them.

There were times in my life where I really felt "in love" with someone and found them super attractive, and after some time, my whole perception would change and it'd be like waking up from a dream. So that kind of thing is super changeable and I don't really understand how some people marry / get together with someone simply based on their level of physical attraction to the other person. That's way too fickle and dare I say, "carnal". *shrugs*

EternalFire

Jan 3, 2019
If a man or woman has looks but not a good heart, it really means nothing.
Proverbs 11:22
Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a beautiful woman without discretion.

Princesse

Feb 16, 2020
IMO "visual attraction" is overrated and as someone else mentioned, once you get to know someone, your perception of them can literally do a 180° where at first, they weren't "your type" at all and then after getting to know them, you start finding them attractive because there's a natural connection and friendship. And vice versa.

It's happened to me so many times that looks literally barely matter. Sure, ideally I'd want to find the person I'm with good-looking and maybe even "beautiful" (in my own subjective opinion) and I do have a certain type I find more aesthetically pleasing than others, but at the end of the day, what matters is how we relate to one another and if we're meant to be together as per God's will and purpose.

I've read quite a few stories of people saying that they didn't find their spouse attractive at first but then God opened the eyes of their heart and now they're really in love with them.

There were times in my life where I really felt "in love" with someone and found them super attractive, and after some time, my whole perception would change and it'd be like waking up from a dream. So that kind of thing is super changeable and I don't really understand how some people marry / get together with someone simply based on their level of physical attraction to the other person. That's way too fickle and dare I say, "carnal". *shrugs*
We all have different things which tick our box. Some are aesthetically driven. Others desire athletes or companions who share their passions to the same degree. There are those who insist on intelligence or a partner who’s very spiritual or religiously oriented.

What one person esteems the next may see as meaningless. My appreciation for beauty is probably a reflection of a designer’s eye. I delight in loveliness of all stripes. From faces and physiques to clothing, interiors, and artistic creations. Beauty brings me joy.

But I don’t expect the same from others. They won’t value the attributes I do because we’re not identical. Our challenges and strengths will differ. What I require for fulfilling companionship and sanctification will rarely match their needs. And that’s okay.

We have to give people room for authentic expression. Should’s are an albatross that often leads to discontentment and separation. You can’t build a future on the things you should think and feel. That grows tiresome after awhile. There must be an equal measure of natural responses and others that require effort.

Everyone discriminates. No one accepts every suitor who comes their way. If we did, singleness would be a non issue for most believers. You’d take comfort in their belief in God and seal the deal. But few pledge themselves to others solely on their faith. They look for qualities outside of it which complements their own.

Call it preference, bias, what have you. The end result is denial. And for those on the other side of rejection. It makes little difference if the cause is physical or something else. The no still stands.

Mikhal

Nov 15, 2019

I should emphasize that my 300lbs are not from Pastries and Beer, lol.
I eat quite healthy and work out frequently as well as lead an active life Building and Maintaining things around me.
Aesthetically I have never been issues, in fact I would be a hypocrite if I didn't agree, a person has to take care for themselves in order to be attractive to me. Not perfect by any means, simply make an effort to care for themselves 😊.

Mikhal

Nov 15, 2019
I eat quite healthy and work out frequently as well as lead an active life Building and Maintaining things around me.
Aesthetically I have never been issues, in fact I would be a hypocrite if I didn't agree, a person has to take care for themselves in order to be attractive to me. Not perfect by any means, simply make an effort to care for themselves 😊.
*Had not been, sorry 🤣🤣🤣

Princesse

Feb 16, 2020
Are you a body builder? My partners are 6 feet or greater and 180-220 is their norm. What are you doing to bulk up?

My companions share your sentiments and I appreciate their input. I’m comfortable with behavior modifications if the results are good.

Can you expound on what you mean by “care for themselves?” I know it seems obvious but it’s helpful for women to hear firsthand from a gentleman. :)

Mikhal

Nov 15, 2019
I just lift weights, not really a body builder, im a Dane 🤣😉. Im only 6 foot but I have a Mega Morph body type (Large Structure). I actually need to drop 25-30lbs, which Bjorn (my dog) and i are working on every morning- Long walks, lol.

By taking care of themselves, i mean eating fairly healthy, monitoring their weight, being aware of their outward appearance, keeping up on their responsibilities- just taking care of themselves in general. I personally am attracted to a lady with a natural appearance to her.. not heavy nor thin😊

Mikhal

Nov 15, 2019
Are you a body builder? My partners are 6 feet or greater and 180-220 is their norm. What are you doing to bulk up?

My companions share your sentiments and I appreciate their input. I’m comfortable with behavior modifications if the results are good.

Can you expound on what you mean by “care for themselves?” I know it seems obvious but it’s helpful for women to hear firsthand from a gentleman. :)
For some reason my response went to everyone on this thread, rather than Reply to you..🤣