Walk away from the Pharmacy, PLEASE

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 3, 2016
unless you have a long education in medicine, anatomy, physiology etc, the dr knows more than you about what those medicines will or will not do
Compared to Doctor Jesus... they don't know squat! All they are doing is experimenting by throwing drugs at the problem to see what might stick. Any igmo could do that if he could write prescriptions!

Mankind without the Lord is ignorant which is why mankind is failing at every endeavor because the wisdom of man is garbage compared to the wisdom of the Lord.

Jesus gots it going on... mankind, not so much.

W

wwjd_kilden

Compared to Doctor Jesus... they don't know squat!

Mankind without the Lord is ignorant which is why mankind is failing at every endeavor because the wisdom of man is garbage compared to the wisdom of the Lord.

Jesus gots it going on... mankind, not so much.

But Jesus didn't say "don't use medicine",
that is an invention of A FEW modern day Christians
So those people DO think they know more than the doctors, and they even add Jesus to it, to force people to submit to their own views by trying to make them sound biblical, which they are not

Dec 3, 2016
But Jesus didn't say "don't use medicine"
He didn't say "don't smoke crack" either but, I'm positive He is not in favor of it.

I challenge you... show me in God's Word where He instructs His people to go to the doctor and/or take medicine produced by mankind...

I'll hold...

J

JaimeMartinez26

nope

ive let broken bones just heal on their own too before i was saved

also had been given pills as a child to help me
but i got addicted and it drastically changed my life for the worse

was only a few month period but the effects lasted years

since then (12 to 13 years ago) ive only went to the hospital once

its also funny you mention seizures

because quitting them pills gave me a seizure

and i still never went back
by the way seizures are common withdraw symptoms for quitting the pills i was taking

looking back on it i wish i never took em

they didnt even help with what they were supposed to

just made me so high it was easier to ignore

J

JaimeMartinez26

doctors arent any better than mechanics in most cases

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
I mentioned them because I have epileptic seizures, every day since age 5. So I've been on meds almost my entire life..Sorry, but I don't have the strongest faith that it would take, to stop taking my meds...

nope

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
You need to educate yourself about epileptic seizures. They are NOT caused by demons. :/ Epilepsy is a neurological disorder of the brain, in which the brain synapses "misfire" and cause the seizures. Kind of like a circuit board with a couple of crossed wires.. lol

If He did, He would have told us about this in His Word and told us to go calleth thy doctor cause the arm of the Lord is short that He cannot heal

Yeah, show us in scripture where God said He made medicine and where He instructs His people to trust in what man can do apart from God (that's how medicine got created) rather than trusting in the power of the Almighty Living God.

I'll hold...

I'd cast the devil out in the MIGHTY NAME OF JESUS CHRIST and stop the seizures...

Jesus already bore sickness / disease so I don't have to have it, and I ain't.

It would be double jeopardy for satan to put that trash on me after Jesus has already paid for me to be healed!

Some folk need to get in God's Word and learn what has been purchased by Jesus and quit listening to man-made religion that comes from the mind of blind mankind.

S

Susanna

I mentioned them because I have epileptic seizures, every day since age 5. So I've been on meds almost my entire life..Sorry, but I don't have the strongest faith that it would take, to stop taking my meds...
I don't know why some of these people keep posting nonsense about doctors and medication. It's dangerous as well. I'm praying that their conceits don't delude anyone into believing they don't need medication and doctors.

J

JaimeMartinez26

ahhhhh
see thats not something i would speak against

if the pills i took didnt cause me to be drunken or unsober
i wouldnt tell anyone to quit them

just to pray on it

just cause i dont use medicine im not trying to tell anyone else not to

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
I know... It's their opinion, but it's a dangerous and scary one.. I have strong faith, yes, but not enough to go off my meds cold turkey and hope that my seizures will go away. When I was a teenager, my doctor told me that I would probably outgrow my seizures.. Welllll, that was 30-plus years ago, and I haven't outgrown them yet. LOL

I don't know why some of these people keep posting nonsense about doctors and medication. It's dangerous as well. I'm praying that their conceit don't delude anyone into believing they don't need medication and doctors.

R

renewed_hope

I don't know why some of these people keep posting nonsense about doctors and medication. It's dangerous as well. I'm praying that their conceits don't delude anyone into believing they don't need medication and doctors.
I agree. Both my mom and sister have epileptic seizures and the only time they get off meds is if the doctor is monitoring them....if they just stop meds cold turkey that could cause their brain to go into shock basically and can cause uncontrollable seizures

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014

That part in red is one of the most ignorant, uneducated responses I have ever seen on this site in answer to what causes epileptic seizures. :/ I suggest you invest some time in reading up on neurological disorders and epilepsy...

If He did, He would have told us about this in His Word and told us to go calleth thy doctor cause the arm of the Lord is short that He cannot heal

Yeah, show us in scripture where God said He made medicine and where He instructs His people to trust in what man can do apart from God (that's how medicine got created) rather than trusting in the power of the Almighty Living God.

I'll hold...

I'd cast the devil out in the MIGHTY NAME OF JESUS CHRIST and stop the seizures....

Jesus already bore sickness / disease so I don't have to have it, and I ain't.

It would be double jeopardy for satan to put that trash on me after Jesus has already paid for me to be healed!

Some folk need to get in God's Word and learn what has been purchased by Jesus and quit listening to man-made religion that comes from the mind of blind mankind.

Sep 4, 2015
A WISE man in America burns his health insurance cards.

D

Depleted

nope

No chemo if you got cancer or Hepatitis?
No blood thinners if you just had thrombus, a heart attack, or stroke?
No novacatine if you need a tooth removed?
No anesthesia, if you need your gall bladder, tonsils, adenoids, or appendix out?
No shots, if you were bit by a rabid animal?
No shots if you stop on a rusty nail?
No ear drops for an infection? (Trust me, having your ear drum blown out when the infection gets so bad it comes rushing out of your inner ear is no fun.)
No antibiotics if you got C-diff or MRSA?
No synthroid if your thyroid doesn't work right?
No metformin if you end up with Diabetes 2? (You'll die a lot quicker, after losing toe by toe, finger by finger, then arms and legs.)
No new organs if one of your fails?
No iron if you're severely anemic?
No multivitamin just because?
No sun block?
No antacid for indigestion or heartburn?
No Bactine on a cut?
No surgery for anything, unless you're wide awake?

T

TemporaryCircumstances

No chemo if you got cancer or Hepatitis?
No blood thinners if you just had thrombus, a heart attack, or stroke?
No novacatine if you need a tooth removed?
No anesthesia, if you need your gall bladder, tonsils, adenoids, or appendix out?
No shots, if you were bit by a rabid animal?
No shots if you stop on a rusty nail?
No ear drops for an infection? (Trust me, having your ear drum blown out when the infection gets so bad it comes rushing out of your inner ear is no fun.)
No antibiotics if you got C-diff or MRSA?
No synthroid if your thyroid doesn't work right?
No metformin if you end up with Diabetes 2? (You'll die a lot quicker, after losing toe by toe, finger by finger, then arms and legs.)
No new organs if one of your fails?
No iron if you're severely anemic?
No multivitamin just because?
No sun block?
No antacid for indigestion or heartburn?
No Bactine on a cut?
No surgery for anything, unless you're wide awake?
Ahhhhh
Surgery while awake would be awful!!!!

Dec 3, 2016
Depending on what people are on, stopping taking prescribed drugs without a doctors OK could kill the person,
or at the very least cause lasting damage!
So, you are claiming if someone trusts in the Lord whole heatedly based on the finished work of Jesus Christ... the Lord is powerless to take care of them so their health improves and they end up making full recovery without the help of what mankind can do without God???

If so, you done come too late... I personally have been trusting the Lord for my health for years and have experienced things in my physical body that have been what those who don't know how to receive from the Lord would call very, very alarming to the point of physical death being expected... yet, somehow the Lord is greater than sickness / disease and I'm standing here today in perfect health spending zero on medical care.

The bottom line here is... do we really, REALLY believe what God said on this subject and do we really, REALLY believe He is not a liar and will do what He said in His Word???

Can we trust that God's Word is actually true when He says...

Romans 8:11
But IF the Spirit of Him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you (allowed to live in us), He that raised up Jesus Christ from the dead shall also quicken (energize, make alive) your mortal body by His Spirit that lives in you. (see 2 Corinthians 3:17 – where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty, freedom!)

1 Peter 2:24
Jesus carried our sins in his own body on the cross, so that we, being dead to sin, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes you were healed.

Matthew 8:17

That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying, Himself took our infirmities, and bare our sicknesses.

Isaiah 53:4, 5
Jesus has carried our grief (pain, anxiety, calamity, disease, sickness), and carried our sorrows (anguish, affliction, feelings of pain, sadness and sorrow): yet we did esteem Him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted....but He was wounded (to wound, to break, be slain or killed) for our transgressions, He was bruised (crush, destroy, oppress, to collapse) for our iniquities: the punishment (violence, rebuke) of our peace was upon Him; and with His stripes we are healed. (He took our wounds, so we could take his wholeness & health in every area of life)

Proverbs 4:20-23
Attend to My words; incline your ear unto My sayings....let them not depart from your eyes; keep them in the midst of your heart....for they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh....keep your heart with all diligence; for out of it flow the forces of life.

James 5:15
The prayer of faith shall save the sick (from being sick!)

Exodus 15:26

If you will diligently listen to the voice of the LORD your God, and will do that which is right in His sight, and will give ear to His commandments, and keep all His statutes, I will not put any diseases upon you, which I have brought upon the Egyptians: for I am the LORD that heals you.

Exodus 23:24-26

You shall not bow down to their gods, nor serve them, nor do their works: but you shall utterly overthrow them, and destroy their images.
And you shall serve Adonai your God, and He shall bless your food and drink; and I will take sickness away from the midst of you.
There shall nothing cast their young, nor be barren, in thy land: and you will live out the full span of your lives.

You won't catch me dead not trusting the Word of the living God!

It's so sad that there are so many Christians that do not know HOW to receive what Jesus Christ paid so dearly for us to have... so sad...

D

Depleted

ahhhhh
see thats not something i would speak against

if the pills i took didnt cause me to be drunken or unsober
i wouldnt tell anyone to quit them

just to pray on it

just cause i dont use medicine im not trying to tell anyone else not to
I have chronic pain that needs to be masked, or I'd kill myself. Obviously, I didn't want to get on narcotics. Especially me, since I went through drug rehab. But they tried everything on me. And most of the things they tried made me groggy. (My record was sleeping 20 hours the first day on a new med. Got better the next day, only 16 hours sleeping. lol) Most didn't work. Some make me vomit. Had to keep trying, because I'm no good at 10-12 pain level. (Only supposed to go up to 10, but 10 was a gallstone attack. I was told there was no worse pain until the pain around my waist proved that theory wrong.)

Ends up I had to take oxycodone 5mg., (so little street value.) Finally a pain pill that masked the pain enough. Not great -- I average 4-6 on pain levels, but 4-6 is heaven compared to 10-12. I can't say it was stoned the first week, but I definitely had the good buzz going on. And then it went away. LIFE SAVER! Only description that fits. I got my life back and much as is possible.

But if the drugs you took left you stoned, you could have asked the doctor for something else.

Dec 3, 2016
I have chronic pain that needs to be masked
I have health paid for by Jesus Christ that was promised to God's
Children in His Word... and this should be celebrated.

Looks like we both got what we believe.

I'm very happy with what I got... I'm guessing you aren't that happy with what you believe.

There's still time to change the road yer on :cool:

Last edited: