Wanderer, far from home

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 20, 2019
Hey, i believe i am not the only one having the same problem.

I am 18 years old

I am in Jakarta, Indonesia, for almost 1 year, it is for study purposes, but currently i have only about under 20 friends. It means i am far from anyone back home. The feel of loneliness made me feel lost and lazy. I am lazy to go to church or joining the christian community. And in some ways... that i didn't realize.. it changed me.. to worse of course.. My girlfriend said that i became like a bad person.. hmmm... i don't know how to describe this without badwords hahah, the point is maybe i lost the lovely touch i used to be back at home, i became rude...
I have no problem with foods and anything. I can take care of my room, transportation, laundry, i can. But just feeling lonely.

And of course i am far away from Jesus..

What i feel here is ... i feel like i don't have any verbal support, i miss my mother. I wish i have someone in this city...

Is there any tips that you can give me? How to overcome this fear and loneliness..

littlelady

Dec 28, 2015
My advice may not be what you're hoping for but it's to get out there and connect with a church community. Putting down roots somewhere, even just for now, and surrounding yourself with other Christ followers will help you grow and give you that support and connection where you are now, away from home. Being part of a church always means being part of a family which is exactly what you're looking for. Most importantly, it will hopefully inspire you to draw closer to God again. Keep working on this on your own too, this is your relationship to invest in sadly nobody can do it for you. Keep in touch with family and friends from home via Skype if you can, and pray pray pray. Pour out your heart and all of your loneliness to God, ask Him to fill you up again. Praying for you :)

Jan 20, 2019
Will keep that in mind, thanks sureee
My advice may not be what you're hoping for but it's to get out there and connect with a church community. Putting down roots somewhere, even just for now, and surrounding yourself with other Christ followers will help you grow and give you that support and connection where you are now, away from home. Being part of a church always means being part of a family which is exactly what you're looking for. Most importantly, it will hopefully inspire you to draw closer to God again. Keep working on this on your own too, this is your relationship to invest in sadly nobody can do it for you. Keep in touch with family and friends from home via Skype if you can, and pray pray pray. Pour out your heart and all of your loneliness to God, ask Him to fill you up again. Praying for you :)

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
Sounds like situational depression, a form of depression that is temporary and caused by current circumstances. Make sure you're on a consistent sleep schedule, sleeping at night if possible, exercise a few times a week and keep a healthier diet. Try to get out of your house and spend time with friends a couple days a week and try to spend some time in the sun each day.

tanakh

Dec 1, 2015

I am 18 years old

I am in Jakarta, Indonesia, for almost 1 year, it is for study purposes, but currently i have only about under 20 friends. It means i am far from anyone back home. The feel of loneliness made me feel lost and lazy. I am lazy to go to church or joining the christian community. And in some ways... that i didn't realize.. it changed me.. to worse of course.. My girlfriend said that i became like a bad person.. hmmm... i don't know how to describe this without badwords hahah, the point is maybe i lost the lovely touch i used to be back at home, i became rude...
I have no problem with foods and anything. I can take care of my room, transportation, laundry, i can. But just feeling lonely.

What i feel here is ... i feel like i don't have any verbal support, i miss my mother. I wish i have someone in this city...

Is there any tips that you can give me? How to overcome this fear and loneliness..
I don't understand how someone who can count their circle of friends in double figures( less than 20) including a girlfriend
can be so negative considering that you are in a foreign country. How many do you expect to have?. You are only there on a
temporary basis. Look on your situation as a positive experience.

M

Miri

I don't understand how someone who can count their circle of friends in double figures( less than 20) including a girlfriend
can be so negative considering that you are in a foreign country. How many do you expect to have?. You are only there on a
temporary basis. Look on your situation as a positive experience.

You up early too? I can’t sleep for the wind either.

M

Miri

I am 18 years old

It sounds like your circle of friends are not being a very good influence on you.
At your age it’s easy to be influenced by others then as we get older we learn
how to set our own standards.

I agree with a previous poster, find a local church connect with them.

Mar 25, 2019
Look for Godly association and forsake not the assemblies of believers and get involved in worship and praises. always create time for personal fellowship with Jesus were you commune with him

Milee777

Dec 24, 2018

I am 18 years old

I know someone going through it, and i knew he wanted support and he was about to pour forth things about his life to me when all of a sudden one of his friend told me about the fact that he is living alone and he was pissed at his friend for telling me this. I was shocked since i thought the whole college knows about it except me...but what i saw was he didn't like his friend to tell me this thing. And afterwards he never talked about his problems to me... from this- all i could infer is that he did not want anybody's favor or sympathy. He was okay telling me things as long as i never knew he was living alone. I felt chained and couldn't help him even though i wanted to talk, now speaking to him makes him feel am pitying him and he doesn't like that. I feel bad how he isolates himself but its his wish... I just hoped that am of help... but if i truly care i can pray to the Father to send another helper to lead him to Christ and shoulder him in these times.
He has a best friend....
I would encourage you to acknowledge God's with you and pour out your heart to him like you are next to a good Father. You can talk to any Christian who loves God..

Milee777

Dec 24, 2018
Isaiah 66:13 says that God will comfort you as a mother comforts her son