Walking humbly with compassion

  • Thread starter Thread starter SearchingforSerenity
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

SearchingforSerenity

Guest
I would like to hear some ways ya’ll have went through experiences with others and have grown from it. Even learned to walk with humility and change your heart in cases they didn’t maybe go your way, or maybe align with your wants?

For instance in my work I deal with working along side and alcoholic. It’s a struggle as he’s unreliable and sometimes ignorant because he’s not getting his fix. I’ve been through a phase of drinking myself so I do have compassion now, where as years before my phase I wouldn’t have.
I had to go through my experience to have patience and understanding with him. I do get sad for him and feel he’s wasting his life. It’s been hard some days to shown remorse or compassion when he doesn’t show up for work.

I’ve started to become more and more aware of my emotions and how I need to be walking more with god throughout my day , rely on him and search for him.

I’m interested in hearing others personal experiences where ya’ll have prayed your way through a difficult situation to finally come out with a compassionate outlook.