Walmart Addresses Shoplifting

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Billyd

May 8, 2014
Retailers like Walmart lose almost $0.02 on every dollar to theft losses. It cost the retail industry nearly fifty billion a year. The average shoplifter take is almost $400 and employee theft is $1200. Walmart has introduced a novel new program to reduce it's theft losses.

Unique way to cut down on shoplifting

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
From the article:

[h=2]How big a problem is shoplifting?[/h]The 2016 National Retail Security Survey (NRSS), conducted by the National Retail Federation (NRF) and Dr. Richard Hollinger of the University of Florida, shows that shrinkage (theft including shoplifting and employees stealing) cost retailers $45.2 billion in 2015. That's 1.38% of total sales and for the second year in a row shoplifting "has surpassed employee theft as the greatest cause of inventory shrink," according to the study.

The NRSS found that the average loss per shoplifting incident was $377, a nearly $60 increase from 2014. The cost of employees stealing actually dropped from $1,546.83 to $1,233.77 year over year.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Who would want to steal from Wally World? LOL.. Their stuff ain't nothin' but cheap, useless factory seconds...

Billyd

May 8, 2014
Who would want to steal from Wally World? LOL.. Their stuff ain't nothin' but cheap, useless factory seconds...
I needed a printer ink cartridge on a trip to south Florida. I found them locked in a display case at the local Walmart. The employee said they had to lock the case after the second time the rack was emptied into a shopping cart and pushed out the front door. Even with their tight security, the thieves got away both times.

Jan 24, 2009
clipart-thumbs-down-thumbs-down-clipart-1809_1802.jpg

Ho ho hum blah.

I go there regularly.

My gf works there and is part of management.

Last edited:

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I needed a printer ink cartridge on a trip to south Florida. I found them locked in a display case at the local Walmart. The employee said they had to lock the case after the second time the rack was emptied into a shopping cart and pushed out the front door. Even with their tight security, the thieves got away both times.
Walmart tends to be ginormous stores that attempt to cater to all people's needs, and as such, carries a huge range of products, from basic goods like food and clothing all the way up to to big purchase electronics and all the spin offs.

Jan 24, 2009
Walmart tends to be ginormous stores that attempt to cater to all people's needs, and as such, carries a huge range of products, from basic goods like food and clothing all the way up to to big purchase electronics and all the spin offs.
Big & busy stores.

The one my gf is working at(on mgnmt team) I tend to avoid. There are 3 in my area & she works at the busiest one.

When I do go to Walmart, I try to go in the later evenings to avoid long lines.

R

renewed_hope

I stole from Walmart a couple weeks ago, but I didn't realize I did until I got home. I was going to do a lot of baking and bought some aluminum baking pans only I grabbed an extra one by accident. The next day I went to the shelf and grabbed one and went to the checkout and bought an extra pan but left that pan there and told the cashier what happened so I made things right :)

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
EVERY SINGLE appliance I have EVER bought from Walmart, has either been defective, or just not worked at all.

EVERY package of socks I buy from there rips out after literally only a week or two..

EVERY piece of clothing I've bought there has ripped after only a short time.

Therefore, WALMART SUCKS.. lol

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
I have to agree.

If you're going to be a shoplifter, you need to aim a little higher.
I think with proper counseling, and maybe some life coaching, walmart shoplifters could be encouraged to raise their standards, and steal from much better stores.

T

TemporaryCircumstances

I've wanted to back to kindergarten and here it is now! Yayyyy!

K

kaylagrl

My husband use to work there {management also} and it drove him nuts. I almost have to drag him in to pick up the groceries.

K

kaylagrl

Will you hold your breath while waiting?

Wouldn't recommend it.

Wow! I mean wow! Chill out. Unless you're one of the Walton kids there's nothing to get all nasty about.smh

Aug 2, 2009
Blue, I hate to tell you this but walmart sells the exact same products that other stores sell.. :rolleyes:

They're cheaper because they have much more buying power since they have thousands of stores, so they can command bigger discounts from the manufacturers and suppliers.