Walk In Your Calling

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oct 24, 2012
1Co 5:9 I wrote you in my [previous] letter not to associate with [sexually] immoral people— 1Co 5:10
not meaning the immoral people of this world, or the greedy ones and swindlers, or idolaters, for then you would have to get out of the world and human society altogether! 1Co 5:11 But actually, I have written to you not to associate with any so-called [Christian] brother if he is sexually immoral or greedy, or is an idolater [devoted to anything that takes the place of God], or is a reviler [who insults or slanders or otherwise verbally abuses others], or is a drunkard or a swindler—you must not so much as eat with such a person. 1Co 5:12 For what business is it of mine to judge outsiders (non-believers)? Do you not judge those who are within the church [to protect the church as the situation requires]? 1Co 5:13 God alone sits in judgment on those who are outside [the faith]. REMOVE THE WICKED ONE FROM AMONG YOU [expel him from your church].

There is only one truth and it is God's word. Praise God for truth in a deceitful world! Jesus said that he will come back sooner than expected because even the elect would be deceived in the end times - which we are in I perceive!
yep, so true, then in 2 Cor 7 seven Paul heard they repented and said how grateful he was over it. Later he said bring that one back into the fold for this reconciliation of God to him
Anyways, yes I agree as have been immoral in my life also, learned, learning standing in the present to not claim I got it, yet to pass on from my ignorance of this reconciliation, forgiveness given me and all others also.
( 2 Cor 5:17-20) to see and appreciate being forgiven by God through Son on that cross to be given to walk new and not of the self ever again as the Corinthians did at first. Then saw to not take for granted this forgiveness given them
For me. God has been working in and through me to see to let go of sin and stand in belief to his love and mercy of his Son for me and see new in belief to not do that Ignorant stuff I used to do. And God has been peeling me like an onion one layer at a time, and me seeing to appreciate and walk away without taking any credit in doing that for me ever again. It is God that does it and did it through Son for us all
Thanks to God Psalms 100:4, 103:12, Ezekiel 36:26

Philippians 3:11-15

Authorized (King James) Version

11 if by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead. 12 Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus. 13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, 14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. 15 Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.

Thank you for your post of truth

THE PURPOSE: WORK OF THE MINISTRY

"For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:" - Ephesians 4:12

As we do the work of the ministry, it must be grounded in love. Whether we preach to the unsaved or contend for the faith amongst Believers, if we don't have love, our work will be in vain (1 Corinthians 13:1-3).

Knowing your appointment, you can now apply it in every area of your life. In serving others at the office or giving an encouraging word at the gym, you should overflow in the work of the ministry wherever you go. Walk confidently, today, knowing that God just requires you to do your part (1 Corinthians 3:6-8).

Apr 21, 2024
Yes Britney, you are right we must do everything in love or we are a clanging cymbal which sounds horrible. I am at learning to do all things in love. It is easy with most people especially the lost. Its hard dealing with so called Christians not producing good fruit. They are typically very judgmental with the board in their eye.

Jan 24, 2024
Thank you! And it's sister :) - My name is Britney.
It's an honor to meet You, Britney, my Sister in Christ. Your presentation has been spot on and extremely effective to opening up meaning and truth. You are most blessed with God's Knowledge and Discernment.

You are most welcomed,
Your Brother in Christ, Levi..

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
The mysterious ways of God is perplexing to human flesh and blood and no flesh can understand it, one need to be born new from God Father to each of us in belief to see, as long as one does not stop belief to see even through adversities

Colossians 1:21-23

Authorized (King James) Version

21 And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled 22 in the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight: 23 if ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and benot moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, andwhich was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;

read this from verse one and read the second Chapter with it, ask God for God's revelation for you too, and it will be given you by God to all that will not stop belief to see, no matter how long that might take
As Martin Luther said he sees the light. He saw God just loves him and all others too.
This takes not giving up no matter what, thanks hoping the best for you to get this seen in you too, as I for me God knows what is best for each of us in his Love and mercy of Son Jesus for us to get new in the risen Life given to be given and is given by God and no one else
thanksgiving and praise (Psalms 100:4 by Son on that cross Psalms 103:12 is fulfilled for us as is done as in John 19:30 he fulfills the Law and Prophets not taken away fulfilled for us to walk new in belief to he is risen to taken over us, those that are willing get this done in them thank you by God only for you too
I cannot express how much your words have touched my heart I only felt peace as I read your responce

THE PURPOSE: EDIFICATION OF THE BODY OF CHRIST

"For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:" - Ephesians 4:12

Edification means to build up to holiness in Christ ie helping others to walk in the fullness of their calling.

Ephesians 4:19 urges us to follow after things which make for peace and the edification of the body, so we will do well to carefully consider Paul's words in Romans 14:13-19:

"Therefore let us not judge one another anymore, but rather determine this — not to put an obstacle or a stumbling block in a brother’s way. I know and am convinced in the Lord Jesus that nothing is unclean in itself; but to him who thinks anything to be unclean, to him it is unclean. For if because of food your brother is hurt, you are no longer walking according to love. Do not destroy with your food him for whom Christ died. Therefore do not let what is for you a good thing be spoken of as evil; for the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit. For he who in this way serves Christ is acceptable to God and approved by men. So then we pursue the things which make for peace and the building up of one another."

We are encouraged to do good to all men especially those in the body of Christ (Galatians 6:10). Therefore, we must carefully consider every interaction: How can I relieve pressure from this discussion? Should I really be getting upset? How can I focus on the heart of this individual, allowing God to deal with the root issue instead of the fruit production?

As we grow in knowledge and understanding of our calling, it should never be at the expense of the body of Christ (1 Corinthians 14:12).

HOW I CAN SUPPORT YOU

Congratulations! You've reached the end of this Bible Study and are now further equipped to walk worthy in your divine calling.

Feel free to review the material as often as you need and if you would like to discuss anything pertaining to this course, God-willing, I will make myself available to you :)

- END OF BIBLE STUDY -

Apr 21, 2024
Thank you.

The so called Christian is my separated husband of 24 years who is a heavy drinker and worst a severe verbal abuser diagnosed with PTSD. A quote from a near death experience:, "In hell you have condemnation and accusations coming at you like shot gun pellets, and its just almost unbearable. Its just torment and hopeless in hell w/o God.", Gary Brown from Sid Roth. THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT i DEALT WITH FOR DECADES. My ex is a really nice guy in public and is a people pleaser - not a wife pleaser. The Holy Spirit spoke to me "It wont kill you" a few weeks ago. I thought the word was for something else until shortly after hearing that, my ex asked me for a divorce while drinking, so I knew the Lord was giving me courage. Then after my ex left to work out of town (the peace is so fantastic now lol), days after the mentioning of divorce, the Holy Spirit said, "Hire an attorney and divorce him because it will be worse if you let him back." I said, "if this is you Lord, please verify", and the word came that "divorce is not a sin, adultery is" which is no problem for me. I always try to act in love, de-escalate, and I do not argue back. I've been purified by fire here lol. My ex is still out of town, but trying very hard to come back, but I told him not to, and he looks at every phone call and email I get, so I got a private email now.

We own a business together with me doing 75% of the work - he is the accountant, but we are getting along by phone just fine now. I have tryed to hire an attorney, but no luck yet likely because of the verbal abuse thing. My ex will call after and during calls to attorney's, seeing that I am calling them on the call log, and asking why am I talking to attorneys...

It's hard being here in this transition space right now, but please pray for an easy transition into the something better God has in store for me.

Jul 3, 2015
Thank you.

The so called Christian is my separated husband of 24 years who is a heavy drinker and worst a severe verbal abuser diagnosed with PTSD. A quote from a near death experience:, "In hell you have condemnation and accusations coming at you like shot gun pellets, and its just almost unbearable. Its just torment and hopeless in hell w/o God.", Gary Brown from Sid Roth. THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT i DEALT WITH FOR DECADES. My ex is a really nice guy in public and is a people pleaser - not a wife pleaser. The Holy Spirit spoke to me "It wont kill you" a few weeks ago. I thought the word was for something else until shortly after hearing that, my ex asked me for a divorce while drinking, so I knew the Lord was giving me courage. Then after my ex left to work out of town (the peace is so fantastic now lol), days after the mentioning of divorce, the Holy Spirit said, "Hire an attorney and divorce him because it will be worse if you let him back." I said, "if this is you Lord, please verify", and the word came that "divorce is not a sin, adultery is" which is no problem for me. I always try to act in love, de-escalate, and I do not argue back. I've been purified by fire here lol. My ex is still out of town, but trying very hard to come back, but I told him not to, and he looks at every phone call and email I get, so I got a private email now.

We own a business together with me doing 75% of the work - he is the accountant, but we are getting along by phone just fine now. I have tryed to hire an attorney, but no luck yet likely because of the verbal abuse thing. My ex will call after and during calls to attorney's, seeing that I am calling them on the call log, and asking why am I talking to attorneys...

It's hard being here in this transition space right now, but please pray for an easy transition into the something better God has in store for me.
Can You File for Divorce Without a Lawyer? Filing for divorce without a lawyer is easier in some places than others. Some domestic court systems offer robust online divorce resources, including forms, checklists and instructions that walk you through the filing process. You will save an awful lot of money if you can proceed in this manner.

Philippians4-13plus12a
:)

Apr 21, 2024
Thank you for your wisdom on this. We do have a lot of material things and the business is worth a whole lot because it makes a lot of money, so I think that is why the Holy Spirit specifically said "hire and attorney" knowing he is the primary on many of our belongings including the savings account. You are right that it will save a lot of money to not have an attorney, but my can be cruel and is getting more materialistic. One of the main reasons he wants to get back with me is to sell these two houses we have and buy a multimillion dollar house on the water. He keeps saying I need to sell this house and get a bigger one on the water with him, and that we can have separate offices like separate quarters. No thanks not for a trillion do I want to live with that man again.

Praise God He's has got this. I need to do my part and keep knocking I guess. Please keep me in your prayers. God is a supernatural God and nothing is impossible with him.

Thank you.

@DanaGrace, thank you for your vulnerability and for sharing with us. I just prayed for your situation and will continue to as Holy Spirit prompts.

Holy Spirit revealed this to me about a month ago and brought it back to my mind to share with you as well. It's from 2 Corinthians 4:8-9:

"We are hard pressed on every side, (we are surrounded)
but not crushed; (but through the power of the Holy Spirit we are still able to function as God has called us to)
we are perplexed, (we face trying situations that may make us tired or sad)
but not in despair; (but we never lose hope)
persecuted, (we are hunted/ chased after)
but not abandoned; (but Jesus is always taking every step with us. He never runs ahead of us nor leaves us behind)
struck down, (this world is not our home, so even in death)
but not destroyed;" (we can say, "I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also love his appearing." - 2 Timothy 4:7-8 | And forever shall we live with the Lord)

Jul 3, 2015
Thank you for your wisdom on this. We do have a lot of material things and the business is worth a whole lot because it makes a lot of money, so I think that is why the Holy Spirit specifically said "hire and attorney" knowing he is the primary on many of our belongings including the savings account. You are right that it will save a lot of money to not have an attorney, but my can be cruel and is getting more materialistic. One of the main reasons he wants to get back with me is to sell these two houses we have and buy a multimillion dollar house on the water. He keeps saying I need to sell this house and get a bigger one on the water with him, and that we can have separate offices like separate quarters. No thanks not for a trillion do I want to live with that man again.

Praise God He's has got this. I need to do my part and keep knocking I guess. Please keep me in your prayers. God is a supernatural God and nothing is impossible with him.
Ah! Yes, having so many valuable shared assets does complicate the matter. Do-it-yourself type of divorces are probably best when nothing is contested, so in your situation, a lawyer is most likely your best option. Once things get going in that direction, no doubt your hubs will lawyer up also. It sounds like he may be the vindictive type. In that case, make sure to hire an experienced divorce lawyer so you will not be cheated out of what is rightfully yours. After twenty years of marriage and four children my closest siter went through a very nasty divorce. There was no reason for him to be that way, but he was still the same, and he hired a nasty lawyer, also, and they tried to pin all sorts of filth on my dear sister and cheat her out of anything they could. It went on for years, probably because the guy was trying to drag it out until the second youngest came of age. Rather traumatizing for my sister, who was shocked at his behaviour, but she did survive it all and has wonderful relationships with all her children. Not something her ex can really say. Stay strong, and best wishes to you as you move forward...

Apr 21, 2024
God bless you for your help Magenta. So sad the world we live in, and it is sad to hear about your sister. I tried to tell him it is a no fault state, so no one has to be to blame. I know how important his image is. Praise God that she has a great relationship with the kids, and praise God for taking care of his children!

Praise God for your Holy Spirit revelations Servant Consultant. That is good word. Thank you again for your prayers! Prayers and praise are like a sweet-smelling "pleasant aroma" to the Lord (Leviticus 2:2, 9, 16; 5:12). May he have favor on you for your prayers for the saints plights.