Walmart to stop selling some kinds of ammunition

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

cobalt1959

Feb 10, 2019
I'm glad you have the luxury of never having to deal with places you don't like. Not all have that great luxury. The very little that i use the place certainly is not enough to keep it a float.
It's not hypocrisy to patronize a place that you prefer not to, and avoid where possible.
You call me the bully? Yet make false assertions and judgements and refuse admonishment not to do so. You sir are the bully, and the hypocrite. Good day.
This was your exact quote:

"Wal Mart is a dump anyway. All they sell is cheap junk."

If this is what you believe, then why do you shop there at all? Walmart boils things down to the lowest common denominator because that's what the consumer wants. You want to blame the company when it is simply doing what the average consumer wants. Selling things for the cheapest price. As I said before, and you ignored it because you can't do anything with the statement in regards to yourself, if everyone who bashed Walmart endlessly would quit shopping there, the company would go bankrupt. You included.

I realize it's tough to admit you are a hypocrite. But that is, in fact, what you are. You bash Walmart, but you shop there. So you are a hypocrite. You can try to avoid that truth, but it is still the truth, so I made no "judgement,' and my assertion was true. You diss the place, but you shop there. That makes you the very definition of a hypocrite. If you don't like the word applied to you, instead of scolding me, perhaps you should adjust your own behavior.

As for the bullying, who was it that told other people how they could and could not post? Here is a hint:

It wasn't me.

No one who bullies other people ever comes out and admits they are a bully. They blame their behavior on someone, or something else. I don't bully people. I am simply blunt, honest and to the point. And in today's flacid society, few people can handle that. Maybe you could work on your own poor behavior before you tell other people how they should behave.

Hillfarm

Sep 11, 2019
I don't think there is any gun control conspiracy, it is part of the party platform of the Democratic party. It's not a conspiracy if you say it all the time and make it part of your platform.
Their new agenda is to repeal the 2nd

Kojikun

Oct 5, 2018
Plus there is something kind of counter intuitive about America that takes some understanding.
In places like Chicago, Washington DC, and Los Angeles where licensing is required and the process makes it quite difficult to legally obtain a gun, crime rates are off the charts in comparison to places that guns are much easier to obtain. Everyone is obsessed with the mass shootings that have occured with increased frequency, but fail to see that those numbers are topped regularly and in some cases weekly in areas that are most restrictive. Take Chicago for example, probably one of the most restrictive cities in the country, has shootings every week end, with death tolls rivalling the mass shootings.
As we examine recent American history it seems that the more restrictive we become concerning possession of fire arms the more violent crime including gun violence, we have.
dont forget the ever lovely scape goat "Blame Music" than "Blame Movies" than "Blame Video Games" than "Blame Social Media" Something new is around the corner to blame. A media Older politicians dont understand most likely. The problem always will be people.

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
This was your exact quote:

"Wal Mart is a dump anyway. All they sell is cheap junk."

If this is what you believe, then why do you shop there at all? Walmart boils things down to the lowest common denominator because that's what the consumer wants. You want to blame the company when it is simply doing what the average consumer wants. Selling things for the cheapest price. As I said before, and you ignored it because you can't do anything with the statement in regards to yourself, if everyone who bashed Walmart endlessly would quit shopping there, the company would go bankrupt. You included.

I realize it's tough to admit you are a hypocrite. But that is, in fact, what you are. You bash Walmart, but you shop there. So you are a hypocrite. You can try to avoid that truth, but it is still the truth, so I made no "judgement,' and my assertion was true. You diss the place, but you shop there. That makes you the very definition of a hypocrite. If you don't like the word applied to you, instead of scolding me, perhaps you should adjust your own behavior.

As for the bullying, who was it that told other people how they could and could not post? Here is a hint:

It wasn't me.

No one who bullies other people ever comes out and admits they are a bully. They blame their behavior on someone, or something else. I don't bully people. I am simply blunt, honest and to the point. And in today's flacid society, few people can handle that. Maybe you could work on your own poor behavior before you tell other people how they should behave.

I think it's a bit more complicated than that. One must define "shop". If it's 2am and I realize I have a tail light out I'm going to stop at walmart and get the light. No other option. Leastways not if I want to drive legally. Essentially it presents an interesting moral dilemma. It is a civil violation though and not criminal (different topic ofc) and in theory one should always keep spare lights in the car but supposing you had already used your spares and you had a faulty one that lasted only a few days (has happened to me).

I spend money at walmart but precious little. It's exceptionally hard to completely ignore, but if a person makes an effort to buy other places because they don't agree with a stores policy or the business model and yet occasionally buys something that they can't get anywhere else at the time I wouldn't call that hypocritical, just practically convenient.

Much like if one is all about health and eating organic and is against fast food and avoids it at all costs but happens to be on a road trip and it's late and due to traffic delays and poor contingency planning ends up eating fast food I wouldn't call it hypocritical "necessarily".

I do take an in between stance of where you are and where others are as far as "necessity". I don't think it is ever really necessary (although at some point in my life it could be somehow), just convenient. Convenience is incredibly hard to break in our current world, so I'm not going to try and bash someone's decision to shop at places they haven't researched or to consume products where the same could be said. It's a personal conviction...

The war against convenience is not an easy road.

It's also a struggle to not become judgmental and pharasaical in our "convictions". It is for me at least.

cobalt1959

Feb 10, 2019
I think it's a bit more complicated than that. One must define "shop". If it's 2am and I realize I have a tail light out I'm going to stop at walmart and get the light. No other option. Leastways not if I want to drive legally. Essentially it presents an interesting moral dilemma. It is a civil violation though and not criminal (different topic ofc) and in theory one should always keep spare lights in the car but supposing you had already used your spares and you had a faulty one that lasted only a few days (has happened to me).

I spend money at walmart but precious little. It's exceptionally hard to completely ignore, but if a person makes an effort to buy other places because they don't agree with a stores policy or the business model and yet occasionally buys something that they can't get anywhere else at the time I wouldn't call that hypocritical, just practically convenient.

Much like if one is all about health and eating organic and is against fast food and avoids it at all costs but happens to be on a road trip and it's late and due to traffic delays and poor contingency planning ends up eating fast food I wouldn't call it hypocritical "necessarily".

I do take an in between stance of where you are and where others are as far as "necessity". I don't think it is ever really necessary (although at some point in my life it could be somehow), just convenient. Convenience is incredibly hard to break in our current world, so I'm not going to try and bash someone's decision to shop at places they haven't researched or to consume products where the same could be said. It's a personal conviction...

The war against convenience is not an easy road.

It's also a struggle to not become judgmental and pharasaical in our "convictions". It is for me at least.
I think very few people keep spare lights in their cars. Most don't even have spare fuses unless the factory, or a PO tossed some in the glove box. I carry fluids, a compressor, tools, a broom and an ice scraper, and that's it.

Everything in our country is based on both convenience and selfishness. There is no doubt that Walmart is a bad company. I should know, I work for them. But the same people that sneer at the company, the people that work there and the people that shop there are the sames ones who also shop there and benefit from the employee's work. Hypocrites. People continually make fun of people who work at McDonald's or Burger King, but those same people pull up to the speaker there and buy a meal because they are too lazy and spoiled to prepare a meal at home. Hypocrites. The average American spends twice as much money on entertainment as they do on food. That is a spoiled and selfish society. If you dropped the average Millennial into 1800's anywhere in the U.S., they would be either dead or almost dead in a week.