Wake Up & Grow

  • Thread starter Thread starter 88
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

88

Senior Member
Nov 14, 2016
3,517
77
48
Wanted to start a New Year's thread----how to wake up and grow----How is God working in your life to "stretch" and improve you-----------I really feel if you don't choose to do this yourself-------this is the year God will start intervening more in your lives to grow us... Maybe I'll hear from some weird members like Stretch or Wonder Wake-Up Woman...
 
I am starting to read my bible more often.
I also want to start writing again.
I used to write prayers.
I've been thinking of writing Psalms as well.
 
Wanted to start a New Year's thread----how to wake up and grow----How is God working in your life to "stretch" and improve you-----------I really feel if you don't choose to do this yourself-------this is the year God will start intervening more in your lives to grow us... Maybe I'll hear from some weird members like Stretch or Wonder Wake-Up Woman...
What a blessing it is to humbly listen to the Lord and grow in His word.

Why were the dead sea scrolls hidden for so long, and the Lord lets us read them now? Are we to learn from what they say?

For years and years there has been enmity between Jews and gentile, yet scripture tells of them united. What can we learn from exploring that?

Christians have not followed scripture as it was referred to in scripture for at that time it was only the OT. The NT keeps showing us how it is based on the OT, as a large portion is even repeating OT scripture. As a result we know lots about salvation through faith and about the Holy Spirit, but little about how what we do is in harmony with how God created the world to operate. Could we grow in this area?

Are we truly humble before the words of the Lord, or are we too set in what we learned before to listen to the word?

There are many questions to ask ourselves to help us determine the area we need to grow.
 
"Watch ye therefore: for ye know not when the master of the house cometh, at even, or at midnight, or at the cockcrowing, or in the morning: Lest coming suddenly he find you sleeping. And what I say unto you I say unto all, Watch." (Mark 13:35-37)

"So is the kingdom of God, as if a man should cast seed into the ground; And should sleep, and rise night and day, and the seed should spring and grow up, he knoweth not how." (Mark 4:26-27)
 
Wanted to start a New Year's thread----how to wake up and grow----How is God working in your life to "stretch" and improve you-----------I really feel if you don't choose to do this yourself-------this is the year God will start intervening more in your lives to grow us... Maybe I'll hear from some weird members like Stretch or Wonder Wake-Up Woman...
*****it's already February---do you feel any "stretching"----grow, grow, grow...
 
Wanted to start a New Year's thread----how to wake up and grow----How is God working in your life to "stretch" and improve you-----------I really feel if you don't choose to do this yourself-------this is the year God will start intervening more in your lives to grow us... Maybe I'll hear from some weird members like Stretch or Wonder Wake-Up Woman...
Well I conquered so much last year, but it was a slow year. This year I'm going to conquer the lust monster, I've already started.
 
Wanted to start a New Year's thread----how to wake up and grow----How is God working in your life to "stretch" and improve you-----------I really feel if you don't choose to do this yourself-------this is the year God will start intervening more in your lives to grow us... Maybe I'll hear from some weird members like Stretch or Wonder Wake-Up Woman...
****do you feel yourself growing?---sometimes when your going through problems you are growing even though it doesn't feel like it...